Donald the Draft Dodger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2016, 11:49 AM
RE: Donald the Draft Dodger
(04-08-2016 11:17 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  http://www.nationalvietnamveteransfounda...istics.htm

I read this with some interest, since my father was in Vietnam when I was born.

He died after the war ended -- but that wasn't what interested me...

Some things were just duh moments -- like Vietnam veterans who aren't retired making more money. People from WW2 are mostly dead or dying now, and Korea, they're all retired or dead.

So yeah someone that is in their 60s or 70s....so ok.

But the other stat rather buried was amount of African Americans, while only like 13% but of those 12% died. It seemed to be downplayed -- but that was huge.

Not sure what those stats have to do with Donald Trump dodging the draft tho.

Public opinion for the war was horrible, while it was going on and in the years after. In the late 60s my father was walking through an airport and someone spit on him (he was in uniform). In the late 70s my father denied more than once, his service. He told my mother that when he died to not get a flag.

I'm actually happy that Veitnam veterans can not only admit they were there but speak about it today without being treated like crap.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-08-2016, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 11:55 AM by skyking.)
erasing some unverified stuff.
04-08-2016, 11:52 AM
(04-08-2016 11:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 11:46 AM)skyking Wrote:  conveniently left out Kerry there.

Good catch, don’t know why they did.

2 Purple Hearts, 1 Silver Star

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_c...John_Kerry
Not convent, it would make no sense to add him. it's a list of 08 candidates.. which Kerry wasn't one of.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
04-08-2016, 11:54 AM
(04-08-2016 11:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 11:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Good catch, don’t know why they did.

2 Purple Hearts, 1 Silver Star

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_c...John_Kerry
Not convent, it would make no sense to add him. it's a list of 08 candidates.. which Kerry wasn't one of.

just figured that out ClydeLee. He was an 04 candidate.
Thanks.
04-08-2016, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 12:43 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
This thread stinks of bullshit.

Please show proof Donald Trump dodged the draft.

Donald Trump never violated the Selective Service Act, nor was he among the 200,000 men charged with a crime for not showing up.

Like 5-10 million other men enrolled in college at the time, he was given a deferment. When he was no longer in college, he had to go down to the processing station like every other guy and get a medical inspection. He was never given a full medical disqualification. He could have still been drafted in an emergency. He was basically put at the back of the list due to the foot problem.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Everything is just fine. He said so yesterday. His campaign has never been more unified. There is nothing to worry about.

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-08-2016, 12:51 PM
(04-08-2016 12:36 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This thread stinks of bullshit.

Donald Trump never violated the Selective Service Act, nor was he among the 200,000 men charged with a crime for not showing up.

Like 5-10 million other men enrolled in college at the time, he was given a deferment. When he was no longer in college, he had to go down to the processing station like every other guy and get a medical inspection. He was never given a full medical disqualification. He could have still been drafted in an emergency. He was basically put at the back of the list due to the foot problem.

Pfffffft. Foot problem. Bone spurs, my eye. See post # 6.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-08-2016, 12:52 PM

Ive said this before when Bush was president I don't blame anyone who claimed a medical deferment or went to national guard, or even coast guard -- hid in college or went to Canada.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to serve in that war. That includes Trump.

I've never once understood the fuss people make about it. It was a terrible war. Service people were openly treated like crap.

There's plenty more things Trump has done to get fired up over.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-08-2016, 01:00 PM
(04-08-2016 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Ive said this before when Bush was president I don't blame anyone who claimed a medical deferment or went to national guard, or even coast guard -- hid in college or went to Canada.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to serve in that war. That includes Trump.

I've never once understood the fuss people make about it. It was a terrible war. Service people were openly treated like crap.

There's plenty more things Trump has done to get fired up over.

Well, that's true Moms. I think people have forgotten what turmoil the country was in when that war was raging. It's what eventually kept Lyndon Johnson from seeking another term in 1968. Much of the country turned against him by then, even Walter Cronkite.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-08-2016, 01:01 PM
(04-08-2016 12:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Pfffffft. Foot problem. Bone spurs, my eye. See post # 6.

From the Mayo clinic:

"bone spurs can cause pain and loss of motion in your joints."

Which would have made Trump useless on a battlefield. After miles marching in boots, his platoon would have had to carry him, making him a liability.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]