Dose anyone Play Minecraft?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2015, 10:20 AM
RE: Dose anyone Play Minecraft?
I've dabbled in Minecraft, but never really cared enough to spend any time constructing anything.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2015, 02:39 PM
(16-10-2015 10:14 AM)kineo Wrote:  My wife and I play it together. We'll go through phases where we play and then don't play. I have a server running on a box in our spare room.

It's a fun game, lots of creative stuff to do.

Recently we started an NPC village by curing some NPC zombies. Now there's enough of them that we have a golem. We've got two different villages that we've expanded quite nicely. One on each side of our nether portals. Sometimes my cousin or sister join us, too.

It's a really fun game!

Wait you can cure Zombies?! I haven't ran into any towns in my exploration. That could be helpful.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
16-10-2015, 02:51 PM
(16-10-2015 02:39 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 10:14 AM)kineo Wrote:  My wife and I play it together. We'll go through phases where we play and then don't play. I have a server running on a box in our spare room.

It's a fun game, lots of creative stuff to do.

Recently we started an NPC village by curing some NPC zombies. Now there's enough of them that we have a golem. We've got two different villages that we've expanded quite nicely. One on each side of our nether portals. Sometimes my cousin or sister join us, too.

It's a really fun game!

Wait you can cure Zombies?! I haven't ran into any towns in my exploration. That could be helpful.
Only some Zombies. In the new version they are much easier to identify as a zombie villager. So depending on with version you use it's the mono-brow zombies that are villagers. The cure is, if I remember right, to throw a weakness potion at them and the feed them an golden apple. This will instigate the curing which will take some time. So make sure they are trapped and isolated in a shady spot until they are cured.
16-10-2015, 04:24 PM
I love minecraft
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-10-2015, 07:29 PM
My 9-year-old is totally addicted to it. I got him a Minecraft Creeper backpack for his birthday (and start of school), at the beginning of last month. He has half Minecraft clothes, even shoes! Yeah, he loves it... anything that has a lot of zombies in it, he loves.

I tried to play it with him, but most if it was so far over my head, as he tried to explain everything at once. Honestly, it's just not my speed of game. I got him hooked on Neverwinter Nights because of the zombies, though, an old favorite of mine.

Latest thing is that he and his momma play Terraria together.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-10-2015, 08:47 PM
I used to, but...quite frankly the game gives me the creeps. Like, really, I always played on Peaceful Mode, and I was still paranoid all the time and afraid to leave my house. The emptiness gave me this sense that something, I had no idea what, would just show up out of nowhere. It kind of got worse and worse the longer I played (at first I was fine), and eventually I just stopped.

This has been "Reasons Why CleverUsername is a Wimp". Yes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
16-10-2015, 10:31 PM
(16-10-2015 09:37 AM)Naridar Wrote:  I've been playing FTB Infinity for a while, but after upgrading my GPU (from a Geforce 440 to a Radeon R9 380) the framerate dropped to unplayable levels (around 10-15), even on a new world (I'm not shocked that the two 40+ story Minefactory reloaded+Magical Crops+Harvestcraft farming towers I built were too much for it, though), even though my PC is sufficient to run pretty much all games at high settings. I'd still gladly play it if I could get it to run normally, but I guess bad performance is the curse of Java.

I have the same problem. MC 1.7 is unplayable with any mods but 1.6 and 1.8 are fine. I do get lag but I am staring to get the suspicion that I have some malware on my PC that the virus scan is missing. It says that I have 40FPS but it is choppy at times and my memory is only about 60-70% of the allocated. I can't completely figure out why but I didn't used to have the problem when I was playing a Direwolf server last year. Not sure if it is because the server was offsite and I was logging in or what. The forums aren't helpful.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-10-2015, 10:33 PM
(16-10-2015 08:47 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I used to, but...quite frankly the game gives me the creeps. Like, really, I always played on Peaceful Mode, and I was still paranoid all the time and afraid to leave my house. The emptiness gave me this sense that something, I had no idea what, would just show up out of nowhere. It kind of got worse and worse the longer I played (at first I was fine), and eventually I just stopped.

This has been "Reasons Why CleverUsername is a Wimp". Yes

I know what you're saying. Those fucking creepers are simply terrifying. That is why I use Rei's minimap with the radar. As long as you are looking, you know what is around you.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
22-10-2015, 02:34 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin