Door Knocking.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Door Knocking.
Last Sunday I door knocked for the first time ever for the Greens, relevant to our forthcoming state election.
Of interest was the fact that round 50% of the homes had signage warning visitors...
"no canavassers, sales people, door knockers etc" --'knock and we'll kill ya'.
In general the few who would engage in some discussion held littleconcern when it came to social issues 'What issues'? ...such as climate change, family violence, public transport, health, education, over development, and other arguably very important matters.
Such apathy. It was all rather depressing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: Door Knocking.
(24-11-2014 01:11 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Last Sunday I door knocked for the first time ever for the Greens, relevant to our forthcoming state election.
Of interest was the fact that round 50% of the homes had signage warning visitors...
"no canavassers, sales people, door knockers etc" --'knock and we'll kill ya'.
In general the few who would engage in some discussion held littleconcern when it came to social issues 'What issues'? ...such as climate change, family violence, public transport, health, education, over development, and other arguably very important matters.
Such apathy. It was all rather depressing.

I can understand why people would put up the classic "No doorknockers etc." signs up. They are annoying, after all. Plus it's a little difficult to have a discussion with somebody who has such a clear agenda.

I can also understand the apathy; how much important shit actually seems to be done? Unless you watch the ABC all the time or something, you probably aren't even remotely aware of the constant bickering in politics, and hell if you do that's probably the biggest source of apathy toward politics.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Mr Woof, you've lived on this planet for some years now, I would think that you knew how fucking retarded the world is.

The world doesn't give a shit about anything outside their circle of friends gossip, the game on the weekend, obtaining sexual intercourse and consuming alcohol.

If everyone in the world was like people from this forum, we would have conquered the universe by now.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-11-2014, 04:47 PM
(24-11-2014 04:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Mr Woof, you've lived on this planet for some years now, I would think that you knew how fucking retarded the world is.

The world doesn't give a shit about anything outside their circle of friends gossip, the game on the weekend, obtaining sexual intercourse and consuming alcohol.

If everyone in the world was like people from this forum, we would have conquered the universe by now.

I know! I know! But we have to keep trying.............within reason.
24-11-2014, 05:23 PM
I have a 'No Soliciting' on the front door. Sometimes I wish it weren't necessary because I am always happy to help kids out with fundraisers and such. However, the number of religion peddlers has made it a necessity. My other option would be to take chalk or spray paint and put a giant pentagram in front of the door.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-11-2014, 05:27 PM
(24-11-2014 05:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a 'No Soliciting' on the front door. Sometimes I wish it weren't necessary because I am always happy to help kids out with fundraisers and such. However, the number of religion peddlers has made it a necessity. My other option would be to take chalk or spray paint and put a giant pentagram in front of the door.

Go with the pentagram. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 05:37 PM
(24-11-2014 05:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a 'No Soliciting' on the front door. Sometimes I wish it weren't necessary because I am always happy to help kids out with fundraisers and such. However, the number of religion peddlers has made it a necessity. My other option would be to take chalk or spray paint and put a giant pentagram in front of the door.

Police tape, a chalk outline of a body, and toss some religious pamphlets in the ground. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I want to do something like this when I'm a homeowner again. [Image: wei-doorknocker.jpg]

But the pentagram would be awesome:
[Image: stock-photo-pentagram-knocker-on-a-woode...139298.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
24-11-2014, 05:42 PM
This cartoon has been on my fridge for years. Maybe I should get my son-in-law (the sign maker) to make a big one for me to hang on the front door.

[Image: 055-psychological-warfare.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
24-11-2014, 09:08 PM
(24-11-2014 05:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Police tape, a chalk outline of a body, and toss some religious pamphlets in the ground. Drinking Beverage

That's preschool son.

Blood pentagram (points for real blood) with dead goat that has been had its insides disemboweled all over the ground in the shape of an upside-down cross and the number 666.

bonus points: replace goat for a baby

[Image: oscar.png]