Doorbell rings on a Saturday morning ...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-03-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: Doorbell rings on a Saturday morning ...
(13-03-2016 02:39 PM)Llamaswithkatanas Wrote:  I've never yet had anyone knock on my door for anything... I live in too shitty of an area xD

If they ever do show up, answer the door in your boxers! Shy
When they ask, "do you know jeebus?", look at em like they're crazy Blink & say

"Yeah! He's right inside! We're drinkin some o dat holy wine! Come on in; they'z plenty juice to go 'round!" Evil_monster

They won't come back. Laugh out load

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
13-03-2016, 03:10 PM
(12-03-2016 12:45 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 09:55 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  The Mormons will come in and talk. The others mostly want to invite you to their home field advantage and have more "educated" leaders teach you the way. These door-to-door peddlers aren't equipped to convert, but the Mormons have a script.
Several times I have engaged JWs in a give and take conversation and they always end up by saying hey will look into my questions and get back to me. That is my cue. "My questions?" I say, "You have that backwards you came knocking on my door with questions. If i knock on your door with questions it will be different, but I am not the one with questions."

That's a real good point. They come knocking and somehow they think it is we, the atheists who must justify our position to them. It's the other way around. If they ever come again I'll be sure to point this out to them. After all I don't seek to talk to them and I'm not asking them to agree with me. But in the past it has always been me put on the spot to justify my non-belief. When I first became an atheist I might have had a hard time answering their many questions but now I'm armed and ready for them. "I'm not asking you to agree with me", I think is the perfect way to take the wind right out of their sails.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post
13-03-2016, 04:27 PM
(13-03-2016 08:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 08:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Show us some pics, if you haven't already. I seem to recall a thread about this? But I'm too lazy to go look atm. When I was still nominally a Catholic, the priest didn't want people showing up for Hallowe'en stuff at the church dressed as witches or devils/demons. My wife went one year as a black cat. She had a really nice tail.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...tume-ideas

post 2

Cool.
13-03-2016, 05:15 PM
They never visit me anymore. I think word got out. After 3 decades debating them I am over it.

I have converted two cathylicker priests in my day and quite a few regulars. Especially after I qualified as a pastor. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-03-2016, 06:39 PM
We've been getting a few end of the world pamphlets in the mail. They have all kinds of big quotes from the Babble indicating how the world is fur sure coming to an end. Um. Yeah.

My husband is directing a production of Jesus Christ Superstar. He paid for the rights to produce this production and a couple of weeks after that we started getting these dumb pamphlets. I wonder if one had anything to do with the other. Kinda weird if it did.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-03-2016, 07:16 PM
(12-03-2016 08:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My wife went one year as a black cat. She had a really nice tail.
She *had* a nice tail? Better not let her see your post.
13-03-2016, 07:16 PM
I bet the casting call for the part of jesus was wicked.

"OK, give me your best Jesus"
-"I don't think you understand. I am Jesus. I've come back."

"Not really convincing....NEXT"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
13-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Thank goodness for security systems.
I wouldn't be surprised if our building has some sort of alarm for JWs/Mormons/snake oil people.
"evacuate .... evacuate"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-03-2016, 08:01 PM
(13-03-2016 07:16 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I bet the casting call for the part of jesus was wicked.

"OK, give me your best Jesus"
-"I don't think you understand. I am Jesus. I've come back."

"Not really convincing....NEXT"

My husband is casting a black woman to play Judas. She's over 6 feet tall and a force to be reckoned with but there is a clause written by the people who have the rights to Jesus Christ Superstar that Judas must be played by a male. My husband going to slip it past them somehow. He didn't know they require casting roles a certain way. I think Jesus has been played by a black actor/singer in productions but hubby is taking it a step further.

Sorry. Off topic.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-03-2016, 03:02 PM
(12-03-2016 09:32 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Who could that be? Yep, a little old lady with a cane, a pamphlet and some bad advice just rang my doorbell. I'm currently wearing my evolution shirt with Darth Vadar atop the food chain. So when I opened the door she asked, "Are you going to be with me in paradise?" I smiled and pointed to my shirt and said, "Do you see this, do you know what this is?"

She and her female partner both said they know what it is but forget the name of it. I said it means evolution, do you believe in it?

They both said no in unison. I said "You have stepped onto the property of an atheist, do you still want to chat because I'd love to."

They said no and took back the invitation pamphlet they had wedged into my doorway. The old lady said, "You gotta believe in something I guess. I just hope you change your mind because it's about your life and afterlife with Jesus." At that point she reached out and offered her hand to shake.

I shook her hand and while holding it said, "I hope you change your mind because this is the only life you get and time is running out for you. Please don't fall down on my property as you leave. Come back to chat any time."

I am always cordial and calm with these people but this was the first time I actually engaged more than just telling them I'm an atheist and have a nice day. I seriously would have had them come in to chat if they wanted to but they weren't Mormons so that just won't happen.

The last time some Mormons came to my door they asked "Do you want to now what happens after you die?" and I was like "Sure, I'd love to." and then went on to explain about Heaven and Jesus and whatnot and I said "Wow! Great! So, what is the scientific research that can verify this?" They said it's all about faith, just read the pamphlet, etc. and I was like "Oh, so you really have no idea what happens, you're just guessing based on an old book? Well I think I can guess what happens after we die too but I don't go around people's houses telling them about it." I told them to come back once they have proof, I was nice about it but seriously you think you really know the answers to the big questions yet you have no proof, what's the point?

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post