Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
23-05-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(23-05-2014 11:29 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 10:53 AM)Leo Wrote:  Seriously , why the hell this Jeremy asshole troll isn't banned ? The dude is destroying the dynamic of this site. This little fucker is spamming all threads. It's obvious this little fucker will not stop.Dodgy

Actually, his thread spam adds to whatever dynamic this site has.

Look up the word dynamic.

The site thrives on discourse, debate, even argument. Jeremy is the the focus that polarizes the rest of us and sparks these debates.

Like it or not, that is very dynamic.

Besides which, this site doesn't ban people for just for being unlikeable douchebags, nor for disagreeing with us, nor for posting lots of posts.
I thought the point of the site is to discuss theist and atheism related topics . Most of the latest threads are going off topic most of the time because of Jeremy's spamming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 11:33 AM
(23-05-2014 10:09 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  The only reason the KCA has been around for centuries is no one, out of thousands of thinkers, has been able to get the premises right, because it's an invalid syllogism.

They're just coming up with new ways to "hide" the presumptions in the premises.

It's also designed to vaguely show "an unmoved mover" of your choice, as demonstrated by it's original purpose of arguing for Allah, not Yahweh.

How is it invalid?
23-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Dr. Ordway's lecture
(23-05-2014 11:33 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 10:09 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  The only reason the KCA has been around for centuries is no one, out of thousands of thinkers, has been able to get the premises right, because it's an invalid syllogism.

They're just coming up with new ways to "hide" the presumptions in the premises.

It's also designed to vaguely show "an unmoved mover" of your choice, as demonstrated by it's original purpose of arguing for Allah, not Yahweh.

How is it invalid?

You lost two debates defending it, and it has been explained to you multiple times in several threads why it's invalid.

Summary: it's circular reasoning.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
23-05-2014, 11:43 AM
(23-05-2014 11:33 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

How is it invalid?

Technically it's not. It's merely unsound. You should still remember why that was the case.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
23-05-2014, 11:56 AM
(23-05-2014 07:47 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Christians are just delusional =/= good argument

Try again.

Yabut, that's not what I said. I said that the specific christian in the video that you posted is delusional. She even admits herself, albeit not in those exact words.

Therefore any point you are trying to make by posting said video is not a good one. You are delusional if you think so.........and because you're a christian. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
23-05-2014, 11:59 AM
I hate nba players lying about their height. Most players are 1-2 inches shorter than their listed heights. Most players are listed as their height in shoes.Angry
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
23-05-2014, 12:01 PM
(23-05-2014 11:43 AM)John Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 11:33 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  How is it invalid?

Technically it's not. It's merely unsound. You should still remember why that was the case.

Why is it unsound?
23-05-2014, 12:02 PM
(23-05-2014 12:01 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 11:43 AM)John Wrote:  Technically it's not. It's merely unsound. You should still remember why that was the case.

Why is it unsound?

Because is not sound.
23-05-2014, 12:02 PM
(23-05-2014 12:01 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 11:43 AM)John Wrote:  Technically it's not. It's merely unsound. You should still remember why that was the case.

Why is it unsound?

In case you don't remember, you were unable to establish your premises as true.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post
23-05-2014, 12:03 PM
(23-05-2014 11:42 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 11:33 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  How is it invalid?

You lost two debates defending it, and it has been explained to you multiple times in several threads why it's invalid.

Summary: it's circular reasoning.

I could lose 1,000 debates defending it. That does not make the argument invalid.

Nor has anyone explained to me why it is invalid.