Double standards for teachers caught having sex with students

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Double standards for teachers caught having sex with students
I dated a college professor while in college. It was exciting! Tongue (We were both adults)

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-08-2017, 02:39 PM
(18-08-2017 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  I dated a college professor while in college. It was exciting! Tongue (We were both adults)

That's sorta how I passed algebra 2

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-08-2017, 05:34 PM
I think it's a little too easy to dismiss how much emotion is attached to male adolescent sexuality. In high school I lost my virginity to beautiful cheerleader. I was completely overwhelmed with lust and love and pride and incredible attraction. I'm glad I had all those feelings for someone who was a peer and an intellectual equal. I don't think one of my teachers could appreciate what I was going through like she could. A teacher could understand it intellectually but it had to be a girl from school, in my same station in life, to understand it instinctually. A teacher would have been experiencing the dynamic from a different place with an entirely different set of concerns. I remember my first very fondly decades later. If it had been a teacher I think there would be a grotesque quality to the memory.
18-08-2017, 05:51 PM
I truly think I could have recovered from the trauma. Quite easily, really.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
18-08-2017, 06:59 PM
(18-08-2017 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  I dated a college professor while in college. It was exciting! Tongue (We were both adults)

Psychic twins for the win! Me, too! (I hope not the same guy--mine was an economics prof at Northwestern) My prof was associated with my dorm, though I didn't take any classes with him. I had a bit of an authority complex--seduce, absorb knowledge, abandon--at that time. Most of my boyfriends were 10-20 years older than me for years. My relationship with the professor didn't violate any kind of ethics rules, but I was definitely getting a zing out of it that had nothing to do with the actual guy and more to do with I'm dating a professor!. He was an accomplished and interesting person, though.

More in the zone of abuse was the college band director, married, who had a crush on me. He took me out to lunch a few times--until I spent one of those lunches honestly critiquing his conducting skills.

My high school band director, who was just 12 years older than me, married not one, but TWO seniors. First senior he married was a senior when I was a freshman. They divorced. Second senior he married was a senior when I was a senior. Neither was a band student. Both were singers, so they were in the music complex a lot. Within the rules, since both were 18-19 at the time of the marriage, but it all felt wrong.

I agree with the OP that there's somewhat of a Mrs. Robinson double standard when the older teacher abusing their position is female and the sex object is male. Females should be subject to the same censure and penalties as males.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
18-08-2017, 07:11 PM
(18-08-2017 06:59 PM)julep Wrote:  

Psychic twins for the win! Me, too! (I hope not the same guy--mine was an economics prof at Northwestern) My prof was associated with my dorm, though I didn't take any classes with him. I had a bit of an authority complex--seduce, absorb knowledge, abandon--at that time. Most of my boyfriends were 10-20 years older than me for years. My relationship with the professor didn't violate any kind of ethics rules, but I was definitely getting a zing out of it that had nothing to do with the actual guy and more to do with I'm dating a professor!. He was an accomplished and interesting person, though.

More in the zone of abuse was the college band director, married, who had a crush on me. He took me out to lunch a few times--until I spent one of those lunches honestly critiquing his conducting skills.

My high school band director, who was just 12 years older than me, married not one, but TWO seniors. First senior he married was a senior when I was a freshman. They divorced. Second senior he married was a senior when I was a senior. Neither was a band student. Both were singers, so they were in the music complex a lot. Within the rules, since both were 18-19 at the time of the marriage, but it all felt wrong.

I agree with the OP that there's somewhat of a Mrs. Robinson double standard when the older teacher abusing their position is female and the sex object is male. Females should be subject to the same censure and penalties as males.

I had no idea what the rules were, didn't even check. I'm 5'10" - for my generation female that's very tall. Most guys were shorter than me, but the Prof was 6 feet tall and single. So he had that going for him, plus the sex was outstanding. It was mostly just sex, every time we met we couldn't wait. We'd meet at a restaurant and leave before even ordering. It was really nuts, and I think the forbidden factor added a lot of spice.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-08-2017, 07:13 PM
(18-08-2017 05:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I truly think I could have recovered from the trauma. Quite easily, really.

Did you fall in love with your first fuck?
18-08-2017, 08:47 PM
(18-08-2017 02:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 11:59 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  It also makes me wonder why we're hearing more and more about these particular stories of women teachers with male students lately. Was this always a thing that just went unreported and now because of social media and the boys bragging, the teachers are getting caught?

Just curious for other opinions!

Honestly I think for years women really got a pass on this. It's not that it didn't happen, but that it just wasn't reported because the "victim" was a boy -- and there is that "atta boy" attitude. That's changed. Our mindset has changed I guess.

I agree--there has been a double standard. It's a double standard that cuts both ways-- lenient treatment of women abusers with lots of benefit of the doubt, and immediate conviction by public opinion of any male merely accused of the same behavior. The stereotype is all men rape, and all women are victims.

As you say, this is just starting to get covered more because I think some have started noticing that double standard. But it is still unlikely any story of a female abusing a male will ever make big headlines. Instapundit is a conservative/libertarian blogger I read, and he has a meme "teach women not to rape" where links to these stories to highlight that double standard. You will find hundreds of these sorts of stories, none of which have garnered much public attention.
20-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Yes, there is a huge double standard, though it is slowly being addressed. To see it illustrated better just look at the reaction to male teachers who get involved with male students. No more "atta boy!" attitude.

With teachers the problem goes beyond the age of consent. The potential for grooming, intentional or not, is enormous and the conflicts of interest are staggering. It's an abuse of trust and the sort of ethical nightmare that you avoid if at all possible.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
20-08-2017, 08:58 PM
(18-08-2017 07:13 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 05:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I truly think I could have recovered from the trauma. Quite easily, really.

Did you fall in love with your first fuck?

That would have been my hand. And yes. I'm still quite attached to it.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!