Doomsday claims first victims

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2012, 11:02 PM
'Christian Science Monitor':
Chinese Man Who Stabbed 23 Children Was Inspired By Mayan Doomsday Rumors, Authorities Claim

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Paci...sday-rumor

That's one way to fulfill a prophecy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2012, 11:02 PM
I hear China is thinking about banning knife ownership.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
19-12-2012, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 11:25 PM by Janus.)
RE: Doomsday claims first victims
(19-12-2012 11:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I hear China is thinking about banning knife ownership.

If they have as many mass stabbings as the US has mass shootings that would be understandable.
But they are of course apples and oranges. Difference is: households can't do without knives, whilst they can function pretty seamlessly without assault weapons. Millions of households can. But American households can't? Shows you how much they trust each other and their own society as a whole. Bunch of paranoids. Anyway, you ought to try it. You would be surprised. And pleasantly if you see the sharp decline in mass shootings.
[+] 4 users Like Janus's post
19-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Note that every single stabbed victim survived.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
19-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Wait what?! (ーー; )

So stabbing the kids helps them how? It's not like by killing them now you save their souls or anything.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
20-12-2012, 04:16 AM

And here I was JUST talking about how hard it is to go on a stabbing massacre...
OH, in my defense none of them died, which I suppose supports tighter gun laws and what I was saying about guns v knives.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
20-12-2012, 05:11 AM
So it's better to be mutilated as child and live with the scars and trauma and resulting mental issues than to be taken out in a second without ever knowing?

As the child, I'd want to be taken out.

As the parent, I'd want the kid to live, of course.

Whether it's a gun or a knife or whatever, IMO it's the same issue, whether people actually exit or whether they suffer for a long life.

The issue is not the means, the issue is that people with severe brain defects of one kind or another continue to be thrown into the streets instead of being treated.

And if it keeps increasing in frequency it may be a kind of evolutionary response to overpopulation.

It's what rats do in crowded cages....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
20-12-2012, 06:29 AM
(19-12-2012 11:02 PM)Janus Wrote:  'Christian Science Monitor':
Chinese Man Who Stabbed 23 Children Was Inspired By Mayan Doomsday Rumors, Authorities Claim

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Paci...sday-rumor

That's one way to fulfill a prophecy.

Ah, proof positive that you don't need automatic weapons to kill over 20 kids.
20-12-2012, 07:17 AM
(20-12-2012 05:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  So it's better to be mutilated as child and live with the scars and trauma and resulting mental issues than to be taken out in a second without ever knowing?

As the child, I'd want to be taken out.

As the parent, I'd want the kid to live, of course.

Whether it's a gun or a knife or whatever, IMO it's the same issue, whether people actually exit or whether they suffer for a long life.

The issue is not the means, the issue is that people with severe brain defects of one kind or another continue to be thrown into the streets instead of being treated.

And if it keeps increasing in frequency it may be a kind of evolutionary response to overpopulation.

It's what rats do in crowded cages....

^^^This. All of this.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-12-2012, 07:49 AM
(20-12-2012 05:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  As the child, I'd want to be taken out.
The desire for life is too strong. I'm not sure everyone, esp. someone who has barely had a chance to live yet, would agree that no life is better than life with trauma. We are a species of survivors and can overcome a lot (not saying anyone should have to overcome such a thing, just saying that many would still choose life).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."