Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
23-05-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(22-05-2014 06:54 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a complete idiotic waste of time. I watched 14 minutes. When she referenced one of THE biggest idiots of ALL time as a "great lecturer" (Dr. Licona), i could watch no more. She obviously knows nothing about Psychology, and what it means when people say "I believe" this or that. She's a rank amateur in religion, and admits it. In fact I have VERY COMPELLING reasons to dismiss the bullshit of Christianity and all religions as utter nonsense, as do many here. So the idiotic video's premise doesn't even apply, Walker. Why are believers SO fucking intent on the subject of "apologetics". If they can get ONE other rational person to buy the bullshit, they feel less alone.

You're rather ignorant.

Oh, look at the xtard TROLOLOLOLO

Quote:Ignorant about several things. Chiefly, your ignorance of those who have throughout the centuries and even now have been and are Christians who were and are brilliant intellectuals and about as far from irrational as you can get.

UM you are ignorant of the fact that any one of us has access to far more information and education than all of them put together.

Quote:You seem to think that only irrational people believe in Jesus Christ. Are you that ignorant? Or do you say these things because you have nothing better to say?

OH, look -- The Courtier's Reply.

It IS irrational to believe in fairy tales. Too bad for you.

Go fuck yourself.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-05-2014, 09:42 AM
(22-05-2014 07:01 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I stopped watching at :21:06 when she mentioned WLC and his brilliant cosmological argument. (I guess she's never bothered to read the arguments against what he's said). I nearly stopped when she mentioned "Darwinism" -- I suppose we should refer to physics as Newtonism too?

I will say, I disagree with her definition of faith.

She was, by her own words, someone who just didn't care about religion and decided her life was meaningless.

Atheists don't volunteer their time, donate money and don't care about anything? We know that's bullshit.

Wow at 21 minutes into it she doesn't sound like a former atheist, she sounds like she was just a self-centered bitch -- who decided to dismiss any type of rational thought in favor of mythology.

Going further since she never really considered religion, It doesn't sound like she cared much one way or another....I'd say she was just another non-believer trying to sell yet another book...

Oh that's right in the first couple minutes she asked people to buy her book and told them the publisher.

I will debate you right now on the Kalam Cosmological argument in the boxing ring.

LOL, asshole, you abandoned -- FLED -- TWO debates on the Kalam in the Ring already.

Quote:You act like the Kalam Cosmological argument is a new kid on the block. It has been around for centuries and guess what? It is still here! Still being defended

More like Necroed.

Quote:and still being attacked

...REBUTTED. Because idiots like you think that if someone panders it and it goes unanswered, then it is somehow valid (which it's not).

Quote:by those who would rather think the universe just happened to pop into existence one day out of nothing, for nothing, and by nothing....

Strawman much?

Your superstition claims that your fairy tale monster MAGICKED the universe out of nothing.

Moron.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-05-2014, 10:08 AM
(22-05-2014 06:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 05:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Doctor of English literature gives a lecture on her journey to Christianity from atheism.
[Snip]

[Snip]

BTW, it doesn't matter *what* her doctorate is in. If it's not in Ancient Near Eastern History and Languages, or Culture, or History, or Comparative Religions,
your use of her degree is the Augumentum ad Vericundiam fallacy. SHE is no expert in religion or psychology, thus her opiniions on this subject have no more weight than anyone on the street, Nice try though. Get lost.

[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
23-05-2014, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 10:12 AM by rampant.a.i..)
Dr. Ordway's lecture
The only reason the KCA has been around for centuries is no one, out of thousands of thinkers, has been able to get the premises right, because it's an invalid syllogism.

They're just coming up with new ways to "hide" the presumptions in the premises.

It's also designed to vaguely show "an unmoved mover" of your choice, as demonstrated by it's original purpose of arguing for Allah, not Yahweh.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
23-05-2014, 10:36 AM
(23-05-2014 10:09 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  the KCA ... original purpose of arguing for Allah, not Yahweh.

I love when Christian apologists forget that the Kalam Cosmological Argument was, originally, "proof" of Allah, not Yahweh.

Wouldn't it be fun to get a Christian apologist and a Muslim apologist into a Kalam debate? They would go round and round and round...
C: It proves Yahweh!
M: No, it proves Allah!
C: Yahweh!
M: Allah!

Ad infinitum.

Until one of them declares a crusade or a jihad on the other one, which has, historically, been the only successful way these two ideologies settle their disagreements.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 6 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
23-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Seriously , why the hell this Jeremy asshole troll isn't banned ? The dude is destroying the dynamic of this site. This little fucker is spamming all threads. It's obvious this little fucker will not stop.Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
23-05-2014, 11:11 AM
(23-05-2014 10:53 AM)Leo Wrote:  Seriously , why the hell this Jeremy asshole troll isn't banned ? The dude is destroying the dynamic of this site. This little fucker is spamming all threads. It's obvious this little fucker will not stop.Dodgy

Please clarify what is meant by "the dynamic of this site". I'm intrigued.

Cheers.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
23-05-2014, 11:29 AM
(23-05-2014 10:53 AM)Leo Wrote:  Seriously , why the hell this Jeremy asshole troll isn't banned ? The dude is destroying the dynamic of this site. This little fucker is spamming all threads. It's obvious this little fucker will not stop.Dodgy

Actually, his thread spam adds to whatever dynamic this site has.

Look up the word dynamic.

The site thrives on discourse, debate, even argument. Jeremy is the the focus that polarizes the rest of us and sparks these debates.

Like it or not, that is very dynamic.

Besides which, this site doesn't ban people for just for being unlikeable douchebags, nor for disagreeing with us, nor for posting lots of posts.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
23-05-2014, 11:30 AM
What I'm seeing is people responding to Jeremy in all the threads . The actual topic in the threads is rarely discussed. This is not the members fault. Jeremy is spamming all threads mostly in the atheist and theist area with his bullshit. Playing with Jeremy is fun for a while . I played the game too but I think we have enough.
23-05-2014, 11:31 AM
(23-05-2014 07:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 07:47 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Christians are just delusional =/= good argument

Try again.

Said the idiot in whose thread the very posting of the video in question was an example of the Argument from Authority Fallacy.

How so?