Donald the Draft Dodger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2016, 06:37 AM
Exclamation Donald the Draft Dodger
To avoid adding to a couple of already lengthy threads about the Donald, I thought I'd start a fresh topic about Drumpf's—and Sanders—dodging military service during the Vietnam era.

Questions are being asked about Drumpf avoiding the Vietnam draft. Having graduated from Wharton Business School in the 1960s, he got five deferments in a row for having a "bone spur" in his foot—ah, flat feet, got me out of three years in the cadets!—and now says he regrets not serving.

His reverse 'Midas touch' was on display here when he recounted how a supporter handed over his Purple Heart medal as a gift to Drumpf. "I always wanted a Purple Heart” Drumpf said later, of the medal given for being injured in the line of duty. "This was much easier."

—Nope, you don’t need to read that again. That’s actually what he said. Gasp

[Image: zby04.jpg]

So... this is an article about Sanders, written by a Vietnam vet in the Des Moines Register in Sep last year: How can Sanders be commander in chief?.

[Image: sanders-dodged-draft.jpeg]

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: Donald the Draft Dodger
I would have been a conscientious objector also.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
04-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Deny being it now? Well as if a human 50 years later would be incapable of moral changes.

But apart of that, what's wrong in this world scenario perhaps having humans in military leadership command roles who have objections to warfare would create effective world results.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 5 users Like ClydeLee's post
04-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Bernie was honest, Donald and GW not so much.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
04-08-2016, 08:45 AM
Our family didn't have the money, prestige or connections to get my two oldest brothers out of the war so when they got their draft notices (within three weeks of each other) they hopped on their motorcycles and went to Canada. My mother was raised in Canada so it wasn't too difficult to adapt. They're still there, became Canadian citizens and say it was the best decision they ever made. They really love living in Canada. They call it "A land of polite, sane people."

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-08-2016, 08:55 AM
(04-08-2016 06:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  To avoid adding to a couple of already lengthy threads about the Donald, I thought I'd start a fresh topic about Drumpf's—and Sanders—dodging military service during the Vietnam era.

Questions are being asked about Drumpf avoiding the Vietnam draft. Having graduated from Wharton Business School in the 1960s, he got five deferments in a row for having a "bone spur" in his foot—ah, flat feet, got me out of three years in the cadets!—and now says he regrets not serving.

His reverse 'Midas touch' was on display here when he recounted how a supporter handed over his Purple Heart medal as a gift to Drumpf. "I always wanted a Purple Heart” Drumpf said later, of the medal given for being injured in the line of duty. "This was much easier."

—Nope, you don’t need to read that again. That’s actually what he said. Gasp

[Image: zby04.jpg]

So... this is an article about Sanders, written by a Vietnam vet in the Des Moines Register in Sep last year: How can Sanders be commander in chief?.

[Image: sanders-dodged-draft.jpeg]

Confused

I had a bone spur on the heel of both feet. They're quite common, it's a calcium deposit and a lot of people don't even know they have them but walk, run, hike and dance with them. My family doctor shaved one of my bone spurs down down because it was interfering with my ballet shoe laces and the other faded away. Two weeks after I had it shaved down I was back dancing in pointe shoes.

Pffffffft........bone spurs.....Hahahahahaha.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-08-2016, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 10:09 AM by yakherder.)
(04-08-2016 08:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  They call it "A land of polite, sane people."

But then I moved here.
Evil_monster

And for the record, there were more Canadians hopping the border to join the military in the hopes of getting some action than there were Americans hopping the border in the hopes of avoiding it. I worked with a Canadian who served as a US Marine in Vietnam, then after it was over returned to Canada. Last I talked to him he was involved in this project:

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/a-former-...in-ontario

There are plenty of warriors hiding amongst the yuppies up here too, they just don't make as much noise Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
04-08-2016, 09:53 AM
(04-08-2016 09:50 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 08:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  They call it "A land of polite, sane people."

But then I moved here.
Evil_monster

Well, you do seem polite...the other, maybe not so much. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-08-2016, 10:04 AM
And it wasn't a problem when Hillary's hubby Bubba did it????

Now why is that??????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-08-2016, 10:11 AM
(04-08-2016 10:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And it wasn't a problem when Hillary's hubby Bubba did it????

Now why is that??????

The voters in those elections already decided how much of a problem it was or was not. I grant you I was only a young lad in the Clinton years, but I don't remember "bombing the Hell out of [insert group here]" as one of the primary planks of his platform. Nor do I recall Clinton referring to POWs as "losers" or feuding with Gold Star families.

I also think there's a difference between seeking Conscientious Objector status and getting a bullshit medical deferment; however neither of these is a good enough reason to disqualify one from the presidency as far as I'm concerned. Especially if we're talking about the Vietnam War. I wouldn't have fought in that war either. I think there are plenty of things we can legitimately hang Trump on (and Hillary) but this isn't one of the big issues, at least for me.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post