Doubt Thread in a Group I'm In

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 01:17 AM
RE: Doubt Thread in a Group I'm In
(12-11-2016 06:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  SitaSky, oh come on, an earthquake in an area prone to them? What are the odds of that? Tongue

RS, well put as always good sir. Sorry to be so cranky about it, the Father Pavone desecration has me hopping mad and short tempered, as do Traditionalist Catholics who are now whining at me about how persecuted they are, because Pope Francis called them "rigid". Just, not much of it seems very helpful to me, though better with you pointing out the silver linings as it were. Also feeling a bit under the weather the past few days (not just election fatigue either), and a former classmate from high school overdosed the other day. Edit: And then I don't have any room to talk obviously, because I didn't offer them any advice.

Hope you feel better, brother. Try not to take too much of it to heart; it's not your job to stop the church members from committing individual atrocities, even if they're at or near the top of the hierarchy... only to call them out when you see them. People will listen to your arguments or they won't. All you can do is try to make them as clearly and cogently as possible.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Thanks man! Trying not to blow up over on the Catholic phorum I moderate on at the continued persecution-whining Traddies.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Doubts are the first step into reality.
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
13-11-2016, 05:51 PM
I am currently in the hospital being cared for by science. Not in church praying. Were I to do that I would be dead.

Your entire religion is a lie. I know it's history intimately.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post
13-11-2016, 09:01 PM
What I don't get is why people think GOD couldn't cause an earthquake either instantly or destined it a seeming eternity ago.

Omniscient omnipotent creator of existence can most assuredly cause an earthquake for whatever reason it might seem fit.

Is there evidence for coincidence's and change yet?

Peace
13-11-2016, 09:06 PM
(13-11-2016 09:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What I don't get is why people think GOD couldn't cause an earthquake either instantly or destined it a seeming eternity ago.

Omniscient omnipotent creator of existence can most assuredly cause an earthquake for whatever reason it might seem fit.

Peace

Is there evidence of any gods yet?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-11-2016, 09:13 PM
(13-11-2016 09:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 09:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What I don't get is why people think GOD couldn't cause an earthquake either instantly or destined it a seeming eternity ago.

Peace

Is there evidence of any gods yet?
Only for those who honestly seek and don't limit existence to what can be physically tested my minute limited minds, understandings, and resources.

Y'all kill me with that "any" shit too.

Peace
14-11-2016, 07:28 AM
Oh goodie, the whackjob is back...

(13-11-2016 09:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Only for those who honestly seek

That bullshit is simply insulting to the many atheists who came from theism and honestly tried, some for many years, to find god. It is arrogant and demeaning.

Quote:and don't limit existence to what can be physically tested my minute limited minds, understandings, and resources.

If it can't be tested and examined and understood then it can't be believed by rational minds. Faith allows you to believe anything and that is NOT a path to truth.

Quote:Y'all kill me with that "any" shit too.

Then provide some evidence that isn't fallacy-ridden horseshit.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
14-11-2016, 08:10 AM
(14-11-2016 07:28 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Oh goodie, the whackjob is back...

(13-11-2016 09:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Only for those who honestly seek

That bullshit is simply insulting to the many atheists who came from theism and honestly tried, some for many years, to find god. It is arrogant and demeaning.

Quote:and don't limit existence to what can be physically tested my minute limited minds, understandings, and resources.

If it can't be tested and examined and understood then it can't be believed by rational minds. Faith allows you to believe anything and that is NOT a path to truth.

Quote:Y'all kill me with that "any" shit too.

Then provide some evidence that isn't fallacy-ridden horseshit.
People can sincerely look in the wrong place and still not find what they are looking for. It is not a fault of those who may have sincerely sought, that they were lead astray. Thankfully those here who fall into that category were evidently able to distinguish what is right from what is idle fancy to some extent. This is a good thing and not an insult. Thinking that the possibility of GOD is necessarily not true because man can be seen to be wrong just isn't intellectually honest.
14-11-2016, 10:03 AM
(14-11-2016 08:10 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  People can sincerely look in the wrong place and still not find what they are looking for. It is not a fault of those who may have sincerely sought, that they were lead astray.

The point is that an actual god would not that they were honestly seeking and would guide them to the right path.

Quote: Thankfully those here who fall into that category were evidently able to distinguish what is right from what is idle fancy to some extent.

Something you are apparently incapable of doing.

Quote:Thinking that the possibility of GOD is necessarily not true because man can be seen to be wrong just isn't intellectually honest.

Where have I said that "the possibility of god is necessarily not true"? Either your abysmal reading comprehension strikes again or you are too dense to understand that "I do not believe X" and "I believe not-X" are distinct statements or you are simply lying. Which is it?

Please explain how something that can't be tested can be distinguished from something that is merely imagined? I'll wait.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP