Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 04:19 AM
RE: Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
(05-02-2016 04:11 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I think Trump should get it. He will bring peace and stability to the world. Well, after the initial bombings.

Amazing how all these alleged bringers of peace start with war huh? It's like there's a manual somewhere. "In order to bring peace, first knock the shit out of everyone you don't like. You might get the shit knocked out of you too by the way, but that's fine print and nobody reads that."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2016, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 05:00 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-02-2016 04:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 04:11 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I think Trump should get it. He will bring peace and stability to the world. Well, after the initial bombings.

Amazing how all these alleged bringers of peace start with war huh? It's like there's a manual somewhere. "In order to bring peace, first knock the shit out of everyone you don't like. You might get the shit knocked out of you too by the way, but that's fine print and nobody reads that."

Well, and eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

But after that, it is pretty hard to see where you are swinging your fists, or who you want to swing them at.

Still, this world won't know true peace so long as there is life on it; because the struggle for survival isn't peaceful. So until the day our planet is invariably swallowed up in the super heated plasma that is the expanding corona of our Sun as it enters it's red giant phase, this world will still probably have extremophiles competing for survival on it's surface. True peace can only exist in the absence of struggle, and thus, in the absence of life. Suddenly all those 'rogue' genocidal AI's in science fiction, such as the Reapers in Mass Effect, make a little bit more sense.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-02-2016, 04:55 AM
(04-02-2016 09:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Since nominating Hitler....

Time magazine's 1938 Man of the year.

What a joke.

They gave a peace prize to Obama who drone bombs everyone. The entire thing is contemptible.

Well giving it to Obama based on that makes sense... I mean, you do know who Alfred Nobel was right?

The entire concept of the peace price based on a chemist who created many new explosives was contemptible and silly from the start. Sure it helped railroads get built faster too I guess that's peaceful.

Also the way they determine the literature prize as well has always been viewed awkwardly too. They have a multi layered process of some people curate a list for this committee of voters that mostly know nothing about the contexts of the texts.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
05-02-2016, 06:01 AM
(05-02-2016 12:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 11:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They fucked that up before Obama, when they gave one to Mother Teresa.

Also, Henry Kissinger and Woodrow Wilson.

I dunno. I think there's def an argument for Kissinger and Theresa - controversial choices but I don't really have a problem with that, an award like that is always gonna court controversy - Mandela got it, and some people still think he was a terrorist. Haven't the foggiest clue who Wilson was. But for Obama there's not even a reason to give it to him. What the fuck did they put in the citation?

Don't know much about Kissinger but if his depiction* in The Blood Telegram by Gary Bass rings true then he did not deserve such prize (leaving aside fact that prize itself was already tarnished).

As for Theresa, wasn't it Christopher Hitchens who wrote book about her? It wasn't a pretty picture if I'm remembering right.

Kissinger was supposedly encouraging Nixon to support Pakistan despite genocide which took place there. According to the author Kissinger in no way was a moderate influence on the president, who appeared to be in good relationships with Pakistan dictator Yahya. Neither of them were concerned about mass killings.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-02-2016, 06:32 AM
(05-02-2016 04:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  

You have to pluck the weeds if you want to grow a garden.
05-02-2016, 06:40 AM
(03-02-2016 11:07 AM)carol Wrote:  Drinking Beverage goddamnmotherfuckingcocksuckingsonofabitch fuckity fuck fuck..

I am so very sorry
fuckity fuck fuck
I get so angry just looking at that asswipe

Don't hold back....

Tell us how you REALLY feel....

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-02-2016, 06:43 AM
Wouldn't an Ig-nobel prize be more appropriate???

http://www.improbable.com/ig/

Perhaps something along the line of "Defying reality, whilst one's hair defies gravity"......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-02-2016, 06:45 AM
(05-02-2016 06:32 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 04:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Amazing how all these alleged bringers of peace start with war huh? It's like there's a manual somewhere. "In order to bring peace, first knock the shit out of everyone you don't like. You might get the shit knocked out of you too by the way, but that's fine print and nobody reads that."

You have to pluck the weeds if you want to grow a garden.

Problem is that humans aren't weed and neither world is a garden.

Red Army fought for the peace to the last bullet as saying went. Result wasn't pretty.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-02-2016, 06:56 AM
(05-02-2016 06:45 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Problem is that humans aren't weed and neither world is a garden.

Some are weeds. They need to be plucked and discarded. Once the weeds are gone, the garden with flourish.
05-02-2016, 07:01 AM
(05-02-2016 06:56 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 06:45 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Problem is that humans aren't weed and neither world is a garden.

Some are weeds. They need to be plucked and discarded. Once the weeds are gone, the garden with flourish.

Some are weeds that need to be plucked you say? I see dehumanization didn't lost it appeal even after all tragedies of XX century.

Also I doubt that "garden" will flourish. There I suspect always will be people considered by some weeds that are to be plucked and utopia still won't materialize.

Mikhail Bakunin.