Dr. Itch's (idiotic) answers to Mathida's questions / boxing ring commentary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 07:01 AM
RE: Drich's (idiotic) answers to Mathida's questions / boxing ring commentary
(17-03-2014 02:26 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  There were so many points I wanted to respond to but had to ignore in order to focus on the main thrust of the argument. That strawman accusation was tempting though!

I admire your patience and calmness! Thumbsup

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
17-03-2014, 07:14 AM
(16-03-2014 06:05 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Computers run pretty much on pure logic (well, pumping charges through logic gates and getting outputs based on boolean algebra). It's quite possible Dirch's own posts literally broke his computer.

[Image: best-post-of-the-week-award.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 5 users Like WitchSabrina's post
17-03-2014, 07:18 AM
(17-03-2014 07:14 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 06:05 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Computers run pretty much on pure logic (well, pumping charges through logic gates and getting outputs based on boolean algebra). It's quite possible Dirch's own posts literally broke his computer.

[Image: best-post-of-the-week-award.jpg]

Since I posted that on a Sunday, we'll have to see if it holds up.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-03-2014, 09:41 AM
"It completely depends on the source, the claim and the experience.

Even with something like graviety, if your experience of it does not match the claim (what science says) then wouldn't you believe that 'science' may not have a complete understanding of it?" - Drich

Can someone please tell me what "graviety" is ?

I finally get it. He's TRYING to appear fucking stupid. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2014, 10:27 AM
(17-03-2014 09:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "It completely depends on the source, the claim and the experience.

Even with something like graviety, if your experience of it does not match the claim (what science says) then wouldn't you believe that 'science' may not have a complete understanding of it?" - Drich

Doesn't this cause you cognitive dissonance? You just can't accept that he really is fucking stupid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
17-03-2014, 09:32 PM
(17-03-2014 10:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 09:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "It completely depends on the source, the claim and the experience.

Doesn't this cause you cognitive dissonance? You just can't accept that he really is fucking stupid.

I've already come to terms and accepted the fact that Drich is a complete imbecile, and would have made a very tasty meal for a lion out on the plains of Africa had he even lived that long without killing himself with his own stupidity. Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-03-2014, 05:21 AM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid523138

Facepalm
19-03-2014, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2014 07:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-03-2014 05:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid523138

Facepalm

(19-03-2014 05:12 AM)Drich Wrote:  Only three wave lengths of light are visible to the unassisted human eye
The molar mass of oxygen is 32
Convective heat is transferred from one place to another through a fluidic transfer.
There is a God.
"Global climate change" is a product of solar out put/exposure, and not a taxable philosophy.

Etc...

Holy fuck-nuts...

The electromagnetic wavelength exists on a spectrum, so his first point is nonsensical. We generally see and represent colors as a mixture of three (RGB) or four (CMYK) separate colors, but they don't represent absolute and separate wavelengths (they all exist on a gradient). You can divide the visible light spectrum into as many units as your instruments can accurately measure it. Also, people with varying degrees of color blindness can't see even that much.

Oxygen, specifically O2, is more accurately represented with a molar mass of 31.9988g/mol (15.9994 x 2).

His bit about convection is essentially correct, but I'd be surprised if he did anymore more than just copied the bits from Wikipedia.

Wikipedia Wrote:Convective heat transfer, often referred to simply as convection, is the transfer of heat from one place to another by the movement of fluids.

Asserting a god exists (let alone his hyper specific, personal, subjective version of one) does not make it so.

And of course the icing on the cake is he's a climate change denier too, for fuck's sake... Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
19-03-2014, 07:38 AM
(19-03-2014 05:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid523138

Facepalm

Wow. He is even dimmer than I thought. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-03-2014, 07:48 AM
(19-03-2014 07:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Facepalm

Wow. He is even dimmer than I thought. Shocking

In 39 years I have never experienced an orgasm. But after reading that post I think I experienced the exact opposite of one. It hurt my brain.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post