Doubt Thread in a Group I'm In

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Doubt Thread in a Group I'm In
(16-11-2016 08:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 01:16 PM)unfogged Wrote:  No, you just restated the definition of imaginary.

Yes, we've been over your cherry-picked versions of scripture repeatedly. None of that is an objective test of the existence of the god that you believe in.

That's simply a load of crap. There is absolutely nothing in any of what you claim that isn't common in religious claims that abound in the culture.

Again, that's a load of crap. You had an experience and you have decided that you know what caused that experience. How do we test that conclusion? How do we distinguish between something that actually exists and something you imagined exists? I'm not asking if you are convinced that you did not imagine it, I'm asking how that conclusion can be verified.
Proving the validity of my personal experience shouldn't be your aim. If you want to test what I say then compare it to the religious or spiritual writings of any group throughout history. See if what I "preach" is actually verified in some way. How would anyone test the words of another to see if an experience happened in the way they said? A lie detector test? What else? You can't check a past experience of that nature, but you can check the truthfulness of ones words compared to their actions, and you can check to see if their words are actually truthful when pertaining to other testable mediums.

I have to tell you, Pops, I'm a really happy that you pound in nails better than you push jebus. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2016, 10:33 PM
(16-11-2016 09:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 08:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Proving the validity of my personal experience shouldn't be your aim. If you want to test what I say then compare it to the religious or spiritual writings of any group throughout history. See if what I "preach" is actually verified in some way. How would anyone test the words of another to see if an experience happened in the way they said? A lie detector test? What else? You can't check a past experience of that nature, but you can check the truthfulness of ones words compared to their actions, and you can check to see if their words are actually truthful when pertaining to other testable mediums.

I have to tell you, Pops, I'm a really happy that you pound in nails better than you push jebus. Yes

Honestly, I think we need to get a new Credulity Man.

I much prefer the ones who claim to have had a "personal experience" with alien abduction and anal probing.

They're much more adamant about being certain it was real and not just in their heads. Or butts, as the case may be.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
17-11-2016, 01:43 AM
(16-11-2016 12:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Omniscient omnipotent creator of existence can...butter my bread. Now i have buttered bread here on my table. Is that proof of god?

Something omniscient omnipotent can do anything or choose to do nothing at all, thus anything that happened cant be evidence for this specific something. Drinking Beverage
Once again; didn't say it was evidence, but it cannot be ruled out

...so cant purple pixies.
but wait...before we rule out (or not) the possibility that purple pixies did...something, how about we demonstrate first that they exist? Makes things much less complicated, you know. After all it would be silly to discuss what purple pixies are doing or not, or how they are doing things, if we find out later that they dont exist, right?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
17-11-2016, 04:34 AM
(17-11-2016 01:43 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Once again; didn't say it was evidence, but it cannot be ruled out

...so cant purple pixies.
but wait...before we rule out (or not) the possibility that purple pixies did...something, how about we demonstrate first that they exist? Makes things much less complicated, you know. After all it would be silly to discuss what purple pixies are doing or not, or how they are doing things, if we find out later that they dont exist, right?

Have you taken into account all the people who have had personal experiences with those invisible (to the rest of us) purple pixies?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-11-2016, 06:23 AM
(16-11-2016 08:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Proving the validity of my personal experience shouldn't be your aim.

It isn't. I don't give a fuck about your "personal experience". The question is why you aren't trying to prove that it was caused by the god that you are claiming did it. Your experience is not the issue. Your interpretation of it is, especially when you come here to tell us all about it and imply that we should simply accept your word that you are correct.

Quote:If you want to test what I say then compare it to the religious or spiritual writings of any group throughout history. See if what I "preach" is actually verified in some way.

That would not be a test of the validity of your claim. I would actually be surprised if I couldn't find similar examples of anything you came up with. That would be entirely expected because (a) people are very similar in many ways and have many similar thought patterns and (b) you were exposed to many religious references just growing up in the culture (even if you weren't actively paying attention).

Your whole "I knew nothing at all about scripture and yet I match it perfectly" shtick is just worthless no matter how you try to present it. I do not believe it is a credible claim and even if I did it doesn't provide a shred of evidence about what caused your "experience".

Quote:How would anyone test the words of another to see if an experience happened in the way they said? A lie detector test? What else? You can't check a past experience of that nature, but you can check the truthfulness of ones words compared to their actions, and you can check to see if their words are actually truthful when pertaining to other testable mediums.

Please try to get it through your head. I AM NOT QUESTIONING THE EXPERIENCE; I AM QUESTIONING WHAT YOU SAY CAUSED IT. You just thinking about it over the years and convincing your self it had to be a god shows only that you integrate a lot of fallacy into your thinking.

We can't say that a god would give you these thoughts because we have no information on what a god actually does or wants. We know that many people have claimed to have gotten similar thoughts from a god but that isn't evidence. Adding claims that each have a worth of zero results in a net sum of zero.

I'll try asking it a different way.... How can anybody differentiate between a real cause that can't be examined or tested and an imagined cause?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-11-2016, 06:25 AM
(17-11-2016 04:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(17-11-2016 01:43 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ...so cant purple pixies.

Have you taken into account all the people who have had personal experiences with those invisible (to the rest of us) purple pixies?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-11-2016, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 06:17 PM by popsthebuilder.)
Unlogged,

Again with the little games. If you aren't trying to verify my experience then why would you even attempt to verify its source. You must first believe on some level to even want to inquire on the cause. What don't you get about first; I didn't imagine or surmise that the experience was from GOD after or during the actual experience. It wasn't a thing I put thought into. It came from outside of my own thought processes instantly. Why do you think the epiphany had such an instantaneous prolific effect? Because I just connected some dots? Again; if you cant even get past this then why bother to inquire on the source of it?
I do not imply that any should just take my word for anything whatsoever and you know it. More attempted deceit on your part.

Saying my experience should be similar to others claimed experiences with GOD or the spiritual because people thought processes are the same is more denial of the spiritual. I don't expect you to accept spiritual things as real, but I do expect that you at least see your bias that is caused by your immediate negation of any explanation that refers to something not physically proven or provable.

What religious reference would we have been around? More specifically which ones would I have witnessed on any level that equate to utter peaceable unity of life as a whole? Come-on think about it; Christians don't go around speaking about such, nor Islam, Judaism, none of them....not openly as most don't even realize these things. So what other religions would I have gathered these things from while not interacting with the religious around me (Christians by the way).

Do you get sore from stretching so much. They say it's good warm-up though.

I never said or insinuated that I match scripture perfectly. More manipulation.

Get it through your head; if I was questioned about the cause of my experiences and the experiences themselves while hooked to a lie detector test then the truthfulness of my statements would be evident. That's as good as it can get as far as testing with current readily available technology. If I could take you back in time and set you in the passenger seat while it had happened then you might not even notice anything odd except for the radio so how can we test it?
Your criteria for testing aren't available.

I did not convince myself, but actually pondered and contemplated from all conceivable angles.

We have no information on what GOD wants or desires of us is a false statement. You not accepting things isn't the same as them not being readily available. There's that bias again.

Claims that have implications towards all life have a value. More bias.

I'll answer again; one knows when they are lying or making shit up; especially when aware of self deception which you know I preach. As far as another individual knowing my words or claims to be the truth; they cannot, and must sincerely inquire within their own life/experience/ perspective.

Why do you think I always "preach" these things?

Peace
18-11-2016, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 05:49 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Man, this thread got a bit heavy for this part of the forum. Sorry about that!

And one would have thought I had gone to the "dark side" as the joke went on the first page, on the plane on the way down here to conference. I always take whatever book out that I'll read before getting on the plane, that way the duffel can go straight into the overhead bin. I got some...interesting...looks from the people in the seats next to me with "From Apostle to Apostate" sitting on the tray table when the water was served.
==

Edit: May leave that group, it's driving me nuts.

Person: is reading thrillers a sin? you contaminate your mind?

Reply: Yes it is, 'cuz you'll be getting entertained by sinful stories and that's pretty much like showing a thumb up to sin -- agreeing a sin is a mortal sin. You don't wanna waste your 20$ on a shitty sinful book -- instead of that, your christian heart wants you to use those 20$ wisely; for example charity?

Another reply: Don't be a puritan, it's not objectively sinful.

Another example from initial reply guy: You can delete me, I don't really care. A person asked if getting entertained by sin, is a sin and I answered to it. This cuck called me a puritan, judged me and questioned my faith. I'm Kastrati and our whole history is based on crusades and protecting Catholic Churches. My uncle sat 20 years in prison for preaching Jesus during communism. Would you deny Jesus if you were threathened by 20 years jailtime? You probably would. Kick me out or not, I don't simply give two fucks about this group nor about the hypocrites here. Jesus didn't make compromises on the cross and neither will I even though I'm just another sinner who's looking for forgiveness. This group is full of '' catholics '' who make compromises with liberalistic logic and call me a puritan whenever I quote Bible or call them out whenever they agree with sin. Majority voted for the death of Christ, kick me out all you want, you hypocrites and keep repeating nonsense words to air before going to sleep and living in your fantasy dreams. Smh, calling me a puritan? Fucking dickhead.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user