Dr Phil or Dr Oz? Who's worse?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Dr Phil or Dr Oz? Who's worse?
(10-09-2015 04:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 02:44 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  They'd circle each other while Phil yelled uplifting yet empty platitudes at him, trying to convince him that he really is good enough to attack.

Oz would splash some water on Phil while declaring victory because that water was a homeopathic solution of sulfuric acid and Phil is melting.

Haha. I'd pay money to see that......fake Monopoly money, that is.

I'd offer to pay in homeopathic money. Since it's so diluted I could pay $.00000000000000000001 and it should be enough to cover the whole shindig. Smartass

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
10-09-2015, 05:15 PM
I would say Dr. Oz is worse because he openly supports not only "aura therapy" during his own surgery procedure, but homeopathy and crystal therapy as well.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
10-09-2015, 05:17 PM
(09-09-2015 07:34 PM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  I was trying to consider this myself. Who is worse of these two quacks? Dr. Oz actually petals drugs that don't work and Dr. Phil makes serious mental problems seem like they can be fixed in in an hour. Thoughts? Evil_monster

I assume death is not an option?

I can't choose between those two - both are equally awful. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-09-2015, 01:40 PM
As a medical student, I find dr Oz's issue far more worrying. Psychotherapy is difficult to measure scientifically and as long as a mental illness doesn't explicitly necessitate medication (such as schizophrenia, serious bipolar disorder, etc.) most therapies are somewhat effective - even just having someone to talk to is a great help in depression. However, when it comes to illnesses whose treatment is greatly affected by how early it's detected - malignant tumours are the first that come to mind, but heart failure, COPD, and most other chronic diseases have a better prognosis the sooner they're diagnosed - it's extremely important for non-professionals to notice if something is wrong and seek professional help first instead of going to these "miracle doctors" or homeopathy charlatans. When scammers like Oz make propaganda supporting "alternative" medicine (I find the term nonsensical, as medicine is a science and there's no "alternative" chemistry or physics either), they're putting a strain on health budget, as people reach professional help later since they first go for homeopathy and only visit a doctor when that doesn't make them better. By that time, what was an early-stage tumour which would have been laughably easy and cheap to remove surgically (most likely leading to a full recovery) has metastases, thus is basically incurable and buying an extra few months through cutting-edge chemotherapy is horrendously expensive. Every dollar/euro this charlatan makes causes twice as much damage - once to the gullible idiot who bought the cancer-cure-of-the-day medicine and one for the state that has to pay for the more expensive therapy, disability pension and has lost workforce who would've been able to work for 10+ years.
[+] 3 users Like Naridar's post