Down the Rabbit Hole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 03:31 AM
RE: Down the Rabbit Hole
(20-03-2016 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 03:26 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I don't exactly know. I know what I must do, I just don't know how. All the friends I make now are going to be lost to college or whatever.

How would you advise one of your friends (or even a stranger) if they raised the subject of making new friends?

I don't understand the question.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Hey! Do you have Skype?
20-03-2016, 03:39 AM
(20-03-2016 03:36 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hey! Do you have Skype?

As much as I am appreciative of the effort, I am simply not in the mood. i'm reading books.

20-03-2016, 03:41 AM
Hug
20-03-2016, 03:46 AM
(20-03-2016 03:41 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

I am going to be fine, my man. Just a little depressed.

20-03-2016, 03:59 AM
(20-03-2016 03:31 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  How would you advise one of your friends (or even a stranger) if they raised the subject of making new friends?

I don't understand the question.

You've analysed your current situation; you've identified at least one of the possible problems; you understand the implications... All you have to do now is... work out the next steps.

You say you don't know how to go about finding new friends. But I know you well enough to know that you could give great advice on that to anyone else in a similar situation.

20-03-2016, 04:07 AM
(20-03-2016 03:39 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 03:36 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hey! Do you have Skype?

As much as I am appreciative of the effort, I am simply not in the mood. i'm reading books.

Might I interest you in reading something like these?,

V

http://peebo-thulhu.deviantart.com/art/F...-104935984

http://peebo-thulhu.deviantart.com/art/Secrets-97713306

http://peebo-thulhu.deviantart.com/art/O...-105466242

Big Grin
20-03-2016, 04:51 AM
Sometimes when we feel so low and so powerless, the thought of suicide and ending our lives can seem like the only control we have left. The thoughts of what people may say and how they will act are when it is found out we are dead or when they enact our final wishes (funerals etc) cannot be seen when we are gone so to me they need to be said in the here and now.

You need to find peace within yourself, not with others approval or their companionship. I understand your empathy, that you have been through some shitty times and that you do not wish to replicate such circumstances for others especially when you have a part to play, so maybe you will take a little bit more hassle from others, maybe you will allow people to take that extra liberty with your feelings... because that is what life has shown you up to now. It is your choice if you carry on doing this or if you wish to look at certain aspects and become more guarded. The way I see it is you can never really 100% rely on anyone, so when they fuck up its of no real surprise.

Again.... I think you gotta find peace within yourself, I dunno how you do that but it's just what I "feel" when I read this thread.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
20-03-2016, 05:45 AM
I've as yet until now to respond to this thread. You told me in a PM it was a private matter. I respect that. However I have nothing to offer because you have given me nothing.

Mate, we care about you. Just as I found those here to care about me. Sure it sucks being a kid on your own. I've been there. Abused, nearly murdered, nearly raped.... Somehow we manage.

If you have collapsed there must be a serious physical reason. I just hope you are able to see a doctor. And are doing so.

I care, we care. Hug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-03-2016, 08:33 AM
(20-03-2016 02:37 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I've written a suicide note. It talks about my loneliness, my pain, and it talks about how I felt scared. The one thing I didn't want to happen during my fight for health was to be alone, and I ended up being alone. I needed my friends, but I didn't want them to be forced to come to my aide. I wanted them to come naturally.

Sadly, they were too busy once again to see my struggling to continue this fight. I've asked for people to hang out with me every single day, and they always have plans. Some of them don't respond. It feels like I am just someone that exists. I've lied to my friends, because I felt like I needed to. I told them that I had cut out everything that hurts. For the most part, that's true. However, I can't sleep, and the nights bring the pain with it. What's the point of fighting when no one is in your corner? I just came back from a late night walk, and I was severely tempted to just run into the woods, find a nice place and freeze to death.

I don't think I have the guts to do it, to end it, but I've thought about it so many times within the past few days that its become an escape, each death scenario more heartbreaking, more powerful than the last. Just now, I thought about dying in my sleep, and the reactions of people when they found out, and I can't find anybody in real life that would give a shit. Sure, people would cry, but they would cry at the death, not at the fact that they lost a person in their life.

I've talked to my parents about this, about all of it, and they have no idea what to do. They don't want the hassle of another son needing therapy. My dad refuses to think I am failure because he thinks I'm his last chance at raising a child "successfully."

I've stared death in the face, and now I am beginning to think of him as my only friend.

-Steven C.

People come and go throughout your life. Some are not worth your friendship, some you stay close to for a while even though you have gone down different paths, some die.

Life is all about change. Change is what makes you grow, it makes you stronger and stronger.

While you won't find many people talking about it, suicide is a friend to some of us. It means that there is always a way out if needed. That knowledge allows us to be stronger, more daring, and to enjoy more of life's pleasures.

It's not something to act on because today you just want to cry. No permanent solutions for temporary problems.

After a while, these "friends" will mean nothing to you. They are not worth the trouble, and most certainly don't require a permanent solution. They are a temporary irritant - you just learned an additional way that people can be assholes.

There are way more interesting people out there. People who are worthy of your interest.

The "friends" you talk about just happen to have crossed your path now. Many more people will cross your path, and some of them will rock. They make it all worthwhile.

So, you have studied the "big exit". That is fine, it can be a logical response. But it is not the logical choice now. Not for these reasons, not at this time.

Sit back and spoil yourself with whatever turns you on. Enjoy something. Living well is always the best revenge.

I thought about suicide first when I was 16. 50 years later, I am sitting here talking to you, and I am very content with my life. Knowing that there is an exit has allowed me to navigate some tricky situations, take risks and pursue my happiness.

I will likely still take that exit one day - when my body has worn out to the point of preventing my enjoyment of life. Until that time I have nothing to fear - and everything to gain.

Take your foray into thoughts of suicide for what it is - a logical evaluation of a possible solution. Don't ever act on it while you are emotional. You would miss out on so much - you have barely just started life. Stay rational, my friend!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man