Dr. Strange

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Dr. Strange
Watch it in 3D (Imax 3D if you can). It. Is. Awesome. My favorite Marvel movie so far. Thumbsup

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: Dr. Strange
I really enjoyed it as well. And I too saw it in 3D. I don't normaly because i feel it's over priced for something I forget about as i'm watching. But the tripy effects really have additional depth with the 3D.

A must see.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
09-11-2016, 12:40 PM
The effects were fantastic. I saw it twice, once 3D and once regular. While you can, you need to do 3D. It is just too awesome.

-Rick
09-11-2016, 12:45 PM
I know very little about Dr. Strange. Now I kind of want to pick up a few back issues.

Last I was reading he stepped down as Sorcerer Supreme, and turned that mantel over to a hero know as Voodoo. As far as the comics go.

I'm am however looking forward how they play him into the Avengers universe. And now that marvel has accepted Magic as a thing now, it will be fun to see how that can be used to advance the over arching story. Many people are complaing about super-hero fatigue but i'm over joyed, i'm have lot's of fun going to the movies again.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
09-11-2016, 12:48 PM
(09-11-2016 12:45 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I know very little about Dr. Strange. Now I kind of want to pick up a few back issues.

Last I was reading he stepped down as Sorcerer Supreme, and turned that mantel over to a hero know as Voodoo. As far as the comics go.

I'm am however looking forward how they play him into the Avengers universe. And now that marvel has accepted Magic as a thing now, it will be fun to see how that can be used to advance the over arching story. Many people are complaing about super-hero fatigue but i'm over joyed, i'm have lot's of fun going to the movies again.

I've enjoyed most the characters I didn't know anything about. The Guardians of the Galaxy, Antman, and Dr. Strange. I've thought those were the 3 best movies and story lines they've had yet.

As for how Dr. Strange fits in, one idea is that he may be the central figure in reuniting the Avengers. Which would be cool.

-Rick
09-11-2016, 01:00 PM
(09-11-2016 12:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 12:45 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I know very little about Dr. Strange. Now I kind of want to pick up a few back issues.

I've enjoyed most the characters I didn't know anything about. The Guardians of the Galaxy, Antman, and Dr. Strange. I've thought those were the 3 best movies and story lines they've had yet.

As for how Dr. Strange fits in, one idea is that he may be the central figure in reuniting the Avengers. Which would be cool.

Well the pre-credits ending did have him talking, to Thor. Who was none existent in the last Avengers film.

At some point GoG are going to have to run into the avengers. So all Infinity stones wind up on earth. Which will make Thanos show up.

Time will only tell. Dr. Strange did kind of just best a god thou. Going to be a tuff one to top.

09-11-2016, 01:02 PM
(09-11-2016 01:00 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 12:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I've enjoyed most the characters I didn't know anything about. The Guardians of the Galaxy, Antman, and Dr. Strange. I've thought those were the 3 best movies and story lines they've had yet.

Well the pre-credits ending did have him talking, to Thor. Who was none existent in the last Avengers film.

At some point GoG are going to have to run into the avengers. So all Infinity stones wind up on earth. Which will make Thanos show up.

Time will only tell. Dr. Strange did kind of just best a god thou. Going to be a tuff one to top.

Thanos has to come to Earth to get the infinity stones too.

Thor was busy during the last Avengers film dealing with the shit alluded to in the mid-credits scene.

And in the comic Civil War, they basically had Dr. Strange sit it out because he was too powerful to put on one of the sides because he'd just fuck them up. So yeah, he will be an important factor in fighting Thanos

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 03:14 PM
- mister...
- Doctor!
- Mister Doctor.
- It's Strange.
- Indeed, who am I to judge...

Big Grin

Best dialog ever!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 8 users Like Filox's post
09-11-2016, 10:17 PM

I can recommend the newly finished Way of the Weird and Last Days of Magic storyline great intro into Doctor Strange (and his first solo book in a dozen or so years)

Way of the Wierd

Last Days of Magic

It is fantastic story and really introduces you to the weird Magical side of Marvel.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-11-2016, 03:28 PM
As a long time comic book reader, I really like this movie. It's something I could take my grandkids to see.

It's been about 20 yrs since I read Dr. Strange on a regular basis. I always loved the creative aspects of magic in comics. It wasn't about making magical weapons and fighting. It was about solving problems in unique ways that didn't involve violence.

In the movie, Dr Strange solved a HUGE problem.
"I've come to bargain" or words close to that.

Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post