Dr. Ordway's lecture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
22-05-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Dr. Ordway's lecture
(22-05-2014 07:04 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:54 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You're rather ignorant.

Ignorant about several things. Chiefly, your ignorance of those who have throughout the centuries and even now have been and are Christians who were and are brilliant intellectuals and about as far from irrational as you can get.

You seem to think that only irrational people believe in Jesus Christ. Are you that ignorant? Or do you say these things because you have nothing better to say?

What happened to the "I love you" and "I'd never do anything to hurt you?"

Calling someone ignorant =/= I do not love them.

Ignorant simply means uninformed.

I have no reason or desire to use it in the sense you think I have.

Not everyone is full of animosity and hate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 07:15 PM
(22-05-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are a neurotic dolt who is missing the only life he will ever have.

In your mind:

missing only life I will ever have = abstaining from sex.

UnsureBlushDodgy

No, but if you want to see it that way, go ahead.

You are missing out on many things and you will have wasted you precious time on Earth - the only place and time you will have in all of eternity.

I feel sad for you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2014, 07:15 PM
(22-05-2014 07:12 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  There is no better way to put this. Jeremy you really are an utter fucking dick head. You're a two faced, snidey little troll who bullshits for Jesus, you are however an excellent poster boy for Christianity. Please continue as you are, you do more to demonstrate the woefully muddy, contradictory hypocrisy of Christianity than any atheist ever could. You are an unscrupulous little bitch who is blatantly and purely trolling. What a fucking waste of skin.

So debate me. The invite is open and has been.

Since as you say, you are an educated Englishman, it should be easy to crush me with your intellectual prowess.

Ohmy
22-05-2014, 07:16 PM
(22-05-2014 07:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  And since you think a person must have expertise in an applicable field to be considered an expert in said field...blah blah blah

Yes a person must have EXPERTise in a field to be an expert, the clue is in the word kid.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-05-2014, 07:16 PM
(22-05-2014 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  In your mind:

missing only life I will ever have = abstaining from sex.

UnsureBlushDodgy

No, but if you want to see it that way, go ahead.

You are missing out on many things and you will have wasted you precious time on Earth - the only place and time you will have in all of eternity.

I feel sad for you.

Name one thing you think I have missed out on.

I honestly want to know.
22-05-2014, 07:17 PM
(22-05-2014 07:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  And since you think a person must have expertise in an applicable field to be considered an expert in said field...blah blah blah

Yes a person must have EXPERTise in a field to be an expert, the clue is in the word kid.

Who said I disagreed kid? Consider
22-05-2014, 07:21 PM
(22-05-2014 06:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  That's why you won't read evidence that contradicts your beliefs, or view videos that contradict your beliefs?

of course I will, and do.

I have spent the better part of my free time for the past year doing just that.

I would be willing to wager, if I were a wagering man, that I know more about atheism than you do.

That statement is its own contradiction. Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods. That's it.

If you have spent a year and not learned that, there is little hope for you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-05-2014, 07:22 PM
(22-05-2014 07:15 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:12 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  There is no better way to put this. Jeremy you really are an utter fucking dick head. You're a two faced, snidey little troll who bullshits for Jesus, you are however an excellent poster boy for Christianity. Please continue as you are, you do more to demonstrate the woefully muddy, contradictory hypocrisy of Christianity than any atheist ever could. You are an unscrupulous little bitch who is blatantly and purely trolling. What a fucking waste of skin.

So debate me. The invite is open and has been.

Since as you say, you are an educated Englishman, it should be easy to crush me with your intellectual prowess.

Ohmy

You can't even answer a simple question. You're a waste of time. A snake oil salesman. ... 'debate you'? Grow up you ego centric cunt. I marked your card bang on when I said you were here to fuel your own ego. Debates involve straight talking and an openness and honesty that you are incapable of. You're like a fucking 6 year old. ... The only good thing you have brought to this forum is your threads full of disgraceful behaviour. Next time someone on the fence visits here, they might see something in your posts that repulses them. ... I'm wasting my breath here you trolling cunt.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
22-05-2014, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 07:29 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-05-2014 07:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  First of all she is no "brilliant intellectual". (Well, maybe compared to you she is). Your comment is completely off topic. I said NOTHING about others in history or anywhere else. IF their main subject of expertise is not one that I listed above, they are not experts in the applicable fields. You are STILL trying to get us to swallow your correlation and fallacy of Authority bullshit. You have never once answered ONE of my statements about the Bible. You have never even once tried. ANd here you are calling "me" ignorant. Everyone here sees whi is and who is not, Mr. - 40-and-dropping-fast. (BTW you think you are just *so superior* with that sex comment don't you, Church Lady? )

Bahh...

She only has a PhD in English Literature and is a professor...

Heck....what does she know?....

Right......

Facepalm

You have zero credentials. ZERO.

And since you think a person must have expertise in an applicable field to be considered an expert in said field, then I hope you recognize that many scientists (which you set you hope and trust and faith in) today are sticking their nose where it does not belong when they make statements about matters they have no experience in. (Dawkins and his evangelical dogmatic atheism comes to mind).

I see. You never read my profile you fucking idiot. And BTW, MY credentials AGAIN are NOT the question here. SHE and YOU are the ones without the relevant credentials. Nice try again. (BTW,my credentials in the field FAR surpass yours and hers, you lying troll). AND ONCE again, IF her field is NOT the one she is speaking on, SHE is not an expert in it.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
I see you never even took Logic 101 at Babble College.

Oh right .. what the hell has Dawkins got to do with this ? More evasion. When Christians like you do it, it's "spreading the good news" and "evangelizing, when atheists do it, it's "militant bal bla bla". Go fuck yourself preacher man. Find another corner to shout and make a fool of yourself on.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-05-2014, 07:24 PM
(22-05-2014 07:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  of course I will, and do.

I have spent the better part of my free time for the past year doing just that.

I would be willing to wager, if I were a wagering man, that I know more about atheism than you do.

That statement is its own contradiction. Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods. That's it.

If you have spent a year and not learned that, there is little hope for you.

the definiendum "atheism" has several definiens Chas, not just the one you think.