Douchebag With a Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Douchebag With a Bible
There were some Bible thumpers at my college today. They were standing at heavy traffic areas and handing out free pocket sized editions of the New Testament. When I passed the first few of them I just ignored them. But the last guy I saw seemed to be determined to have me take one. I politely told him no the first few times he asked, but he kept on going. When I told him, "Fuck off, I'm an atheist." He got a shocked look on his face and told me he'd pray for me. I told him I'd think for him Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bird's post
19-05-2011, 12:40 PM

RE: Douchebag With a Bible
Take the book, rip out a few pages, blow your nose on them and say "Thank you". How ever I wouldn't do this in the south on fear of lynching.
19-05-2011, 12:45 PM
(19-05-2011 11:36 AM)bird Wrote:  He got a shocked look on his face and told me he'd pray for me. I told him I'd think for him Smile

WIN! Big Grin

(But I don't think he got the message)

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2011, 12:54 PM

(19-05-2011 11:36 AM)bird Wrote:  There were some Bible thumpers at my college today. They were standing at heavy traffic areas and handing out free pocket sized editions of the New Testament. When I passed the first few of them I just ignored them. But the last guy I saw seemed to be determined to have me take one. I politely told him no the first few times he asked, but he kept on going. When I told him, "Fuck off, I'm an atheist." He got a shocked look on his face and told me he'd pray for me. I told him I'd think for him Smile
Good for you. Smile
I'm surprised these people could be on private College property, and not be asked to be removed.
Next time, or even if they're still on campus, you might consider calling 911 and reporting a group of trespassers harassing students, at __________________<their location. Then hang out for awhile and see what happens.

I use to work a food cart in downtown many years ago. Perfect job. Fresh air, suntan, cash under the table. When not serving customers, I read to my hearts content.
In the course of working two seasons I can't count how many people took one look at me and for some reason thought my soul was damned. They'd pass by and I guess they ventured to their car, because they'd come back with a little red cover NT.
The thing is, if their god is everywhere and loves me, why did he damn me in the womb until I found him and asked he stop that! After I was born?
And if he's omnibenevolent, why did he create Hell? And if he's a forgiving god, why didn't he forgive Eve so we wouldn't have to go through this?

These are questions you could always bounce off the sheep, while hanging out waiting to see if the cops introduce them to Exodus...the sequel. Tongue
19-05-2011, 01:04 PM
These same yahoos would come to U of Tenn at Chatt's campus and hold up signs with long lists of people who were going to hell and other groups would pass out these bibles. Since it was a state university they could do that but the benefits of going to a private school now are that they have to stay on the fringes and yell...much easier to avoid now Smile

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-05-2011, 01:23 PM
There's a man known as The Oval Preacher at Ohio State, who just hangs out at the Oval (or the proverbial "Quad" ... grassy area... frisbees being tossed and suntans being achieved). It's just a guy who shouts bible verses to students walking by and condemns gays. And yet he's been there since at least 2001 (he may be homeless/insane) and OSU doesn't seem to mind.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
19-05-2011, 01:23 PM
(19-05-2011 01:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  There's a man known as The Oval Preacher at Ohio State, who just hangs out at the Oval (or the proverbial "Quad" ... grassy area... frisbees being tossed and suntans being achieved). It's just a guy who shouts bible verses to students walking by and condemns gays. And yet he's been there since at least 2001 (he may be homeless/insane) and OSU doesn't seem to mind.

Public campus, so what can they do?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-05-2011, 01:44 PM

(19-05-2011 01:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(19-05-2011 01:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  There's a man known as The Oval Preacher at Ohio State, who just hangs out at the Oval (or the proverbial "Quad" ... grassy area... frisbees being tossed and suntans being achieved). It's just a guy who shouts bible verses to students walking by and condemns gays. And yet he's been there since at least 2001 (he may be homeless/insane) and OSU doesn't seem to mind.

Public campus, so what can they do?

Public campus? It's private property of some sort.
One could always check their Student Handbook.
See if there's something like this to use as a means to try to stop this.

(SUNY University Policies)

BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL
ACTIVITIES ON CAMPUS,
DISTRIBUTION OF PRINTED INFORMATION.

(sic) ...Harassment or intimidation of members of the campus
community by persons selling goods or services or proselytizing
points of view or cause may require the removal of individuals
from University property in accordance with the rules of
maintaining public order. (Source/quick view)
19-05-2011, 09:14 PM
perhaps "fuck off" wasnt the most prudent response...

"It takes a smart man to know when he's being stupid." ~~Barney Rubble
19-05-2011, 10:21 PM

I go to Eastern Washington University, so loonies like this can come and go whenever they please. The WBC was here last fall. I held back so much from just beating the shit out of them.