Dr. Dino

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Dr. Dino
http://www.drdino.com/

Ok first question: Who thinks this site is hilarious?

Second question: is this real? Or is it like the Landover Baptist church (http://www.landoverbaptist.org/) and just a comedy site?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 01:17 AM
RE: Dr. Dino
1. I don't find this site hilarious, I find it sickening and a shame to the human species.

2. Yes it is real and that is why I find it sickening. What is that arrogant, immoral, semi-megalomaniac doing to the unhardened minds of children in his church?

3. This is exactly the reason we NEED atheist groups to spread the word of reason.

4. He will lead society back to the dark ages and you and I will be burned at the stake for disagreeing with him and his kind.
09-09-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm with No.J. This is sickening.

One particular gem on this site: Evolution “education” is poisoning our society, beginning with our youth. Believe it: There is research that verifies this statement. Charts illustrating data collected by Educational Research Analysts show a rise in child abuse, divorce rates, illegal drug use by youth, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), unmarried couples, unwed birth rates, and violent crimes. Declines in scores on the Scholastic Aptitude Tests (SATs) are also charted. All have happened since government began funding the teaching of evolution through textbooks in the late 1950s.

Charts are wonderful thing. On the COFSM site there is a wonderful chart that proves global warming is caused by the decline in the number of pirates.

I think the founders of this site should worry less about the education of children and worry more about the lack of education, and intelligence, in themselves. Maybe with a few classes then can grasp the not-so-subtle differences between "correlation" and "causation".

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Yes, it's real. It was created by Kent Hovind a while back.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
09-09-2010, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2010 07:24 AM by Germanatheist007.)
this is the site founded by convicted fraudster kent hovind and his son eric "i don´t understand evolution" hovind whom he passed his ignorance on

so no, they really mean that

PS: they even have their own youtube channel dedicated to spouting this crap, cseministry. It´s really worth watching, just hilarous(ly stupid)

EMO, because homo is not gay enoughTongue
09-09-2010, 09:30 AM

Hovind has got to be the stupidest "high school teacher" ever to exist. I am lucky to have the teachers that I have.
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM

I certainly find nothing very funny at the site, but I suppose I'm used to discovering garbage like this, because I'm not "sickened" by it either. The existence of a site being critical to evolution and espousing creationism is to be expected with regard to a topic where views are generally polarized. Having critics is always something of a blessing, albeit a mixed one - our critics force us to confront weaknesses and deficiencies in our arguments. In a healthy, free society, sites like this are to be expected. I may disagree strongly with these folks, but I'll support their right to say what they believe!
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Oh wow so it's real?

Ya I'm pretty sickened now.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Criticism is absolutely a good thing, but repeating the same already answered stuff and making sheet up is not good critisism. Already the name ''creation science evangelism'' tells almost everything about the site.

It's kinda sad that humankind knows so much about all kinds of stuff, but we're still arguing about god and creation. So primitive.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
09-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:Having critics is always something of a blessing, albeit a mixed one - our critics force us to confront weaknesses and deficiencies in our arguments.

Preposterous. These wingnuts are not your critics and you do yourself a disservice by giving them that much credence. Legitimate critiques of scientific work is both expected and welcome because it forces us to question what we think we've learned. This is not a critique of science.

What this reminds me of a horribly un-funny SNL skit with Tracy Morgan (yes, I'm aware that "horribly un-funny" and "Tracy Morgan" are synonyms and I could have just said Tracy Morgan and been done with it) called "Brian Fellow's Safari Planet". In the skit, Tracy Morgan plays a man with a 6th grade education with a TV show on animals. Experts come on the show to talk about things and the Tracy Morgan character can't understand what they are talking about and just yells "I'm Brian Fellows!" all the time (btw, your not losing any of the humor in reading my explanation the skit - there really is no humor in it. Tracy Morgan sucks). This website is just a man with a 6th grade education yelling the equivalent of "I'm Brian Fellows!". And, that is being kind.

It is not in any way a critique of science or the limitations of evolutionary theory. It's not even close.

Quote:In a healthy, free society, sites like this are to be expected. I may disagree strongly with these folks, but I'll support their right to say what they believe!

Their right to say what they believe is not even in question. However, just because they exercise their right doesn't mean they are right.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost