Dr. Who & ......Bill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Dr. Who & ......Bill
When I first saw previews for the new season of Dr. Who, I truly thought this new character, Bill, was retarded, mentally challenged, frankly stupid in the brain.

I watched the first episode and I was so relieved to be wrong. She is such a wonderful character. In the episode there is a remark made about her being slow, so maybe I wasn't that far off the mark with my initial assessment.

Despite this, her character is acted out to perfection. Pearl Mackie is excellent. Given this high praise, I must also say that I don't think she'll be like the other companions. I don't see her in a romantic role with the doctor.

For those of you that have seen the first episode, what did you think ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
21-04-2017, 09:04 AM
RE: Dr. Who & ......Bill
(21-04-2017 08:53 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  For those of you that have seen the first episode, what did you think ?
I loved it, and I really love Mackie in the role. Bill is both oddly normal for a Companion, and perhaps a bit oddly odd as a character, which works for me! As for no "goo-goo eyes" at The Doctor - he is definitely not her type. Wrong species, wrong age, and wrong gender.

I also loved all of the little pauses when something was NOT being said. Anyone watching this as a first episode might not get it, but old Whovians would "fill in the blanks" and chuckle.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this season.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
21-04-2017, 09:05 AM
(21-04-2017 08:53 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When I first saw previews for the new season of Dr. Who, I truly thought this new character, Bill, was retarded, mentally challenged, frankly stupid in the brain.

I watched the first episode and I was so relieved to be wrong. She is such a wonderful character. In the episode there is a remark made about her being slow, so maybe I wasn't that far off the mark with my initial assessment.

Despite this, her character is acted out to perfection. Pearl Mackie is excellent. Given this high praise, I must also say that I don't think she'll be like the other companions. I don't see her in a romantic role with the doctor.

For those of you that have seen the first episode, what did you think ?

Got a link to something?
21-04-2017, 09:12 AM
(21-04-2017 09:05 AM)pablo Wrote:  Got a link to something?
http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-w...-the-pilot

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
21-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Well that about covers it. Good job. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Be happy or be dead. Big Grin

#sigh
16-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Okay, we have our 13th Doctor, taking over in the Christmas episode. Let the bitching and moaning begin - because you know there will be lots of it. Sadcryface2

It opens up lots of possibilities for Companions.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/bbc-do...202496884/

Big Grin

The Doctor
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
16-07-2017, 11:41 AM
(16-07-2017 11:39 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Okay, we have our 13th Doctor, taking over in the Christmas episode. Let the bitching and moaning begin - because you know there will be lots of it. Sadcryface2

Big Grin

Is that the evil Time Lord bitch who was supposed to be locked up in a cube for 1000 years? 'Cause last I saw she still wasn't good.

#sigh
16-07-2017, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 11:57 AM by Rockblossom.)
(16-07-2017 11:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 11:39 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Okay, we have our 13th Doctor, taking over in the Christmas episode. Let the bitching and moaning begin - because you know there will be lots of it. Sadcryface2

Big Grin

Is that the evil Time Lord bitch who was supposed to be locked up in a cube for 1000 years? 'Cause last I saw she still wasn't good.

Nope. This one has been working in 3 seasons of Broadchurch with David Tennant and Olivia Colman. So the New Doctor in December. Maybe with red hair, because the Doctor always said he wanted to be a redhead. Yes

The Doctor