Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Donald Trump
(09-08-2015 07:54 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So to clarify: In this case you think that "the left" think that Donald Trump is responsible for his business dealings and that he can't stand behind his insolvent corporations? Like, almost as if the left think that his corporations are not people in their own right and that they shouldn't be able to go bankrupt in his place?

“Corporations are people, my friend,” - Mitt Romney

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 04:27 PM
I took a political candidate test - ISideWith.com - someone shared on their Facebook page. It aligned me with Bernie Sanders - no big surprise there. It placed me in the Green Party - no big surprise there, either. The part I found mildly amusing was that of all the Republican candidates, I most closely matched Huckabee, the guy I bitch about the most. In fact he was the 4th closest match of all candidates the site mentioned. Go figure.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
09-08-2015, 04:47 PM
^Yeah, it told me I'm like 60% with Huckabee, too. WTF Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-08-2015, 06:41 PM
(09-08-2015 04:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I took a political candidate test - ISideWith.com - someone shared on their Facebook page. It aligned me with Bernie Sanders - no big surprise there. It placed me in the Green Party - no big surprise there, either. The part I found mildly amusing was that of all the Republican candidates, I most closely matched Huckabee, the guy I bitch about the most. In fact he was the 4th closest match of all candidates the site mentioned. Go figure.

I took that quiz a while back and got Sanders too. My most agreed with Republican was Jeb Bush, which was a surprise; I would have thought Christie. No matter: I won't be voting for either of them. I was also matched with Green but Democrat was a close second. All I can say is: at least my closest match wasn't Santorum, and with Trump I agreed only 21% of the time. Healthcare was the common ground with Trump. He definitely seems to have a quite liberal perspective there.
09-08-2015, 09:36 PM
I got Sanders at 90%, Clinton at 81%, O'Malley at 71%, then a tie between Huckabee and Rand Paul at 54%, but on different issues of agreement. (But lowest agreement, at 16% and 23%, were Cruz and Trump. Woo-hah!)

I confess I'm a little horrified at agreeing with anything Huckabee has to say. That's one of the few human beings on this planet who genuinely makes me come close to violating Godwin's Law.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
09-08-2015, 09:39 PM
I got Sanders too, did not save the rest of my results, think it aligned me with left wing though. Hmm, seems we are all getting Sanders, must be a conspiracy.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-08-2015, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 10:20 PM by yakherder.)
It "matched" me with Marco Rubio with 93% lol. But... that 7% we disagree on includes some things I think are pretty important, whereas 80% of that 93% I don't really give a shit about.

My biggest issues are divided in such a manner so as to completely rule out any major or minor party nominee.

I just want a gun supporting candidate that isn't homophobic and recognizes the importance of the environment, scarce resource domination, and foreign intelligence in both our allies and potential enemies.

I need to start a party of my own based on the principal of secular imperialism.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-08-2015, 10:28 PM
97% Bernie Sanders, and that doesn't surprise me at all.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-08-2015, 05:14 PM
[Image: trumpsand_17085_zps9brxgv9i.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-08-2015, 07:15 PM
(08-08-2015 06:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 06:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Didn't he inherit property from his dad, build more buildings, not pay his contractors.....

People on the left think corporations are not people except when the corporation belongs to Donald Trump.

Plenty of us libertarians also think that corporations should not pollute the political process with their money, which is corrosive to democracy.

Your mileage seems to vary.