[Image: DragonAgeInquisition2014-12-0406-41-05-63.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-12-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Dragon Age: Inquisition
What's this game like?

What I saw just looked like a Skyrim ripoff.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2014, 02:29 AM
(04-12-2014 04:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That Solas guy is kind of a self-righteous prig. If Iron Bull suggests we leave him face down in the Mire I may not disagree.

Plus he's bald.

Vivenne is by far the best character personality wise. Followed by Iron Bull and Varric.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-12-2014, 03:28 AM
(04-12-2014 10:02 PM)Sam Wrote:  What's this game like?

Spin 'em n00bsauce.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-12-2014, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 05:27 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-12-2014 02:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 04:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That Solas guy is kind of a self-righteous prig. If Iron Bull suggests we leave him face down in the Mire I may not disagree.

Plus he's bald.

Vivenne is by far the best character personality wise. Followed by Iron Bull and Varric.

Vivenne is absolutely annoying in her condescension and holier than thou attitude, but her desire for the restoration of order and her disparaging of both sides of the conflict for the mass of needless suffering it has caused is admirable; even as she admittedly seeks the restoration of a status quo she had previously profited from greatly.

I like Iron Bull, but two things. He is redundant in my party as my current Inquisitor is a two-handed fighter (and are they ever a metric-fuck-ton more fun to play with a controller), and I can't get over the fact that I know it's Freddy Prince Jr. doing his best Christian Bale as Batman impression.

Varric is just Varric, by which I mean awesome.

05-12-2014, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 11:20 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(04-12-2014 10:02 PM)Sam Wrote:  What's this game like?

Well The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (TESV) was the latest in a long series of solo, first person, open world RPG's by developer Bethesda Softworks. Dragon Age: Inquisition (DAI) is the latest in a rather long (but admittedly comparatively shorter) series of party based, third person, closed world RPG's by developer Bioware.

TESV allows you to build a blank slate character with full access to all aspects of the game, while DAI will task you with building a character with a defined role (warrior, rogue, mage), which will also come with predetermined baggage depending on your race, gender, and class choice at character creation. For example, if you play as a human mage, then you simply are of the Trevelyan noble family of the Free Marches, and a former Circle Mage from the Ostwick Circle; while your relationship to your past and personal opinions on thing will be yours to decide, you are saddled with a particular set of pre-history no matter your decision.

What they do however share most in common, at least with their latest iterations, is in exploration. Bioware readily admits that their take on exploration was directly influenced by the success of TESV, which they have said has caused a paradigm shift in the expectations of those who enjoy the genre. While DAI is not a genuine open world game, it is built using DICE's Frostbite 3 engine (which also powers Battlefield 4) which allows for some spectacularly looking and impressively sized game areas. Your first area to explore, the Hinterlands, is so large and full of quests to complete and areas to explore, that you can easily burn your first 20 hours of the game without leaving here and you'd still have stuff left to do. After that there is the Storm Coast, the Exalted Plains, Val Royeaux, Crestwood, The Fallow Mire, Forbidden Oasis, The Emerald Graves, Emprise du Lion, and the Hissing Wastes.

The game is a Bioware RPG, and if you've enjoyed their previous work (Baldur's Gate, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect) and what really sets it apart, you'll most likely enjoy this game too.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Also, this...

[Image: tumblr_n4e03eGvqB1ttx9pro1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_n4ink3fCW21qd4cf1.gif]

06-12-2014, 06:18 AM
[Image: ScreenshotWin32_0102_Final_zpsa27f2899.png]

Thing about Vivienne is that you know what she is, she knows what she is, there's none of that emotional mollycoddling required by some of the other cats. The end of the world can only be a disaster if one chooses the wrong gown for the occasion. Bitch better take me shopping soon.

I have heard some people complain about Iron Bull; but ya just can't let the AI handle the Bull. My girl tosses in a few arrows until Bull gets into position, then me and Bull clear a path. The last view of many encounters is of his huge back and a pile of bodies scattered about.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-12-2014, 07:32 AM
(05-12-2014 10:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 02:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Plus he's bald.

Vivenne is absolutely annoying in her condescension and holier than thou attitude, but her desire for the restoration of order and her disparaging of both sides of the conflict for the mass of needless suffering it has caused is admirable; even as she admittedly seeks the restoration of a status quo she had previously profited from greatly.

I like Iron Bull, but two things. He is redundant in my party as my current Inquisitor is a two-handed fighter (and are they ever a metric-fuck-ton more fun to play with a controller), and I can't get over the fact that I know it's Freddy Prince Jr. doing his best Christian Bale as Batman impression.

Varric is just Varric, by which I mean awesome.

That attitude is what makes her character so brilliant and than joined together with her accent and you have a winner.

The only problem I have with Bull is that he has a tiny head.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-12-2014, 12:40 AM
(06-12-2014 07:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The only problem I have with Bull is that he has a tiny head.

Dude, he has a huge fucking head! Not counting his horns, it has a pretty standard width and height, but it's really deep. It just looks small because the rest of him is disproportionately so much larger. Nobody else has a neck and shoulders that could be easily mistaken as extra heads.