Dragon Age: Inquisition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Dragon Age: Inquisition
I have to say, Bioware has redeemed itself with this title. The dialogue and story is intriguing, and the gameplay is a fantastic blend of the other two. I also have to say that, for a game that was developed on the Frostbite engine, it has a surprisingly small amount of bugs post-launch.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2014, 07:03 PM
(12-12-2014 01:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have to say, Bioware has redeemed itself with this title. The dialogue and story is intriguing, and the gameplay is a fantastic blend of the other two. I also have to say that, for a game that was developed on the Frostbite engine, it has a surprisingly small amount of bugs post-launch.

I found a few bugs but nothing saving and loading couldn't fix.
15-12-2014, 03:06 AM
(12-12-2014 07:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 01:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have to say, Bioware has redeemed itself with this title. The dialogue and story is intriguing, and the gameplay is a fantastic blend of the other two. I also have to say that, for a game that was developed on the Frostbite engine, it has a surprisingly small amount of bugs post-launch.

I found a few bugs but nothing saving and loading couldn't fix.

The hotfix for the second patch on PC fucked my game up. My only two problems with the day 1 patch was the Hawke voice-change bug and the 30fps lock, both of which I worked around easily. Patch 2 introduced a bunch of 'fixes' and removed 'exploits', while simultaneously broke the rendering settings, with things defaulting to Low settings no matter which options you had actually selected. The hotfix corrected this, but they somehow managed to throw another monkey wrench into the system. While before I had no issue running the game at 60 FPS on Ultra/Very High settings (no MSAA) with a few minor seconds or so long ~10 FPS dips when running across the landscape (presumably loading parts of the map, which even then is odd, as it's installed on a fucking SSD so that this didn't happen), or in large NPC heavy areas like Redcliffe village and the crowd that appears the first time you enter Haven.

Now the game suffers from massive hiccups, so those little loading hitches now result in 10 FPS, 1-2 second freezes. Cut scenes that never lagged before now are lagging into 20~30 FPS range and the voices are coming out of sync with the animation. Except for the addition of the sonar pings on the mini-map for the Search function, the game is now performing far worse than it did on day one; and I'd happily have reverted to an earlier better performing version if I had that option. Also it didn't fix the one bug I'm constantly running into, which is the inability to switch party members using the D-pad on my 360 controller. I get stuck on one character and can't change to another. It a fairly minor bug, and a quick save and re-load fixes it, but it's still there all the same.

So I started playing Crysis 2, because I picked up the deluxe trilogy (all Crysis games and all DLC) on sale for $15 and wanted to see how well my rig ran Crysis 3, one of the current high watermarks of PC gaming graphics. Once I beat that, I'll either play Crysis 3 or Inquisition depending on whether or not a patch has been released that fixes the performance bullshit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-12-2014, 06:40 AM
(19-11-2014 05:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, so it looks like a few people will be getting this over the holidays, if they don't have it already.

That being said, ahead of those starting up a new game, I thought I'd inform people about Dragon Age Keep. What is it? Basically a web browser based way of creating the world state that you can then import into your Dragon Age: Inquisition game, allowing you to go back and dictate all of the relevant choices and decision across the two previous entries in the series and all of their DLC; then exporting it into a save file you can then import at the start of Dragon Age: Inquisition. What gender and class was the Warden and Hawke? Who did they romance, kill, help, and hinder? You can make all of these choices here, and it's certainly damn quicker than playing completionist play-through's on both games right before launch.

Also, did you forget who or what certain decisions entailed? PC Gamer has you covered with a handy guide to Dragon Age Keep, which you can find HERE.

It is a good game, i like to play it online. i also play many other games which have some action like War of tanks and others.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 09:29 AM
(15-12-2014 03:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 07:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I found a few bugs but nothing saving and loading couldn't fix.

The hotfix for the second patch on PC fucked my game up. My only two problems with the day 1 patch was the Hawke voice-change bug and the 30fps lock, both of which I worked around easily. Patch 2 introduced a bunch of 'fixes' and removed 'exploits', while simultaneously broke the rendering settings, with things defaulting to Low settings no matter which options you had actually selected. The hotfix corrected this, but they somehow managed to throw another monkey wrench into the system. While before I had no issue running the game at 60 FPS on Ultra/Very High settings (no MSAA) with a few minor seconds or so long ~10 FPS dips when running across the landscape (presumably loading parts of the map, which even then is odd, as it's installed on a fucking SSD so that this didn't happen), or in large NPC heavy areas like Redcliffe village and the crowd that appears the first time you enter Haven.

Now the game suffers from massive hiccups, so those little loading hitches now result in 10 FPS, 1-2 second freezes. Cut scenes that never lagged before now are lagging into 20~30 FPS range and the voices are coming out of sync with the animation. Except for the addition of the sonar pings on the mini-map for the Search function, the game is now performing far worse than it did on day one; and I'd happily have reverted to an earlier better performing version if I had that option. Also it didn't fix the one bug I'm constantly running into, which is the inability to switch party members using the D-pad on my 360 controller. I get stuck on one character and can't change to another. It a fairly minor bug, and a quick save and re-load fixes it, but it's still there all the same.

So I started playing Crysis 2, because I picked up the deluxe trilogy (all Crysis games and all DLC) on sale for $15 and wanted to see how well my rig ran Crysis 3, one of the current high watermarks of PC gaming graphics. Once I beat that, I'll either play Crysis 3 or Inquisition depending on whether or not a patch has been released that fixes the performance bullshit.

I'm sorry what, did you say something? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over how problem free I'm having with this game on xboner.
16-12-2014, 09:23 AM
[Image: 2014-12-08.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-12-2014, 11:11 AM
[Image: p7R94Eo.png]