Dose anyone Play Minecraft?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2015, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 05:10 PM by Octapulse.)
RE: Dose anyone Play Minecraft?
I play the mobile version for Android. Doesn't nearly have as much as the full version, but still fun as hell. I'm currently building an underwater city sealed off by glass with extensive tunnels going through the earth

[Image: Screenshot_2015-10-11-19-08-09.png]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2015, 05:59 PM
My kids play modded versions through the technic launcher and have much fun with it. I think they are playing mostly lucky dog and tekkit legends at the moment.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2015, 07:54 PM
(11-10-2015 05:59 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  My kids play modded versions through the technic launcher and have much fun with it. I think they are playing mostly lucky dog and tekkit legends at the moment.

Technic is pretty good. Personally, I like Feed the Beast. It is super easy to enable/disable mods and get texture packs, and it also allows you to easily add other mods that don't come in the pack.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
12-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Here's a library I just created for my new city

[Image: Screenshot_2015-10-12-16-46-19.png]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
13-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Here are a couple from an old world of mine. This was not done on creative, I don't use it.

This is a setup where lubricant is made by grinding up canola seeds. It took a while to work the transmission out to be able to get all 3 grinders to run on one power source.
[Image: 20150107_193644_zpstj7ykbsi.jpg]

This is a nuclear reactor to generate deuterium and tritium by irradiating and then electrolyzing water. It is capable of 4.5 GW of output. The electrolizers are on the lower left. That electrolizes the heavy water stored in the reservoir under the floor into deuterium gas which is then irradiated into tritium and some deuterium is also taken for storage. This was for a tokamak that I was building.
[Image: 20150327_223426_zpstxh6sd3l.jpg]

This is a shot of the cooling ponds for the high level nuclear waste. There are some bluish barrels on the right of center than hold the low level waste.
[Image: 20150327_223458_zpskljflkxj.jpg]

This is a shot of the main reactor core that does the steam generation and irradiating of the materials.
[Image: 20150327_223554_zpsnmkdggz7.jpg]

This is under the reactor floor. The water input after the pressurizers. The stuff in the pipe that looks greenish is the tritium.
[Image: 20150327_223647_zpscvzydivp.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
13-10-2015, 07:45 AM
My daughters play it continuously. My youngest, age 9, plays Pixelmon exclusively. My oldest, age 12, has her own server. Not sure what all games, mods, etc. she has running on it. Mostly she just likes being in charge. She has also played around with creating her own mods. Her best one is a smores mod. All the blocks are graham crackers, marshmellows or chocolate. When you hit the marshmellows with the flaming sword, they get toasted. The chocolate melts. It is pretty funny.

Anyway, if I knew it, I give you her server name. However, it is only up when she wants to play. She hosts a giant skype call with all her friends, many of them she met playing on public servers. Mostly they stand around in game staring at each other, occasionally gesturing whilst talking via skype. It is really just the virtual equivalent of a bunch of girls hanging out and talking, maybe building a new building of some sort. They let a few boys on every once in a while and challenge them to duels, but since my daughter has given all her girl friends super powers the boys usually get beat up and leave. Smile

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
13-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Most of the people I've talked to reacted the same way. They ether used to play it. or have kids that play it. I got my wife to play and she's usually a hard sell on video games. We're building a medieval village with a large white castle on the peak of a mountain. Underneath I've built a dungeon from one of my first D&D campaigns.

There's no real story per se. The game is whatever you make of it. Creating you own goals.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
16-10-2015, 09:37 AM
I've been playing FTB Infinity for a while, but after upgrading my GPU (from a Geforce 440 to a Radeon R9 380) the framerate dropped to unplayable levels (around 10-15), even on a new world (I'm not shocked that the two 40+ story Minefactory reloaded+Magical Crops+Harvestcraft farming towers I built were too much for it, though), even though my PC is sufficient to run pretty much all games at high settings. I'd still gladly play it if I could get it to run normally, but I guess bad performance is the curse of Java.
16-10-2015, 09:54 AM
I just finished this Tony Stark inspired pad:

[Image: Screenshot_2015-10-16-11-52-13.png]

16-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Dose anyone Play Minecraft?
My wife and I play it together. We'll go through phases where we play and then don't play. I have a server running on a box in our spare room.

It's a fun game, lots of creative stuff to do.

Recently we started an NPC village by curing some NPC zombies. Now there's enough of them that we have a golem. We've got two different villages that we've expanded quite nicely. One on each side of our nether portals. Sometimes my cousin or sister join us, too.

It's a really fun game!