Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
24-05-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 02:11 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 01:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  It cannot be a description of their testimony because they were driven to RESEARCH the truth claims of Christianity, not driven to accept the truth claims by virtue of some emotional response.

Stating otherwise is clearly strawmanning.

They both actually appeal to having their intellectual questions dealt with following critical research and examination of the available evidence in support of the truth-claims of Christianity which led them to believe said claims and place their trust and faith in Christ.

What research did they uncover supporting their belief in Christ?

It is now clear that you have not watched the videos, or either have and just are being disingenuous.

Watch the videos Sport and then we will talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2014, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 02:20 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 01:52 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 01:48 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Have anything in the way of defending the faulty premises of the argument?

Or are you going to fail to defend the KCA as utterly as you have in two debates here, and on Christian Forums?

Deal with what I have provided.

I have provided several lines of support for premise two. So far you have not even engaged them.

Drinking Beverage

I engaged them for multiple pages of this thread, you could not be bothered to respond directly.

As stated, physicists would describe the universe as either open, closed, or flat, depending on the theoretical physical model they're working from. This still has nothing to do with the topic.

Repeating the same faulty logic you used in the beginning, or wildly changing topics with WLC copypasta is not a response to objections.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
24-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 02:14 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:11 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  What research did they uncover supporting their belief in Christ?

It is now clear that you have not watched the videos, or either have and just are being disingenuous.

So you don't know what they uncovered to support their belief in Christ, Buckwheat?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
24-05-2014, 02:18 PM
(24-05-2014 02:12 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 01:56 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Somebody please make it stop!

In the Smokey-the-bear voice Only you can prevent increased post count.

I'd rather fondle the used toilet paper inspired by the morning coffee than engage in discussion with this character, but the rest of the community seems to revel in it. Dodgy

You have gwynnies, I gots mine. It compliments having to do the dishes fabulously. Leave me alone Johnny. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-05-2014, 02:19 PM
(24-05-2014 02:13 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not ever recall either of the women saying that they wanted to believe in Christianity and therefore this was why they converted from atheism to Christianity.

I never recall hearing them say that. Now if you can recall this, simply provide the time in which they did.

Hahah....

It seems to me their critical thinking skills were actually being put to good use once they decided to begin researching the various truth claims of other worldviews.

In fact, if you listen to Dr. Ordway she clearly states that believing something that was irrational and indefensible was not something that she as a person could even do.

Any psychologies or psychiatrist can tell you: Trusting the patient's own assessment of their behavior and validity of their internal thought process is no guarantee either of those correspond with reality.

I agree. Just because I trust that atheist's own assessments of their behavior and validity of their internal thought processes is no guarantee either of those correspond with reality.

Especially when some are willing to say things like:

"Things can come into existence without a cause from nothing" Laughat

"The universe has always existed!" Laughat

"My brain is irrational!" Consider Facepalm Laughat
24-05-2014, 02:20 PM
(24-05-2014 02:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:14 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  It is now clear that you have not watched the videos, or either have and just are being disingenuous.

So you don't know what they uncovered to support their belief in Christ, Buckwheat?

The Truth.

Now enough evasion.

Either deal with the support for premise two or say you are unwilling to.
24-05-2014, 02:21 PM
(24-05-2014 01:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Actually I am Elioenai26. Drinking Beverage

Good job admitting your sockpuppetry.

Elioenai26:

http://www.christianforums.com/users/306396/

Jeremy E Walker:

http://www.christianforums.com/users/347446/

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Dr. Ordway's lecture
Did anyone deny there could be a cause to the Big Bang? No; they've disputed the idea that an eternal entity preexisting the universe decided to cause the Big Bang follows from your argument.

And are you familiar with the concept of peer review?

24-05-2014, 02:22 PM
(24-05-2014 02:20 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  So you don't know what they uncovered to support their belief in Christ, Buckwheat?

The Truth.

Now enough evasion.

Either deal with the support for premise two or say you are unwilling to.

Harumph!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 02:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 01:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Actually I am Elioenai26. Drinking Beverage

Good job admitting your sockpuppetry.

Elioenai26:

http://www.christianforums.com/users/306396/

Jeremy E Walker:

http://www.christianforums.com/users/347446/

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ[/youtube]

[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post