Donglegate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Donglegate
Lets put this as nice and short as possible:
Adria Richards makes a dick joke on twitter.
Quote:Adria Richards tweet on 13 Mar:
@skwashd you should put something in your pants next time...like a bunch of socks inside one...large...sock. TSA agent faint

A week or so later she was offended by a joke about dongles at a tech conference.
[Image: tweet-one1-348x470.jpg]

One of the guys was fired over her twitter post, but of course it wasn't over. PZ You're-either-with-us-or-you're-a-mysoginist Myers shows more of his idiocy.
Adria Richards did everything right

She was fired later.
Quote:Effective immediately, SendGrid has terminated the employment of Adria Richards. While we generally are sensitive and confidential with respect to employee matters, the situation has taken on a public nature. We have taken action that we believe is in the overall best interests of SendGrid, its employees, and our customers. As we continue to process the vast amount of information, we will post something more comprehensive.
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/21/breaki...wdmisis.99

Her blog post about this situation and her views on it.
http://butyoureagirl.com/14015/forking-a...onferences

My opinion on this can be summed up by a quote from skepticink's article.
Quote:In the end, Adria Richards did everything exactly wrong. She took an unauthorized photo, unnecessarily publicly shamed people, and failed to act professionally in her capacity as a technology evangelist. She did not speak out against sexism, do anything to help the technology community (which allegedly has an uncertain future that is threatened by a simple joke), or act as a positive role model for women.

Just to add, I find it funny that my female friends make more dick jokes than any males I know. While that isn't scientifically accurate evidence for the opinion of women on this matter, one friend of mine wanted me to include her opinion:
Quote:"Is this lady stupid?"

Sorry if this is the wrong section to put this in, and I used the search function and did not find any threads about this matter already.

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: Donglegate
That is so last month... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-04-2013, 07:23 PM
(12-04-2013 07:21 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That is so last month... Dodgy

I know... I am behind the times. Weeping

I just randomly came across it for the first time today.

Edit: I have no idea how I put this in the Politics section... O.o

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
12-04-2013, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 09:02 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Myers: "Firing one of the men over a brief incident of inappropriate behavior: totally inappropriate and excessive. That would only be reasonable if there were far more severe breaches of courtesy."

Yes, what an awful awful feminazi. Did you even read the article? His critique was on the online response to Richards (rape threats, death threats, etc).

You might get more play on one of those forums or blogs decreeing that Nazi Communist Women are on the verge of global takeover.
12-04-2013, 09:36 PM
I honestly stopped reading PZ a long time ago. End result is women can say whatever they want and men can't -- because they're evil, vile creatures without any self control.

End of story.

Now I'm sure I can expect thirty videos from thunderfoot taking up the cause.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

13-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Donglegate
Women don't have a sense of humor, the woman never thought that it might have been an attempt at a joke. She thought that the comment was meant for and directed towards her. Typical....
13-04-2013, 05:06 PM
(13-04-2013 05:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Women don't have a sense of humor, the woman never thought that it might have been an attempt at a joke. She thought that the comment was meant for and directed towards her. Typical....

I bet if she was a Commie she woulda laughed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-04-2013, 06:26 PM
(13-04-2013 05:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Women don't have a sense of humor, the woman never thought that it might have been an attempt at a joke. She thought that the comment was meant for and directed towards her. Typical....

Oh, goody, you just added 'sexist' to arrogant, argumentative, and confrontational. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-04-2013, 06:37 PM
(13-04-2013 06:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Oh, goody, you just added 'sexist' to arrogant, argumentative, and confrontational. Drinking Beverage

You give him far too much credit. He just comes up with whatever the most extreme response to anything he sees to try and be "cool and edgy" and Ato if you're wondering why older people dismiss teenagers opinions it's because of kids like I&I.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post