Dr Phil or Dr Oz? Who's worse?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Dr Phil or Dr Oz? Who's worse?
I was trying to consider this myself. Who is worse of these two quacks? Dr. Oz actually petals drugs that don't work and Dr. Phil makes serious mental problems seem like they can be fixed in in an hour. Thoughts? Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerseygirlar's post
09-09-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: Dr Phil or Dr Oz? Who's worse?
Dr. Oz, his voice isn't nearly as annoying as Dr. Phil's.

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Oz is worse. I think that promoting quack cures that people will use instead of going to a doctor, or worse yet, instead of taking their kid to a doctor, leads to real illnesses going uncured. Pop psychology is bad, but I don't think it's the same degree of bad. That said, I don't have a TV and have never watched either of these quacks. Nor do I have any interest in wasting my time on them when I can waste it here instead.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 4 users Like daniel1948's post
09-09-2015, 10:08 PM
I see a money-making opportunity for Muffsy...

Set up a channel called 'Quack TV' and run these shows 24/7.

It'll attract irony-lovers and millions of ironically impaired Murikans who will in turn attract advertisers galore.

Consider

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
10-09-2015, 05:15 AM
Dr. Oz is worse for physical health, Dr Phil is worse for mental health. It's a tie.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
10-09-2015, 08:17 AM
(09-09-2015 10:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I see a money-making opportunity for Muffsy...

Set up a channel called 'Quack TV' and run these shows 24/7.

It'll attract irony-lovers and millions of ironically impaired Murikans who will in turn attract advertisers galore.

Consider

It will just be competing with every other channel already on TV.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
10-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Oz is way worse.
10-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Why do I have to choose? Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Oz, by a landslide.

Phil is terrible, but most of what he is peddling is "positive thinking" bullshit. He's mostly just useless.

Oz actively tells people to forgo actual medical treatment for serious maladies in favor of magic beans (no, seriously) or some other Woo.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
10-09-2015, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 09:35 AM by Nurse.)
Dr Oz irritates me the most. It's such a lost opportunity to provide the public with factual knowledge about healthcare, such as "Pink frothy sputum - what is it, and what can you do to save your life or your loved one's if you see it? Coming up after this break." It just kills me how many people know so little about their health, and yet they watch shows like this because they *are* interested. If he wants to help his audience with weight loss, have a segment of each show dedicated to bringing in an exercise instructor that leads you through a quick workout, shows modifications, etc. Also, a segment using a chef/nutritionist that does a heart healthy meal or depending on the show topic a renal diet or a diabetic diet.

It's been years since I've watched Dr. Phil, but I do remember that he did interventions on his show and there were people that actually got *real* help and sent to rehab facilities.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post