Dota 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Dota 2
anyone in the beta or who wants to play add me on steam. my user name is the same as the one i use here.

also general dota discussion

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2012, 07:03 AM
RE: Dota 2
so how about that LoL, eh Leela?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
18-12-2012, 12:49 PM
lol... k... one month later I answer Big Grin sorry for that Big Grin

I didn't have dota until yesterday. Logisch gave me a copy he had.
I watched a very good newbie guide for dota 2 on youtube. Everything was really well explained.
So I went and played my first bot-game. I set it on easy, I still kept dieing like crazy.

I very much a newbie there so probably some settings can be changed but:
- I hate that I have to drag the screen where I am all the time instead of the screen following me automatically or at least having the option to have the screen following me automatically. So most of the time I am busy putting the screen where I am or want to go.
- The minimap is confusing. I have no clue whatsoever who is on my team and who isn't.
- That tree eating thing is a good idea but I am simply too dumb to do that quickly when I need it.
- The announcing voice is not heroic enough!
- Dota is not LoL
- There are too many fucking shops! The fuck... Where the fucking fuck is "Secret Shop"???
- That horse thing is a cool idea but I am unable to make it buy me stuff real quick, i am also unable to react fast enough to buy stuff before I die.
- Losing gold when you die is probably the fucking stupidest idea ever!
- The fact that you can actually die between two of your intact towers because they are so far apart and the jungle has entry/exit points between is also very stupid.
- all in all the progress seems very slow
- 25 levels? seriously?

I tried to play once, I left the game after 28 minutes, completely annoyed > good this was a bot game!

Like I should be able to die less in that game as I know LoL which is practially the same thing, but instead I die like a fucking noob.... How frustrating is that!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Oh and btw, if anyone wants to add the noob. I am CptLoneStarr on Steam

18-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Anyone that wants to buy Dota 2 for $5 - PM me.
19-12-2012, 04:28 AM
I tried Dota again yesterday. This time I simply set the bots on passive so I can learn the controls and so on. Helped me a lot, and I did not die, and I had the horsething bring me stuff! And wow it looks awesome when you win, like that thing is being freaking ripped out of the earth! wooh haha.
I played that archer. Forgot the name but I am not sure I will play that hero when I play against people, because he pretty much has only 2 spells that can be used, and probably the only one I'd use in a real game would be the silencing.
I'll try that venomthing again. that thing that looks like an ugly monster and you can spit venom with it.

19-12-2012, 09:16 AM
(19-12-2012 04:28 AM)Leela Wrote:  I tried Dota again yesterday. This time I simply set the bots on passive so I can learn the controls and so on. Helped me a lot, and I did not die, and I had the horsething bring me stuff! And wow it looks awesome when you win, like that thing is being freaking ripped out of the earth! wooh haha.
I played that archer. Forgot the name but I am not sure I will play that hero when I play against people, because he pretty much has only 2 spells that can be used, and probably the only one I'd use in a real game would be the silencing.
I'll try that venomthing again. that thing that looks like an ugly monster and you can spit venom with it.
Drow Ranger and Venomancer(or Viper)! Big Grin
I played Dota 1 for some time, usually using support heroes such as Lich and Crystal Maiden. Quite hard to get used to Dota 2's controls Sad I still prefer Dota 1 for now, at least I can see better what I'm doing.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
19-12-2012, 11:08 AM
thanks robotworld.
yes the controls are kind of ugly, I have to say that. I still prefer LoL, but we'll see ... maybe once I get used to Dota2 controls... who knows...

19-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Logisch took the time to play a botgame with me.
We actually won, no idea what setting it was though, because we had human team for us and a bot team as enemy... no clue

19-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Holy shit people here play dota!!!!

hanyway add me on dat steam as always my name is xinoftruden.

I am actually quite good at this one but I spend a lot of my time playing on friends accounts because my comp cant render the graphics in the game. However I do have massive game knowledge and understanding and can play almost any hero well.

Also right now I can only play saturday to tuesday. hokay

happy farmin

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.