Poll: Which Is Better?
Dr Who
Torchwood
I love them both
I hate them both
I haven't seen either
I have no real opinion, hell, I don't even know why I'm voting!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Dr Who VS Torchwood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Dr Who VS Torchwood
Well as Doctor Who seems to be so popular on here at the moment this seemed like the perfect time to settle the age old dispute.

Which is currently better Dr Who or Torchwood?

Emphasis on the currently here, I'm talking about at the moment, discounting the history of each show, has Torchwood overtaken Doctor Who entertainment-wise?

Personally I say yes! Dr Who has become cheesy with little real plot, cheap lines and detestable characters whilst Torchwood has become clever and engrossing with brilliant characters and excellent writing.

What does anyone else think?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2012, 10:21 PM
RE: Dr Who VS Torchwood
I'm going to have to withhold judgment for a while, but I'll still give my opinion.

I've only seen Season 1 of Torchwood and currently in Season 1 of Dr. Who.

I prefer Dr. Who right now, but I can see if a series has too long of a run, it gets tougher to come up with creative stories, so it wouldn't surprise me if Torchwood is better currently.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
(09-03-2012 10:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm going to have to withhold judgment for a while, but I'll still give my opinion.

I've only seen Season 1 of Torchwood and currently in Season 1 of Dr. Who.

I prefer Dr. Who right now, but I can see if a series has too long of a run, it gets tougher to come up with creative stories, so it wouldn't surprise me if Torchwood is better currently.

Series 1 of Torchwood was pretty shit, Series 2 was alright but Series 3 was incredible. One of the best series I have ever watched of anything. Series 4 wasn't far off that either.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Crap, I voted before I'd read your post, Hughsie. Bum!

I do think Torchwood has taken over - are there new episodes coming up as we haven't had them broadcast over here for a while.

I liked the first two Dr's of the new series but from there, I think you're right, it has deteriorated.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
(09-03-2012 10:26 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Crap, I voted before I'd read your post, Hughsie. Bum!

I do think Torchwood has taken over - are there new episodes coming up as we haven't had them broadcast over here for a while.

I liked the first two Dr's of the new series but from there, I think you're right, it has deteriorated.

The most recent Torchwood we had was Miracle Day, that was broadcast last year, have you had that yet or was your last series Children of Earth?

Best
Worst
09-03-2012, 10:37 PM
(09-03-2012 10:29 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-03-2012 10:26 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Crap, I voted before I'd read your post, Hughsie. Bum!

The most recent Torchwood we had was Miracle Day, that was broadcast last year, have you had that yet or was your last series Children of Earth?

Pretty sure it was Children of Earth. Great, so I have something to look forward to Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
09-03-2012, 10:39 PM
(09-03-2012 10:37 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Pretty sure it was Children of Earth. Great, so I have something to look forward to Smile

Yeah, Miracle Day's awesome, not quite as good as Children of Earth but not far off.

Best
Worst
11-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I really like Torchwood.
I tried to watch DrWho because I thought it might be a good idea as torchwood is a fork of DrWho but I just like Torchwood a lot better.
Didn't make it through the whole episode of DrWho but watched LOTS of Torchwood. Great series!!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Torchwood is an anagram for something......... can anybody guess???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-03-2012, 05:28 PM
(11-03-2012 05:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  Torchwood is an anagram for something......... can anybody guess???

"Voldemort"?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post