Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
24-05-2014, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 03:15 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 02:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  You must have missed this:

And this:

Premise 1 argues causality existed pre causality.

It's nonsensical.
You're wasting your time here. Both Stevil and cjlr raised the same objections in their debates against JEW and he never addressed them. In fact, he got his ass handed to him so hard that he ran from both of them and is still in denial about his loss today.

I'm aware. He had the same thing happen on a Christian forum, then copy-pasted arguments they defeated for his argument here.

And even they noted his dishonesty and evasion.

It bears repeating every time he claims to have supported the premises of the KCA: Which he apparently can't even do in front of an audience that already agrees with him![Image: 7eqe3ura.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 03:05 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:55 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVxBFxvVsyQra31PUbD9m...nZu-iLGS6a]

Who cares?

We know you don't care your compulsive lying is well known. That's part of why it's a problem.

Red herring.

[Image: RedHerringBlurb.png]

Addresses neither premise of the KCA.
24-05-2014, 03:10 PM
(24-05-2014 03:08 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  It bears repeating every time he claims to have supported the premises of the KCA: Which he apparently can't even do in front of an audience that already agrees with him!

Addresses neither of the premises of the KCA.
24-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Dr. Ordway's lecture
(24-05-2014 03:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:08 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  It bears repeating every time he claims to have supported the premises of the KCA: Which he apparently can't even do in front of an audience that already agrees with him!

Yet this does, and you're pretending it wasn't reposted twice now.

(24-05-2014 02:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  support for premise one has already been given. No defeater has been presented.

Now if you would like to debate me on this then we can in the ring.

It seems you cannot keep track of what I have posted even though you have been going back and forth with me for some time.

Why is that?

For the umpteenth time, you lost two 'Ring matches failing to support the KCA. You lost a third on ChristianForums, before changing your username there.

I would be happy to debate you, but will only respond to cogent responses to objections; Gish gallop and WLC or any other copypasta will be considered forfeit of the debate.

If you think you can handle a debate under those criteria, start the thread.

As it stands, though, you haven't shown premises to be valid. All you've done is copy-paste long, meandering arguments you skimmed and agreed with. You have yet to respond to:

(23-05-2014 06:16 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  "Begins to exist" is also semantic nonsense, and nothing has ever been witnessed "beginning to exist" in the same way as the universe.

At what point does a chair "begin to exist" as a chair? When the 2nd leg is attached? 3? 4? When the wood is cut into parts for the chair?

How about a bicycle? Does it "begin to exist" sometime during when the frame is welded together from component parts ? When the wheels and chain are attached, before it has pedals?

And this:

(24-05-2014 12:30 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Correct. They formulate a hypothesis then test that hypothesis

An hypothesis that is not falsifiable is by definition unscientific.

The KCA doesn't qualify. Here's why:

This is untestable. We will never be able to empirically observe anything "come into existence" the same way the universe came into existence.

The KCA employs a loaded question, and does in fact make an assertion (however subtly) that the laws of causality must have applied prior to causality. It relies on that assumption to reach the conclusion. It defines "Begins to exist" as <creation ex nilho> not any other form of "beginning to exist" and is an equivocation.

It begs the question and invokes special pleading to avoid infinite regress.

It's exposing the hidden premises of the KCA.

Every recombination of existing matter has a cause [within in the universe as currently observed]

The universe began to exist [ex nilho, not from recombination of existing matter].

Therefore [as pre-universe physics and causality were identical to those observed within the existing universe] the universe has a cause.

Broken vending machine.

It's nonsensical.

No response to this?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
24-05-2014, 03:23 PM
(24-05-2014 03:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:01 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Jeremy ...

[Image: its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg]

That is adorable... I love cats!

Good. Stuff one up your ass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-05-2014, 03:29 PM
(24-05-2014 03:19 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  [Image: RedHerringBlurb.png]

Yet this does, and you're pretending it wasn't reposted twice now.

(24-05-2014 02:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  For the umpteenth time, you lost two 'Ring matches failing to support the KCA. You lost a third on ChristianForums, before changing your username there.

I would be happy to debate you, but will only respond to cogent responses to objections; Gish gallop and WLC or any other copypasta will be considered forfeit of the debate.

If you think you can handle a debate under those criteria, start the thread.

As it stands, though, you haven't shown premises to be valid. All you've done is copy-paste long, meandering arguments you skimmed and agreed with. You have yet to respond to:

And this:

It's nonsensical.

No response to this?
i made us a thread.
24-05-2014, 03:30 PM
(24-05-2014 03:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  That is adorable... I love cats!

Good. Stuff one up your ass.

[Image: fighting.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
24-05-2014, 03:36 PM
(24-05-2014 03:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Good. Stuff one up your ass.

Run away, little troll.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-05-2014, 03:37 PM
(24-05-2014 03:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Good. Stuff one up your ass.

You've been waiting for that one. It makes sense, given your MO. But good one anyway. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-05-2014, 05:31 PM
(24-05-2014 02:18 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:12 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In the Smokey-the-bear voice Only you can prevent increased post count.

I'd rather fondle the used toilet paper inspired by the morning coffee than engage in discussion with this character, but the rest of the community seems to revel in it. Dodgy

You have gwynnies, I gots mine. It compliments having to do the dishes fabulously. Leave me alone Johnny. Tongue

Did someone say Gwynnies?!?!

[Image: 477155_516596761737489_2137185593_o.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post