Dr. Adam Zertal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
RE: Dr. Adam Zertal
(01-10-2010 09:13 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  But it's definitely worth a shot to try explaining! Big Grin

I hate to sound like an ass, but hey, it's what I do best so here goes! lol.

Is it really worth trying to explain to your dad? Really? From what we've heard about him, I suspect any explaination you give him will be futile. If that's true, is the unavoidable argument that follows your explaination really worth it. I just hate to see someone damage a relationship by having a futile argument. It's for you to decide whether he will be receptive to reason, but make the call with a clear head. Weigh out both the pros and cons before you do something that could deepen an already existing gap in your relationship. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, "to what end?" I ask that question alot, and it's helped me find peace when I could have found conflict. I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for what you believe, just pick your battles.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2010, 09:56 PM
RE: Dr. Adam Zertal
(01-10-2010 10:23 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(01-10-2010 09:13 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  But it's definitely worth a shot to try explaining! Big Grin

I hate to sound like an ass, but hey, it's what I do best so here goes! lol.

Is it really worth trying to explain to your dad? Really? From what we've heard about him, I suspect any explaination you give him will be futile. If that's true, is the unavoidable argument that follows your explaination really worth it. I just hate to see someone damage a relationship by having a futile argument. It's for you to decide whether he will be receptive to reason, but make the call with a clear head. Weigh out both the pros and cons before you do something that could deepen an already existing gap in your relationship. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, "to what end?" I ask that question alot, and it's helped me find peace when I could have found conflict. I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for what you believe, just pick your battles.

I guess I hadn't really considered this before, and I'm really glad you pointed it out. Especially after the last argument I had with him in which he used the same debunked material to try to convince me as the one before that, explaining probably really wouldn't help anything along.

In my mind I was saying "What have I got to lose?" without really thinking about that question. While I guess quantitatively the amount I have to lose is small, qualitatively I've got a lifetime relationship with my dad, who I love. Thanks for helping me stop and think about it!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply