Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
22-05-2014, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 05:35 PM by Jeremy E Walker.)
Dr. Ordway's lecture
Doctor of English literature gives a lecture on her journey to Christianity from atheism.

Batter my heart, three-person'd God, for you
As yet but knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend;
That I may rise and stand, o'erthrow me, and bend
Your force to break, blow, burn, and make me new. - John Donne
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
Well that didn't take long. What happened to staying with the Philosophy forum and boxing ring? Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 6 users Like Impulse's post
22-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Why would I want to waste my time watching a potentially informative video when I could be making bad/non arguments and wasting everyone else's time? Facepalm

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
22-05-2014, 05:53 PM
(20-05-2014 06:34 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Im not watching hours of youtube videos.

And here you are, trying to make us watch long YouTube videos. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Vosur's post
22-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Thank you, again, Mathilda Shy

(21-05-2014 05:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong. Obviously I can't tell them this outright as otherwise they might get a little upset but I am sure that once I point out to them that I am right and they are wrong and there need not be any debate on the subject that they will all convert to Gnostic Atheism. I expect some of them might call me a troll but that will just be a sign that they are losing the argument.

I am wondering about what strategy to employ. I am considering asking ambiguous questions that hint that they might be wrong and then when they ask for more information I ask them to define the terms that I used in my question. This way I can try to convince them that Christianity and Gnostic Atheism are actually very similar and that they're just slightly wrong in their beliefs and that it's just a short, simple step to becoming a Gnostic Atheist instead. I expect to get many converts like this.

I plan to sign up and initially tell them that I am only there to answer any questions that they might have, such as their biggest objection to 'On the origin of species'. Not that I have read it, in fact I am quite scientifically illiterate. This does not bother me though. I KNOW that Gnostic Atheism is true and that there is no god. I know this because I have a personal relationship with a non-existent entity.

It matters little that I did not arrive at this conclusion myself but was taught it from an early age before I had any chance to develop critical thinking skills. All I know is that I KNOW and therefore everyone else should know too.

If I can't make them see sense then I can only assume that they are angry at the Scientific Method and reject it because they have failed in their lives. If they ask for absolute proof that God does not exist then I will ask for absolute proof that he does. This will confound them and I do not expect them to ask a second time for proof of my claim. Failing that I will try to manipulate their own inherent fears, such as how they might be following the wrong branch of Christianity.

I plan on converting lots of Christians and in no way will I be doing this to point and laugh at them in order to make myself feel better about my own lack of agency.

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
22-05-2014, 06:12 PM
(22-05-2014 05:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Doctor of English literature gives a lecture on her journey to Christianity from atheism.

See my post on the Jennifer Ful--whatever her name is...thread.

Give it up Jeremy. Now where's that head banging emoticon...........ahhhhh here it is Bangin And I'll add this one for good measure....Frusty

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Ho hum.

So, out of millions and millions of atheists, two become delusional.

Your point?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
22-05-2014, 06:18 PM
yeah, I have the feeling this is not really gonna be worth my time really. I will listen to maybe the first 10 minutes or so. Thats it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
22-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Can you put in your own words what Dr. Oralsex says, and why we should find it compelling?

You refuse to view videos posted by anyone else. Why should we?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
22-05-2014, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 06:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-05-2014 05:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Doctor of English literature gives a lecture on her journey to Christianity from atheism.

Oh really?
The dishonest troll who tells us he can't be bothered to watch "hours of videos" expects us to watch his trash. Go fuck yourself Walker.
BTW, it doesn't matter *what* her doctorate is in. If it's not in Ancient Near Eastern History and Languages, or Culture, or History, or Comparative Religions,
your use of her degree is the Augumentum ad Vericundiam fallacy. SHE is no expert in religion or psychology, thus her opiniions on this subject have no more weight than anyone on the street, Nice try though. Get lost.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post