Down To The Old Pub Instead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2011, 10:16 AM

Down To The Old Pub Instead
I just heard stephen Lynch for the first time last night, one of the funniest guys I have heard in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skc8QJ05S...re=related
Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2011, 10:19 AM
RE: Down To The Old Pub Instead
So you pick the song about menstruation?

You need more cow bell =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2011, 10:31 AM

(22-05-2011 10:19 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  So you pick the song about menstruation?

You need more cow bell =p

I thought it was very funny, every one of his songs are offensive to someone..
22-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm not offended by it just playing along. Thought you'd get the cow bell joke from his first album. Also, "Jim Henson's Dead" is a rather non-offensive song by Stephen Lynch.

To me the better chauvinist song is "for the ladies" which is actually about abortion techniques men can use to avoid children =p

Sorry that you thought I was being offended, I think he has great music.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I saw him in concert about 5 years ago. I don't know if he's still making songs. I like "If I were Gay"

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
22-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I haven't really followed his more recent work. Obviously I like Hermaphrodite =p The most recent song of his I've heard is the Halloween song.

22-05-2011, 10:48 AM

(22-05-2011 10:37 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm not offended by it just playing along. Thought you'd get the cow bell joke from his first album. Also, "Jim Henson's Dead" is a rather non-offensive song by Stephen Lynch.

To me the better chauvinist song is "for the ladies" which is actually about abortion techniques men can use to avoid children =p

Sorry that you thought I was being offended, I think he has great music.

No worries. I feel stupid that I had never heard of him before.
22-05-2011, 10:57 AM
If you would like to know the song of his which most offends me, it's actually "little Asian man" =p

It's not a horribly offensive song but I have a preference towards Asians.

Most people would probably most dislike the song "cold to the touch".

Hope if nothing else I'm giving you some songs to listen to.
The cow bell joke was part of a recurring skit with him doing a Christopher Walken voice. You can find it online as Walken 1, 2, and 3.

22-05-2011, 11:03 AM

(22-05-2011 10:57 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  If you would like to know the song of his which most offends me, it's actually "little Asian man" =p

It's not a horribly offensive song but I have a preference towards Asians.

Most people would probably most dislike the song "cold to the touch".

Hope if nothing else I'm giving you some songs to listen to.
The cow bell joke was part of a recurring skit with him doing a Christopher Walken voice. You can find it online as Walken 1, 2, and 3.

I think your right about "cold to the touch" That is some uncharted territory.
22-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm fine with the song but for most people that's beyond too far.