Donald Trump's 'unfavourables' are at a historic high, despite his chest-beating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Donald Trump's 'unfavourables' are at a historic high, despite his chest-beating
Trump article.

Washington: It's hard to exaggerate what's going down here.
The Republicans, the party of Lincoln that controlled the White House for a total of 88 years, are on the verge of self-destruction over a man who might sneak away with the GOP nomination – but who almost certainly will never be elected president of the US.

Thoughts?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Donald Trump's 'unfavourables' are at a historic high, despite his chest-beating
(30-03-2016 07:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Trump article.

The Republicans, the party of Lincoln that controlled the White House for a total of 88 years, are on the verge of self-destruction over a man who might sneak away with the GOP nomination – but who almost certainly will never be elected president of the US.

Thoughts?

I doubt Donald Trump will be the nominee. According to fivethirtyeight, he won't get to the magic number of delegates. After the first vote comes up short, non-binding delegates will be allowed to vote for someone else. Kasich is in there just to keep Trump and Cruz from getting the magic number. The establishment will pick their own candidate at the convention (Jeb, Rubio, Paul Ryan maybe). Interestingly, Rubio sent out a letter to the states that control his delegates and asked them not to move to another candidate. He's still in even if he's not campaigning.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-03-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Donald Trump's 'unfavourables' are at a historic high, despite his chest-beating

Thoughts?

I'm surprised he gets so much coverage down under.

I agree, plus he may well be the death of the republican party.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-03-2016, 08:04 PM
(30-03-2016 07:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

Thoughts?

I doubt Donald Trump will be the nominee. According to fivethirtyeight, he won't get to the magic number of delegates. After the first vote comes up short, non-binding delegates will be allowed to vote for someone else. Kasich is in there just to keep Trump and Cruz from getting the magic number. The establishment will pick their own candidate at the convention (Jeb, Rubio, Paul Ryan maybe). Interestingly, Rubio sent out a letter to the states that control his delegates and asked them not to move to another candidate. He's still in even if he's not campaigning.

That may be possible. If Ryan were to run, he would pose a threat. The others, maybe not. But the Trump supporters will be SO PO'd, I doubt they would go for an establishment candidate. Trump would go 3rd Party, and they still vote for him. Either way they lose.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-03-2016, 08:13 PM
(30-03-2016 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I doubt Donald Trump will be the nominee. According to fivethirtyeight, he won't get to the magic number of delegates. After the first vote comes up short, non-binding delegates will be allowed to vote for someone else. Kasich is in there just to keep Trump and Cruz from getting the magic number. The establishment will pick their own candidate at the convention (Jeb, Rubio, Paul Ryan maybe). Interestingly, Rubio sent out a letter to the states that control his delegates and asked them not to move to another candidate. He's still in even if he's not campaigning.

That may be possible. If Ryan were to run, he would pose a threat. The others, maybe not. But the Trump supporters will be SO PO'd, I doubt they would go for an establishment candidate. Trump would go 3rd Party, and they still vote for him. Either way they lose.

I'm voting for the GOP nominee. If they pick a different candidate at the convention then that's who I'll go for. Trump supporters will be pissed at first but we'll get over it. Trump is a businessman. I doubt he'll waste his money on a 3rd party run that he knows he won't win. He'd have to spend 250 MILLION to come in 3rd? I don't think he'd do it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-03-2016, 08:17 PM
(30-03-2016 07:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  I'm surprised he gets so much coverage down under.

Oh we are kept well up to date. US politics greatly affect us.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-03-2016, 08:30 PM
(30-03-2016 08:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  I'm surprised he gets so much coverage down under.

Oh we are kept well up to date. US politics greatly affect us.

Ditto for the UK etc.

There is a direct impact on (un)employment... of satirists!

Meanwhile, a Chinese newspaper headline last week was (I paraphrase):
US Election: See? This Is Why Democracy Is Worthless! Told Ya So.

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
30-03-2016, 10:07 PM
I think Kasich will sneak in in a brokered convention.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-03-2016, 02:45 AM
(30-03-2016 07:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

Thoughts?

The GOP really has no shame. Kasich could win 100% of the delegates from here on out and he still wouldn't reach 1237 delegates. Same for Rubio. How are either of them still allowed to run and hold on to their delegates?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-03-2016, 05:07 AM
Add'l Cogent Analysis from Nate Silver