Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
24-05-2014, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 03:03 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Dr. Ordway's lecture

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
24-05-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 02:20 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  So you don't know what they uncovered to support their belief in Christ, Buckwheat?

The Truth.

LOL that's not an answer, numbnuts. YOU are the one being evasive here.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 02:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And now the dishonest son of a bitch has edited the post you cite to say something different.

Just corrected the error I made.

I usually try to do that if I am in error.

After the fact. When you've already been corrected. To make it look as if you never made the error.

Seem honest to you?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
24-05-2014, 02:47 PM
(24-05-2014 02:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  support for premise one has already been given. No defeater has been presented.

Now if you would like to debate me on this then we can in the ring.

It seems you cannot keep track of what I have posted even though you have been going back and forth with me for some time.

Why is that?

You must have missed this:

(23-05-2014 06:16 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  "Begins to exist" is also semantic nonsense, and nothing has ever been witnessed "beginning to exist" in the same way as the universe.

At what point does a chair "begin to exist" as a chair? When the 2nd leg is attached? 3? 4? When the wood is cut into parts for the chair?

How about a bicycle? Does it "begin to exist" sometime during when the frame is welded together from component parts ? When the wheels and chain are attached, before it has pedals?

And this:

(24-05-2014 12:30 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Correct. They formulate a hypothesis then test that hypothesis

An hypothesis that is not falsifiable is by definition unscientific.

The KCA doesn't qualify. Here's why:

This is untestable. We will never be able to empirically observe anything "come into existence" the same way the universe came into existence.

The KCA employs a loaded question, and does in fact make an assertion (however subtly) that the laws of causality must have applied prior to causality. It relies on that assumption to reach the conclusion. It defines "Begins to exist" as <creation ex nilho> not any other form of "beginning to exist" and is an equivocation.

It begs the question and invokes special pleading to avoid infinite regress.

It's exposing the hidden premises of the KCA.

Every recombination of existing matter has a cause [within in the universe as currently observed]

The universe began to exist [ex nilho, not from recombination of existing matter].

Therefore [as pre-universe physics and causality were identical to those observed within the existing universe] the universe has a cause.

Broken vending machine.

Premise 1 argues causality existed pre causality.

It's nonsensical.

Looks like a missed quote tag somewhere...

24-05-2014, 02:50 PM
(24-05-2014 02:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  i see you have nothing better to do than be detective Columbo.

Elioenai26 was an account I had for some time and stopped using it.

Some time later I created the account I now use there.

So much for sockpuppetry.

....and we are to simply swallow the puppeteer's lame-ass excuse for his puppetry? HoboLaughat

(24-05-2014 02:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Just corrected tried to cover up the error I made.

fixed that for ya.

Ok Columbo.

Elioenai26's last activity was dated the 10th of August 2013 at 12:52PM

Jeremy E. Walker's account was created 20th of February 2014.

The above indicates that at no point in time have I had two or more accounts active simultaneously which would qualify as sockpuppeting.

Sorry Columbo, but you got the wrong guy. I am not the sockpuppeteer!Laughat
24-05-2014, 02:50 PM
(24-05-2014 02:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And now the dishonest son of a bitch has edited the post you cite to say something different.

Just corrected the error I made.

And it's even more evidence that you don't read what people have posted.

Try reading that wikipedia link. It's an endogenous hormone produced by the body, especially when giving birth. It is not medication.

(24-05-2014 01:59 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

Quote:Oxytocin plays an important role in the neuroanatomy of intimacy, specifically in sexual reproduction, in particular during and after childbirth. It is released in large amounts after distension of the cervix and uterus during labor, facilitating birth, maternal bonding, and, after stimulation of the nipples, lactation. Both childbirth and milk ejection result from positive feedback mechanisms.[1]

Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviors, including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, anxiety, and maternal behaviors.[2] For this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "bonding hormone".
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-05-2014, 02:51 PM
(24-05-2014 02:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:32 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  As mentioned, you were linked 10 pages of your Christian Forum where that argument was refuted.

So you admit you can't support premise 1 either?

support for premise one has already been given.

You must have a novel and unique definition for the word "support".

Quote:No defeater has been presented.

Your bullshit assertions have been rebutted completely, and over and over. You are a liar.

Quote:Now if you would like to debate me on this then we can in the ring.

You already fled two debates there after having your head handed to you many times over.

Quote:It seems you cannot keep track of what I have posted even though you have been going back and forth with me for some time.

Why is that?

Um the reading comprehension problem is yours, asshole.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-05-2014, 02:51 PM
(24-05-2014 02:46 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Just corrected the error I made.

After the fact. When you've already been corrected. To make it look as if you never made the error.

Seem honest to you?

Why would I not change it if it was wrong???

ROFL

Weeping
24-05-2014, 02:52 PM
(24-05-2014 02:51 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  support for premise one has already been given.

You must have a novel and unique definition for the word "support".

Quote:No defeater has been presented.

Your bullshit assertions have been rebutted completely, and over and over. You are a liar.

Quote:Now if you would like to debate me on this then we can in the ring.

You already fled two debates there after having your head handed to you many times over.

Quote:It seems you cannot keep track of what I have posted even though you have been going back and forth with me for some time.

Why is that?

Um the reading comprehension problem is yours, asshole.

Shhh...Columbo Laughat
24-05-2014, 02:53 PM
(24-05-2014 02:50 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ....and we are to simply swallow the puppeteer's lame-ass excuse for his puppetry? HoboLaughat

fixed that for ya.

Blah blah blah...
The above indicates that at no point in time have I had two or more accounts active simultaneously which would qualify as sockpuppeting.
....blah blah blah...

Neither account has been terminated. You are a liar.