Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
22-05-2014, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 07:03 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(22-05-2014 06:54 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a complete idiotic waste of time. I watched 14 minutes. When she referenced one of THE biggest idiots of ALL time as a "great lecturer" (Dr. Licona), i could watch no more. She obviously knows nothing about Psychology, and what it means when people say "I believe" this or that. She's a rank amateur in religion, and admits it. In fact I have VERY COMPELLING reasons to dismiss the bullshit of Christianity and all religions as utter nonsense, as do many here. So the idiotic video's premise doesn't even apply, Walker. Why are believers SO fucking intent on the subject of "apologetics". If they can get ONE other rational person to buy the bullshit, they feel less alone.

You're rather ignorant.

Ignorant about several things. Chiefly, your ignorance of those who have throughout the centuries and even now have been and are Christians who were and are brilliant intellectuals and about as far from irrational as you can get.

You seem to think that only irrational people believe in Jesus Christ. Are you that ignorant? Or do you say these things because you have nothing better to say?

First of all she is no "brilliant intellectual". (Well, maybe compared to you she is). Your comment is completely off topic. I said NOTHING about others in history or anywhere else. IF their main subject of expertise is not one that I listed above, they are not experts in the applicable fields. You are STILL trying to get us to swallow your correlation and fallacy of Authority bullshit. You have never once answered ONE of my statements about the Bible. You have never even once tried. ANd here you are calling "me" ignorant. Everyone here sees who is and who is not, Mr. - 40-and-dropping-fast. (BTW you think you are just *so superior* with that sex comment don't you, Church Lady? )

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Are we still supposed to be civil?

I need direction here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-05-2014, 07:04 PM
(22-05-2014 07:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:01 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I will debate you right now on the Kalam Cosmological argument in the boxing ring.

You act like the Kalam Cosmological argument is a new kid on the block. It has been around for centuries and no one has yet to refute it.

Expect for when you got destroyed twice in the Boxing Ring on that subject. Might want to see someone about the memory loss Jezza.

Who destroyed me?
22-05-2014, 07:04 PM
(22-05-2014 06:54 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a complete idiotic waste of time. I watched 14 minutes. When she referenced one of THE biggest idiots of ALL time as a "great lecturer" (Dr. Licona), i could watch no more. She obviously knows nothing about Psychology, and what it means when people say "I believe" this or that. She's a rank amateur in religion, and admits it. In fact I have VERY COMPELLING reasons to dismiss the bullshit of Christianity and all religions as utter nonsense, as do many here. So the idiotic video's premise doesn't even apply, Walker. Why are believers SO fucking intent on the subject of "apologetics". If they can get ONE other rational person to buy the bullshit, they feel less alone.

You're rather ignorant.

Ignorant about several things. Chiefly, your ignorance of those who have throughout the centuries and even now have been and are Christians who were and are brilliant intellectuals and about as far from irrational as you can get.

You seem to think that only irrational people believe in Jesus Christ. Are you that ignorant? Or do you say these things because you have nothing better to say?

What happened to the "I love you" and "I'd never do anything to hurt you?"

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
22-05-2014, 07:07 PM
(22-05-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, were you lying then when you said you wouldn't watch videos, or lying now ?
You keep telling yourself you know about atheism. The only thing you know about it is what you learn at your weekend seminar. Troll.

Sorry to let you down once again (I seem to have a habit of doing that) but I attend no weekly seminars. I attend Elevation Church in Charlotte NC, but beyond that, my weekends are pretty uneventful.

Well, whatever you do to get high *elevated* it's very clear getting an education about the subject you pretend to spout off about isn't one of them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-05-2014, 07:10 PM
(22-05-2014 07:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:54 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You're rather ignorant.

First of all she is no "brilliant intellectual". (Well, maybe compared to you she is). Your comment is completely off topic. I said NOTHING about others in history or anywhere else. IF their main subject of expertise is not one that I listed above, they are not experts in the applicable fields. You are STILL trying to get us to swallow your correlation and fallacy of Authority bullshit. You have never once answered ONE of my statements about the Bible. You have never even once tried. ANd here you are calling "me" ignorant. Everyone here sees whi is and who is not, Mr. - 40-and-dropping-fast. (BTW you think you are just *so superior* with that sex comment don't you, Church Lady? )

Bahh...

She only has a PhD in English Literature and is a professor...

Heck....what does she know?....

Right......

Facepalm

You have zero credentials. ZERO.

And since you think a person must have expertise in an applicable field to be considered an expert in said field, then I hope you recognize that many scientists (which you set you hope and trust and faith in) today are sticking their nose where it does not belong when they make statements about matters they have no experience in. (Dawkins and his evangelical dogmatic atheism comes to mind).
22-05-2014, 07:10 PM
(22-05-2014 07:04 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Expect for when you got destroyed twice in the Boxing Ring on that subject. Might want to see someone about the memory loss Jezza.

Who destroyed me?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...l-Argument

cjlr wiped the floor with you

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...l-Argument

Stevil did so as well. My my my such a short memory.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-05-2014, 07:12 PM
(22-05-2014 07:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Sorry to let you down once again (I seem to have a habit of doing that) but I attend no weekly seminars. I attend Elevation Church in Charlotte NC, but beyond that, my weekends are pretty uneventful.

Well, whatever you do to get high *elevated* it's very clear getting an education about the subject you pretend to spout off about isn't one of them.

In your mind:

I do not attend weekly seminars = not getting an education about the subject I pretend to spout off about.

Fail

Gasp
22-05-2014, 07:12 PM
There is no better way to put this. Jeremy you really are an utter fucking dick head. You're a two faced, snidey little troll who bullshits for Jesus, you are however an excellent poster boy for Christianity. Please continue as you are, you do more to demonstrate the woefully muddy, contradictory hypocrisy of Christianity than any atheist ever could. You are an unscrupulous little bitch who is blatantly and purely trolling. What a fucking waste of skin.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
22-05-2014, 07:13 PM
(22-05-2014 07:01 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I stopped watching at :21:06 when she mentioned WLC and his brilliant cosmological argument. (I guess she's never bothered to read the arguments against what he's said). I nearly stopped when she mentioned "Darwinism" -- I suppose we should refer to physics as Newtonism too?

I will say, I disagree with her definition of faith.

She was, by her own words, someone who just didn't care about religion and decided her life was meaningless.

Atheists don't volunteer their time, donate money and don't care about anything? We know that's bullshit.

Wow at 21 minutes into it she doesn't sound like a former atheist, she sounds like she was just a self-centered bitch -- who decided to dismiss any type of rational thought in favor of mythology.

Going further since she never really considered religion, It doesn't sound like she cared much one way or another....I'd say she was just another non-believer trying to sell yet another book...

Oh that's right in the first couple minutes she asked people to buy her book and told them the publisher.

I will debate you right now on the Kalam Cosmological argument in the boxing ring.

You act like the Kalam Cosmological argument is a new kid on the block. It has been around for centuries and guess what? It is still here! Still being defended and still being attacked by those who would rather think the earth just happened to pop into existence one day out of nothing, for nothing, and by nothing....

FrustyLamo

No thank you. I don't want you to become confused that particular topic has any merit worthy of debate. Smile

Now, shoo fly!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post