Down the Rabbit Hole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: Down the Rabbit Hole
So sorry you had to deal with all of that. Hug Like others have said you seem like a really cool guy, intelligent, well-spoken, great writer. So many awesome things that make up the Ato Smile I think the way to overcome some of this is to possibly to meet with a therapist who can help you process all of the things you have been through, which is a lot. And start working on validating yourself. People are friends with you and like you because you have a lot to offer a friendship. You don't owe them anything other than being you.

I hope you feel better soon.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-03-2016, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 06:18 PM by Anjele.)
I wish I knew some magic words that would heal your heart...but I don't...and no one else does either.

Many of us here think the world of you and we are concerned about you. You are a vital part of this forum. I know that's not a big help IRL but many are here if you need to talk.

The feeling of not being wanted and accepted is terribly hard and when it happens as a child it leaves deep wounds.

One of the most enjoyable conversations I have had with anyone was the interview we did. It felt so comfortable and easy. You and I are worlds apart on a lot of things but I think we have a great respect for one another. You are important to me, for what it's worth.

Take care of yourself...tend to your health and know that there are people in this world who do, and who will, accept you for who and what your are. Hang in there and let them find you.

Much love S. Much, much love.

Angie

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-03-2016, 06:10 PM
How cruel. These people aren't friends and you deserve so much better. :hugs:

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
07-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Hug

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
07-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Hug
07-03-2016, 10:11 PM
(07-03-2016 01:23 PM)kim Wrote:  ...
Quote:My health has taken a real downturn. I collapsed Friday while I was home alone and I lost feeling in my entire body, and I seriously thought that I was going to die. While I was recovering in the hospital...

What is going on with your health? What did the doctors say is going on with you?

There is one thing you are doing that you are able to change for the better. It seems the people you have referred to as "friends", are NOT.

Walking away from them and their drama, will help you take charge.

Again, what the actual fuck is going on with your health!? Heart

I don't feel comfortable answering those questions. I don't like talking about my health issues, to be honest. However, I will say that I am getting treatment and that I should be fine within a year or two at the most severe.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
07-03-2016, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 08:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Sounds like classic depression to me. Could be situational, could be chemical. You've dealt with a lot in the last few years. Being an "outsider" at school, can be easy. Either way, none of it is your "fault". Hopefully this time, or soon, you will hook up with a therapist/psychiatrist who can work out what's wrong, and assist in fixing it. It's too bad the people who thought they could help, were over-challenged by your intelligence. The answer is not "out there". You already have it, you just need to get to know you already have it. Hug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-03-2016, 10:44 AM
I'm so sorry man. And you were right to lash out at your friends. I hope you find better friends soon.
Sometimes people don't understand fully how doing things like that can effect a person.
You seem to me like a person who deserves a good friend.
15-03-2016, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2016 06:57 PM by carol.)
Steven, I am so sorry that you are going through this. Hug
I am sure that the people here on TTA who know you so much better than I do will give you lots of support...but if you ever want to PM me, here is the offer.
16-03-2016, 06:31 AM
I had to eat crow and apologize, but they still leave me alone. My friend got denied from his dream school, and I was not allowed to comfort him because the other friend was there and they didn't want friction. One of us had to be left out of being the role of friend, and they chose me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.