Downton Abbey Final Season Starts Tonight!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Downton Abbey Final Season Starts Tonight!
Downton Abbey Episode 2! Countdown begins. Going to get some take-out, a glass of wine, and hope Matthew Goode is in this episode Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I set my alarm, as I'm painting and I don't want to forget. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
05-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Final episode of Downton Abbey tomorrow night Sad

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-03-2016, 03:16 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
05-03-2016, 04:35 PM
I know all good things must come to an end but ...

Weeping I can't believe I won't have this show to look forward to every week Weeping

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 3 users Like Reducetarian's post
05-03-2016, 05:17 PM
(05-03-2016 04:35 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  I know all good things must come to an end but ...

Weeping I can't believe I won't have this show to look forward to every week Weeping

Agreed and I have no interest in the new Mercy Street. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
07-03-2016, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 09:58 AM by Bucky Ball.)
So. Pop quiz.
What was used for Edith's wedding march ?

(I expected something was going to go wrong. I was wrong, fortunately, but I DID know her "husband to be" would reappear in the show last night. I figured they would fix that up. Very nice that her sister FINALLY did something for her. I can't place where I've seen the woman who played her husband's mother though, before. She looked familiar.

The Entrance of the Queen of Sheba, from Handel's "Solomon"

Done too fast for my taste, but not so bad.
At least it all turned out for her. Rolleyes

Anyone notice the accompanist who played for Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, in the awards show, preceding ? Blush

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-03-2016, 10:13 AM
I also thought things were kind of fast in terms of wrapping things up, but I did enjoy it. I'm so glad Edith is finally happy. I'm glad she told Bertie's mom about Marigold. I also loved her wedding dress.

I thought J. Fellowes did a really good job of wrapping up everyone's story lines. I did feel bad for Carson though because he loves being a butler--but I liked that he will still be working there in some capacity as manager. And I'm glad Barrow got to come back. I wish they found a love interest for him though.

07-03-2016, 11:00 AM
(07-03-2016 10:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I also thought things were kind of fast in terms of wrapping things up, but I did enjoy it. I'm so glad Edith is finally happy. I'm glad she told Bertie's mom about Marigold. I also loved her wedding dress.

I thought J. Fellowes did a really good job of wrapping up everyone's story lines. I did feel bad for Carson though because he loves being a butler--but I liked that he will still be working there in some capacity as manager. And I'm glad Barrow got to come back. I wish they found a love interest for him though.

Agree. It was a bit "contrived" the way it all worked out, so perfectly, so fast.
To me the most interesting parts though, were early on seasons when the Edwardian era was ending and the phone, and the car were coming in, and the contrast from pre-war to immediate post-war values were being presented.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Of course Maggie Smith got the last line. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post