Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Donald Trump
(11-08-2015 09:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't think the Col. has much of a chance myself, but what does an outsider like me know.

That aside, I don't think he has no 'spectacle', given that he recently drew a crowd numbering ~27000 people...

I remember Ron Paul having the same sort of strong support in the beginning of the election circus his last go around, it looks impressive from the get go, but once things settle down and the actual politics kick in there's not much of a chance for someone spouting "anti-statis quo" ideals to get a serious nod for election.

I could be wrong, let's hope I am, but I don't hold much hope for someone like Sanders to stand a chance. I'd vote for him, but I think he knows it. He's in it to keep the idea alive.

But there does seem to be a hot coal of hope still alight in the ashes of America's landfill of a political system. There just needs to be the one final breath of fresh air that lights it afire again. I don't think Bernie is it just yet, I don't think Americans are desperate enough yet, but we're getting closer with each passing year.

I hate to think how bad we'll allow things to get before we're that hungry for change, but I believe we have to get to that point before there will be enough people willing to say "fuck you" to the established policy makers for that to happen.

I think if we're lucky, Hillary will be the next pres, and at least we'll have taken the next step towards overcoming our legacy of patriarchal control and dealing the republicans another blow even if it means the status quo in politics remains the same, but it's still a small step in the big picture.

But hey, evolution doesn't happen overnight...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
13-08-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 06:25 PM by ELK12695.)
I'd like to forget when they had Trump in a storyline in the WWE, and Trump was FACE mind you, opposing Mr. McMahon. We don't hate Vince that much. Atleast they allowed Austin to give Trump the stone cold stunner, even if it looked like shit.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
14-08-2015, 02:40 AM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.