Douglas Murray

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Douglas Murray
Since Hitch's death a few years ago I have been keeping my eyes peeled for someone with his guts and eloquence. I like Sam Harris but being a Brit I was looking for someone over here, so someone who would have exposure over here on our media which isn't the case with Sam unfortunately.

I think I have found that person in Douglas Murray. I have seem him recently on a few Political shows and my ears pricked and I thought...ooo I think I've found my new Hitch. His delivery is somewhat less...err...punchy than Hitch but he speaks truths many won't. Here's a talk he gave a few years and in the couple of years since this talk culminating in Paris the other week I think this talk is very relevant:

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
10-12-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: Douglas Murray
There is no one like Hitch, but Douglas is quite eloquent and has excellent communication skills. The one thing about his talk, is that I see problems, but he doesn't quite suggest solutions. I mean, are magazines are going to stop muslims from out-reproducing the Dutch and becoming a majority?
11-12-2015, 03:56 AM
RE: Douglas Murray
(10-12-2015 08:54 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  There is no one like Hitch, but Douglas is quite eloquent and has excellent communication skills. The one thing about his talk, is that I see problems, but he doesn't quite suggest solutions. I mean, are magazines are going to stop muslims from out-reproducing the Dutch and becoming a majority?

There's 'the Pen is mightier than the sword' view but the pen, unfortunately, is also slower than the sword.

What I do like is that he is at least saying it, many aren't and it think that's due to fear. Islam is a very touchy religion and people are treading on eggshells around it. Bad move...very bad move.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post