Dr. Oz scolded by US Senators

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2014, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 08:05 PM by Smercury44.)
Dr. Oz scolded by US Senators
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/diet-fitne...ms-n133226

I just love this. Good on Sen. Claire McCaskill for calling him out.

Quotes from The article, Dr. Oz's "defense" Facepalm (Bolding is mine)

Quote:Oz, a frequent guest on NBC's TODAY show, admitted he uses “flowery” language on his shows, and said he realizes that the moment he recommends a product, the scammers use his words to sell spurious products. “I concede to my colleagues at the FTC that I am making their job more difficult," he said.

But he said he has to be “passionate” to engage his audience. “When we write a script, we need to generate enthusiasm and engage the viewer,” Oz said.

“I actually do personally believe in the items I talk about on the show,” he added. “I recognize that oftentimes they don’t have the scientific muster to pass as fact. I have given my family these products.”

Oz said the products give people hope to keep trying to lose weight — something almost all experts agree is a very difficult thing to do. Two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese.

Sounds like he is pretty much admitting to lying about the efficacy of some of these products just to get ratings. He even admits that the information he doles out probably isn't even based on facts. (You think? Dodgy )

Not to mention.... These products give people hope to keep trying to lose weight?!?! I don't know about you folks, but when I try a product, and it fails, I immediately lose faith in said product, and give up on it. What world is he living in?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
17-06-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: Dr. Oz scolded by US Senators
(17-06-2014 08:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  What world is he living in?

The land of Oz? Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
17-06-2014, 08:06 PM
(17-06-2014 08:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/health/diet-fitne...ms-n133226

Quote:Oz, a frequent guest on NBC's TODAY show, admitted he uses “flowery” language on his shows, and said he realizes that the moment he recommends a product, the scammers use his words to sell spurious products. “I concede to my colleagues at the FTC that I am making their job more difficult," he said.

But he said he has to be “passionate” to engage his audience. “When we write a script, we need to generate enthusiasm and engage the viewer,” Oz said.

“I actually do personally believe in the items I talk about on the show,” he added. “I recognize that oftentimes they don’t have the scientific muster to pass as fact. I have given my family these products.”

Oz said the products give people hope to keep trying to lose weight — something almost all experts agree is a very difficult thing to do. Two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese.

Sounds like he is pretty much admitting to lying about the efficacy of some of these products just to get ratings. He even admits that the information he doles out probably isn't even based on facts. (You think? Dodgy )

Not to mention.... These products give people hope to keep trying to lose weight?!?! I don't know about you folks, but when I try a product, and it fails, I immediately lose faith in said product, and give up on it. What world is he living in?

The fuck is oz

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-06-2014, 08:10 PM
I call bullshit, i'd like to know how much money these companies pay him for these endorsements.
What a jerk.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-06-2014, 08:10 PM
(17-06-2014 08:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 08:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/health/diet-fitne...ms-n133226

The fuck is oz

This guy.

[Image: h-article-mehmet-oz.jpg]

I never took his advice because I don't trust health professionals with no muscle tone.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
17-06-2014, 08:14 PM
(17-06-2014 08:10 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I call bullshit, i'd like to know how much money these companies pay him for these endorsements.
What a jerk.

He has sued a few companies that use his image and name without permission. However, he himself still pushes these products without endorsing a "brand" which is where he says things went wrong. Basically saying only the people who illegally use his name without his permission are the scam artists here pushing pseudoscience. Facepalm come on...

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
17-06-2014, 08:32 PM
(17-06-2014 08:14 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 08:10 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I call bullshit, i'd like to know how much money these companies pay him for these endorsements.
What a jerk.

He has sued a few companies that use his image and name without permission. However, he himself still pushes these products without endorsing a "brand" which is where he says things went wrong. Basically saying only the people who illegally use his name without his permission are the scam artists here pushing pseudoscience. Facepalm come on...

Ah...plausible deniability. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
18-06-2014, 02:18 AM
It was nice to see them make this sleazeball sweat.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-06-2014, 02:32 AM
(18-06-2014 02:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It was nice to see them make this sleazeball sweat.

But they're infringing on Dr. Oz's freedom and the free market's ability to lie to gullible consumers! Oh the tyranny of the state! How dare it intervene in the free market to advocate on the behalf of and protect the very people they are supposed to represent!

/luminon

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-06-2014, 11:11 PM
The only thing worse than a tv doctor is a tv psychologist

[Image: 1VDD.jpg]

On this episode of doctor Oz, its smoothie that has properties no other smooth can reasonably claim to have! Also, the shake weight. Tonight at 7.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post