Dragon Age: Inquisition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2014, 02:05 AM
RE: Dragon Age: Inquisition
(21-11-2014 01:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What happened? someone invented spam filters?

As with so many other things in history, muffs. The British happened.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Sounds legit.
21-11-2014, 10:26 AM
You poopyheads got me watching gameplay vids all morning. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm not buying it. BioWare can eat my dick for using Denuvo's DRM. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-11-2014, 01:24 PM
There goes the next week.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2014, 07:32 PM
So I'm either grabbing this or FC4.

Gameplay vids are meh... And I haven't played the other DA games. I did really love the KoTOR games and Mass Effect. It just seems like the combat has no weight to it (like hits don't impact enemy animations or location). And I hated WoW... So... Recommendations?
22-11-2014, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 12:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-11-2014 07:32 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So I'm either grabbing this or FC4.

Gameplay vids are meh... And I haven't played the other DA games. I did really love the KoTOR games and Mass Effect. It just seems like the combat has no weight to it (like hits don't impact enemy animations or location). And I hated WoW... So... Recommendations?

The combat feels very MMO-ish. It's more weighty than WOW or SWTOR, but it's by no means Skyrim.

Also I haven't gotten more than a few hours into the game because I'm not sure what I want to play. Because I'm not sure which class will be the most effective, or the most fun to play, or will best compliment my preferred party because I haven't even met all of the companions yet. Two-Handed weapons are really slow and their AOE is useless against single opponents. Sword and board is faster and harder to get killed with, but you're also doubling up with Cassandra in the early game. Mages were fun in DAII, but there are already 3 mage companions in DA:I and their animations aren't anywhere near as cool as they were in the previous installment (DAII really sold mages as fun energetic badasses, DA:I move them back more towards being sluggish like they were in DA:O). A rogue could be fun, but I haven't seen anything specific to back-stabbing in their skill tree nor have I noticed positioning making much difference in damage either. And while an archer might be fun, the two companions that I was really looking forward too are archers as well (Verric and Sera).

So I still don't know if I want to be human or elf, male or female, let alone warrior, rogue, or mage...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-11-2014, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 12:42 AM by Free Thought.)
(22-11-2014 12:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

The combat feels very MMO-ish. It's more weighty than WOW or SWTOR, but it's by no means Skyrim.

Also I haven't gotten more than a few hours into the game because I'm not sure what I want to play. Because I'm not sure which class will be the most effective, or the most fun to play, or will best compliment my preferred party because I haven't even met all of the companions yet. Two-Handed weapons are really slow and their AOE is useless against single opponents. Sword and board is faster and harder to get killed with, but you're also doubling up with Cassandra in the early game. Mages were fun in DAII, but there are already 3 mage companions in DA:I and their animations aren't anywhere near as cool as they were in the previous installment (DAII really sold mages as fun energetic badasses, DA:I move them back more towards being sluggish like they were in DA:O). A rogue could be fun, but I haven't seen anything specific to back-stabbing in their skill tree nor have I noticed positioning making much difference in damage either. And while an archer might be fun, the two companions that I was really looking forward too are archers as well (Verric and Sera).

So I still don't know if I want to be human or elf, male or female, let alone warrior, rogue, or mage...

Quote:(DAII really sold mages as fun energetic badasses, DA:I move them back more towards being sluggish like they were in DA:O).

Quote:DA:I move them back more towards being sluggish like they were in DA:O.

Quote:sluggish like they were in DA:O

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Weeping

Why?! Why'd they do that?!

Weeping Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-11-2014, 01:00 AM
(22-11-2014 12:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Well if you're gonna be rogue or warrior I would suggest going dwarf.
The +25% magic defense is awesome. Though if you insist on being human or elf I think +25% ranged defense is nicer than +1 initial skill point. I don't think 1 skill point will make that much of a difference.
22-11-2014, 01:01 AM
(22-11-2014 12:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 12:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The combat feels very MMO-ish. It's more weighty than WOW or SWTOR, but it's by no means Skyrim.

Quote:(DAII really sold mages as fun energetic badasses, DA:I move them back more towards being sluggish like they were in DA:O).

Quote:DA:I move them back more towards being sluggish like they were in DA:O.

Quote:sluggish like they were in DA:O

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Weeping

Why?! Why'd they do that?!

Weeping Weeping

As far as I can tell so far they also removed arcane warrior so no more OP mage/warrior. Sad Gotta play mage like a mage now.