Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
22-05-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(22-05-2014 06:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:26 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Is there any other reason a Christian would be lurking around here?

Yes. The reason I mentioned a day or two ago.

I am here researching, learning, interacting, asking questions, you know the usual things people do who like to learn more about counter-perspectives.

Drinking Beverage

That's why you won't read evidence that contradicts your beliefs, or view videos that contradict your beliefs?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
22-05-2014, 06:46 PM
(22-05-2014 06:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Yes. The reason I mentioned a day or two ago.

I am here researching, learning, interacting, asking questions, you know the usual things people do who like to learn more about counter-perspectives.

Drinking Beverage

That's why you won't read evidence that contradicts your beliefs, or view videos that contradict your beliefs?

of course I will, and do.

I have spent the better part of my free time for the past year doing just that.

I would be willing to wager, if I were a wagering man, that I know more about atheism than you do.
22-05-2014, 06:48 PM
What a complete idiotic waste of time. I watched 14 minutes. When she referenced one of THE biggest idiots of ALL time as a "great lecturer" (Dr. Licona), i could watch no more. She obviously knows nothing about Psychology, and what it means when people say "I believe" this or that. She's a rank amateur in religion, and admits it. In fact I have VERY COMPELLING reasons to dismiss the bullshit of Christianity and all religions as utter nonsense, as do many here. So the idiotic video's premise doesn't even apply, Walker. Why are believers SO fucking intent on the subject of "apologetics". If they can get ONE other rational person to buy the bullshit, they feel less alone.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-05-2014, 06:49 PM
It also depends on what you mean by atheism. My dad considered anyone who didn't accept the bible an atheist. New born Christians even consider not being very religious atheism.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2014, 06:49 PM
(22-05-2014 06:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  That's why you won't read evidence that contradicts your beliefs, or view videos that contradict your beliefs?

of course I will, and do.

I would be willing to wager, if I were a wagering man, that I know more about atheism than you do.

So, were you lying then when you said you wouldn't watch videos, or lying now ?
You keep telling yourself you know about atheism. The only thing you know about it is what you learn at your weekend seminar. Troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I stopped watching at :21:06 when she mentioned WLC and his brilliant cosmological argument. (I guess she's never bothered to read the arguments against what he's said). I nearly stopped when she mentioned "Darwinism" -- I suppose we should refer to physics as Newtonism too?

I will say, I disagree with her definition of faith.

She was, by her own words, someone who just didn't care about religion and decided her life was meaningless.

Atheists don't volunteer their time, donate money and don't care about anything? We know that's bullshit.

Wow at 21 minutes into it she doesn't sound like a former atheist, she sounds like she was just a self-centered bitch -- who decided to dismiss any type of rational thought in favor of mythology.

Going further since she never really considered religion, It doesn't sound like she cared much one way or another....I'd say she was just another non-believer trying to sell yet another book...

Oh that's right in the first couple minutes she asked people to buy her book and told them the publisher.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2014, 06:54 PM
(22-05-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a complete idiotic waste of time. I watched 14 minutes. When she referenced one of THE biggest idiots of ALL time as a "great lecturer" (Dr. Licona), i could watch no more. She obviously knows nothing about Psychology, and what it means when people say "I believe" this or that. She's a rank amateur in religion, and admits it. In fact I have VERY COMPELLING reasons to dismiss the bullshit of Christianity and all religions as utter nonsense, as do many here. So the idiotic video's premise doesn't even apply, Walker. Why are believers SO fucking intent on the subject of "apologetics". If they can get ONE other rational person to buy the bullshit, they feel less alone.

You're rather ignorant.

Ignorant about several things. Chiefly, your ignorance of those who have throughout the centuries and even now have been and are Christians who were and are brilliant intellectuals and about as far from irrational as you can get.

You seem to think that only irrational people believe in Jesus Christ. Are you that ignorant? Or do you say these things because you have nothing better to say?
22-05-2014, 06:57 PM
(22-05-2014 06:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  of course I will, and do.

So, were you lying then when you said you wouldn't watch videos, or lying now ?
You keep telling yourself you know about atheism. The only thing you know about it is what you learn at your weekend seminar. Troll.

Sorry to let you down once again (I seem to have a habit of doing that) but I attend no weekly seminars. I attend Elevation Church in Charlotte NC, but beyond that, my weekends are pretty uneventful.
22-05-2014, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 07:04 PM by Jeremy E Walker.)
(22-05-2014 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I stopped watching at :21:06 when she mentioned WLC and his brilliant cosmological argument. (I guess she's never bothered to read the arguments against what he's said). I nearly stopped when she mentioned "Darwinism" -- I suppose we should refer to physics as Newtonism too?

She was, by her own words, someone who just didn't care about religion and decided her life was meaningless.

Atheists don't volunteer their time, donate money and don't care about anything? We know that's bullshit.

Wow at 21 minutes into it she doesn't sound like a former atheist, she sounds like she was just a self-centered bitch -- who decided to dismiss any type of rational thought in favor of mythology.

Going further since she never really considered religion, It doesn't sound like she cared much one way or another....I'd say she was just another non-believer trying to sell yet another book...

Oh that's right in the first couple minutes she asked people to buy her book and told them the publisher.

I will debate you right now on the Kalam Cosmological argument in the boxing ring.

You act like the Kalam Cosmological argument is a new kid on the block. It has been around for centuries and guess what? It is still here! Still being defended and still being attacked by those who would rather think the universe just happened to pop into existence one day out of nothing, for nothing, and by nothing....

FrustyLamo
22-05-2014, 07:02 PM
(22-05-2014 07:01 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I stopped watching at :21:06 when she mentioned WLC and his brilliant cosmological argument. (I guess she's never bothered to read the arguments against what he's said). I nearly stopped when she mentioned "Darwinism" -- I suppose we should refer to physics as Newtonism too?

I will debate you right now on the Kalam Cosmological argument in the boxing ring.

You act like the Kalam Cosmological argument is a new kid on the block. It has been around for centuries and no one has yet to refute it.

Expect for when you got destroyed twice in the Boxing Ring on that subject. Might want to see someone about the memory loss Jezza.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post