Donald the Draft Dodger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2016, 01:05 PM
RE: Donald the Draft Dodger
(04-08-2016 01:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 12:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Pfffffft. Foot problem. Bone spurs, my eye. See post # 6.

From the Mayo clinic:

"bone spurs can cause pain and loss of motion in your joints."

Which would have made Trump useless on a battlefield. After miles marching in boots, his platoon would have had to carry him, making him a liability.

You're assuming that the dx is true and not bought and paid for.

I'm not saying it is, but you do know that happened frequently, right?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 01:18 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(04-08-2016 01:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 01:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  From the Mayo clinic:

Which would have made Trump useless on a battlefield. After miles marching in boots, his platoon would have had to carry him, making him a liability.

You're assuming that the dx is true and not bought and paid for.

We have no evidence it was paid for. And the fact that he was only given a low level 1Y deferment (which meant he could still be drafted if they absolutely needed him) and not a 4F medical disqualification shows it was probably not paid for. The Trump's were rich. They could have bought off a Dr. for a full medical disqualification easily.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Maybe the doctors could already tell that he is fucking nuts so they shifted him to the back of draft line.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
04-08-2016, 01:19 PM
(04-08-2016 01:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 12:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Pfffffft. Foot problem. Bone spurs, my eye. See post # 6.

From the Mayo clinic:

I had bone spurs on both heels while I was dancing semi-professionally. I had one shaved down and the other faded away. Two weeks after my left heel bone spur was shaved down I was dancing in pointe shoes. Raising up on point involves a huge amount the achilles tendon being used and plies and jumps also rely on the heel of the foot. Pointe shoes are extremely tight and hug the foot so there's no cushion on the heel. Walking with a bone spur was a piece of cake though. It was nothing.

After about two more weeks of dancing I didn't notice a thing. The Donald is just a wimp. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-08-2016, 01:23 PM
(04-08-2016 01:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 01:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You're assuming that the dx is true and not bought and paid for.

We have no evidence it was paid for. And the fact that he was only given a low level 1Y deferment (which meant he could still be drafted if they absolutely needed him) and not a 4H medical disqualification shows it was probably not paid for. The Trump's were rich. They could have bought off a Dr. for a full medical disqualification easily.

Or it showed that he did it himself rather than coming from family money.

I knew people who did it. The medical exam wasn't so thorough, so repeat Dx'd for bone spurs is totally possible. All it really takes is one doctor to dx and the subsequent ones are more likely to just follow suit.

That's just a rinse and repeat kind of thing.

Certain circles knew what to do or say before you showed up for your medical exam -- doctors as the war dragged on would often help.

But you're right, family involvement would have meant a better dx and full deferment. Like a lawyer I once knew, his family paid off a doctor the day he showed up for his physical. Said he had a heart murmur or something.

No other doctor ever found one before or after.

He was annoyed at the time, he said, since he was willing to serve.

04-08-2016, 01:31 PM
I only care about who served in the military to the extent of the importance of such experience for a commander in chief. That importance is shared with other factors, such as experience in diplomacy, experience in economics and so on.

In other words, I see it as part of schooling and not as a part of character.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-08-2016, 01:36 PM
(04-08-2016 01:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Which would have made Trump useless on a battlefield. After miles marching in boots, his platoon would have had to carry him, making him a liability.

Around 80% of the jobs in the military are non-combat. They would've found a desk job for a smart man like him. Those bone spurs are a real liability sitting behind a desk.

#sigh
04-08-2016, 01:40 PM
(04-08-2016 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 01:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We have no evidence it was paid for. And the fact that he was only given a low level 1Y deferment (which meant he could still be drafted if they absolutely needed him) and not a 4H medical disqualification shows it was probably not paid for. The Trump's were rich. They could have bought off a Dr. for a full medical disqualification easily.

Or it showed that he did it himself rather than coming from family money.

I knew people who did it. The medical exam wasn't so thorough, so repeat Dx'd for bone spurs is totally possible. All it really takes is one doctor to dx and the subsequent ones are more likely to just follow suit.

That's just a rinse and repeat kind of thing.

Certain circles knew what to do or say before you showed up for your medical exam -- doctors as the war dragged on would often help.

But you're right, family involvement would have meant a better dx and full deferment. Like a lawyer I once knew, his family paid off a doctor the day he showed up for his physical. Said he had a heart murmur or something.

No other doctor ever found one before or after.

He was annoyed at the time, he said, since he was willing to serve.

Yeah. I wanted to get back to dancing. No bone spur was going to stop me. Bone spurs are just calcium deposit and happen around the teens and early twenties. They fade away after a couple of years. I just wanted mine gone quicker.

Both my brothers were strong strapping young men when they were called in for the draft. One of my brothers actually went in for the military examination and in front of him, in the line, was a guy who was totally underweight, sick and anemic looking. My brother thought for sure they'd reject him but they didn't. He knew then he was toast. He got his notice a week later to show up for duty and that's when he took his motorcycle for a nice long drive......up to Canada. My other brother was right behind him on another motorcycle. They split up and went through different border crossings. There's quite a story they tell of them crossing the border into Canada.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Older brother of a friend of mine did go to Vietnam. He wasn't right when he came back. He tried to go ahead with a marriage to one of our neighbors...she didn't want that because she knew he was quite changed. They tried anyway...plans had been made. A couple years later they divorced. He killed himself before he was thirty. It was his tour in Vietnam that killed him...it just took a long time and a lot of suffering.

I have an uncle who left college to go over. Of course he was made an officer right off the bat 'cause college. He has been able to use his Vietnam veteran status to his benefit, paid for the rest of his schooling, etc. He was good with a camera. He flew around and took pictures of visiting politicians...staged photos, of course...no yucky stuff.

Vietnam was a crappy situation all around. My age group just missed that draft but many older brothers of my friends were either worried about being drafted or were drafted.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-08-2016, 02:26 PM
(04-08-2016 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Older brother of a friend of mine did go to Vietnam. He wasn't right when he came back. He tried to go ahead with a marriage to one of our neighbors...she didn't want that because she knew he was quite changed. They tried anyway...plans had been made. A couple years later they divorced. He killed himself before he was thirty. It was his tour in Vietnam that killed him...it just took a long time and a lot of suffering.

I have an uncle who left college to go over. Of course he was made an officer right off the bat 'cause college. He has been able to use his Vietnam veteran status to his benefit, paid for the rest of his schooling, etc. He was good with a camera. He flew around and took pictures of visiting politicians...staged photos, of course...no yucky stuff.

Vietnam was a crappy situation all around. My age group just missed that draft but many older brothers of my friends were either worried about being drafted or were drafted.

My dad was there. He was actually rejected by the army and wanted to serve so bad, he joined the navy (they took him without a problem).

I honestly don't blame anyone who didn't want to serve or even admit they served. I knew a friend's dad who threw away the medals he recieved -- something that just appalled my grandparents (ww2 era).

What I do hate are people who make excuses.

It was a fucked up war, just admit it and move on -- be honest about it -- but don't make lame excuses.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post