Doorbell rings on a Saturday morning ...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-03-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Doorbell rings on a Saturday morning ...
They have all stopped coming here. I think my rather elaborate Halloween decorations keep them scared off all year. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-03-2016, 12:45 PM
(12-03-2016 09:55 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 09:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  Why Mormons and not others?

Me, I won't talk to any of them.Tongue

The Mormons will come in and talk. The others mostly want to invite you to their home field advantage and have more "educated" leaders teach you the way. These door-to-door peddlers aren't equipped to convert, but the Mormons have a script.
Several times I have engaged JWs in a give and take conversation and they always end up by saying hey will look into my questions and get back to me. That is my cue. "My questions?" I say, "You have that backwards you came knocking on my door with questions. If i knock on your door with questions it will be different, but I am not the one with questions."
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
12-03-2016, 01:37 PM
I had some awhile back, just told them I'm not interested. Two guys. One looked a little offended at my manner. I'm going to get a Baphomet poster and keep it where the wife won't see it. She's still nominally Catholic. I'd love to see the look on the proselytizer's faces when I pull the poster out and say "Hail SATAN!" Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Fantastic job Willhopp. I love hearing stories like this.

In the future I plan on saying "You do realize that you worship the creator of all your problems and then pray to him to stop causing you problems. Pick a side. Your god is very confused."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
12-03-2016, 08:22 PM
(12-03-2016 08:00 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Fantastic job Willhopp. I love hearing stories like this.

In the future I plan on saying "You do realize that you worship the creator of all your problems and then pray to him to stop causing you problems. Pick a side. Your god is very confused."

Brilliant!!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
12-03-2016, 08:46 PM
(12-03-2016 12:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They have all stopped coming here. I think my rather elaborate Halloween decorations keep them scared off all year. Tongue

Show us some pics, if you haven't already. I seem to recall a thread about this? But I'm too lazy to go look atm. When I was still nominally a Catholic, the priest didn't want people showing up for Hallowe'en stuff at the church dressed as witches or devils/demons. My wife went one year as a black cat. She had a really nice tail.
13-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Ya gotta be polite. Offer a beer. Perhaps a cigar. Maybe some oral sex.

It's important to show atheism in a good light...................

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-03-2016, 08:08 AM
(12-03-2016 08:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 12:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They have all stopped coming here. I think my rather elaborate Halloween decorations keep them scared off all year. Tongue

Show us some pics, if you haven't already. I seem to recall a thread about this? But I'm too lazy to go look atm. When I was still nominally a Catholic, the priest didn't want people showing up for Hallowe'en stuff at the church dressed as witches or devils/demons. My wife went one year as a black cat. She had a really nice tail.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...tume-ideas

post 2

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-03-2016, 08:14 AM
(12-03-2016 09:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You should have chased them around your property with a lightsaber Wink

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2016, 02:39 PM
I've never yet had anyone knock on my door for anything... I live in too shitty of an area xD