"Doubters are small-minded..."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 04:05 PM
"Doubters are small-minded..."
As a general rule...I keep my opinions about religion soley on my own Facebook page. I will "Share" an image, article or status. I will "Like" an atheistic image, article, or status.

Friends can post whatever they want praising God or Jesus and I'll roll my eyes and leave it be. Unless they post it on MY page, then it's fair game.

However, a friend of a friend (who I don't particularly like to begin with) posted something today that irked me and I broke my general rule not to respond. But it's not the first time this person has referred to doubters and non-believers as "small-minded."

In my opinion, the initial post (an image posted by my friend) is like comparing apples and oranges. Comparing something that can be seen, touched and measured (a brain) in some capacity to something that can not (God). Which was eye-roll worthy. The responses by her friend had me gritting my teeth. (See below.)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: "Doubters are small-minded..."
That though I would agree with you. They are passing up all logic for what argument they are saying. That you can't see it though it can still exisit. Ok that's fine, but let's not forget the fact that there are other factors that go into showing that things exist.

UGH..... I really think that alot of Mainstream christians really just believe in it cause they're too stupid to learn anything else....

I keep my opinions to my self too, I may do that on my own facebook, but I don't ever go attack others. That I agree was fair game though since it was completely insulting...
22-08-2012, 04:47 PM
(22-08-2012 04:05 PM)jinun Wrote:  As a general rule...I keep my opinions about religion soley on my own Facebook page. I will "Share" an image, article or status. I will "Like" an atheistic image, article, or status.

Friends can post whatever they want praising God or Jesus and I'll roll my eyes and leave it be. Unless they post it on MY page, then it's fair game.

However, a friend of a friend (who I don't particularly like to begin with) posted something today that irked me and I broke my general rule not to respond. But it's not the first time this person has referred to doubters and non-believers as "small-minded."

In my opinion, the initial post (an image posted by my friend) is like comparing apples and oranges. Comparing something that can be seen, touched and measured (a brain) in some capacity to something that can not (God). Which was eye-roll worthy. The responses by her friend had me gritting my teeth. (See below.)

Faith is faith and scientific facts are what the claim to be...scientific facts.

Don't let people put you down, or simply ignore them.
Welcome to the group.....Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
22-08-2012, 04:58 PM
You know, I almost wish that I knew some of these people, or had some people like that in my life, it'd give me something to do!...

(insert long pause here)

although, I must admit, I have a propensity toward anger when faced with overwhelming ignorance and retardation... Maybe it's not a good idea to get involved with this particular thread past here... Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-08-2012, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 05:58 PM by fstratzero.)
Neurosurgeons everywhere are face palming!

Anybody with the most rudimentary understanding of brain surgery knows that both conditions can be me with ones own brain.
[Image: 3233.jpg]
[Image: DrHouseFacepalm.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
22-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Bitches be crazy.

I mean toss out all the factors that go into making those things real... Toss out cutting opening a dead person head, toss out the window a brain scan, toss out the window the fact we can feel air, toss out the fact we can hear thunder, yip toss alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll that shit out the window because the fact worth noting is if we can see it or not..
Can't see God, can't see air, air exists hence God must exist. That is by far the worst argument I have ever herd.

Please, please for the love of God, rip this bitch a new asshole.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-08-2012, 08:55 PM
They're so cute when they think they're clever, aren't they? Most of my friends on FB are Christians however I usually ignore their updates. (Since they ignored my update on my Uncle's cancer)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
22-08-2012, 09:07 PM
(22-08-2012 08:55 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  They're so cute when they think they're clever, aren't they? Most of my friends on FB are Christians however I usually ignore their updates. (Since they ignored my update on my Uncle's cancer)

Those bastards! Censored

So what's the belated occasion, my condolences or congratulations? If it's at all appropriate for me to say either? (Not to pry of course, or to side track the thread)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-08-2012, 09:10 PM
(22-08-2012 09:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 08:55 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  They're so cute when they think they're clever, aren't they? Most of my friends on FB are Christians however I usually ignore their updates. (Since they ignored my update on my Uncle's cancer)

Those bastards! Censored

So what's the belated occasion, my condolences or congratulations? If it's at all appropriate for me to say either? (Not to pry of course, or to side track the thread)

It's not fatal, but he still has it. He's doing better since he's gotten done with all of his surgery.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
22-08-2012, 09:17 PM
(22-08-2012 09:10 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 09:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Those bastards! Censored

It's not fatal, but he still has it. He's doing better since he's gotten done with all of his surgery.

So half 'N Half?

Good to know either way, one of my relatives is in a similar position.