Dragons? Really?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Dragons? Really?
I came across a book called Dragonology which by the subject it would seem meant to be fiction but by the content it would seem to be like a real scientific study. It looked like the author really thought that dragons were real. All types of dragons. I then went about looking for whether there was such a group as dragonologist by typing it into Google. This is what I found.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_WWSD/index.php
I really, really hope that this is some version of dungeons and dragons but with statements like this I can't help but doubt that this is true.

"[Image: ohmy.gif] I live in houston,Texas. 35 feet long 8 feet high. It was flying overhead. I saw it only a few miles away from downtown. It was flying low over a small forest. [Image: blink.gif] [Image: dragon.gif] "

Shocking

I....have......what do I say.....

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 06:49 AM
RE: Dragons? Really?
It's good to see they have a raft of sceptics on board:
"Anyone Heard Of An Antipodean Opaleye"
"I've never heard of it, but it sounds awesome!
EDIT : i just googled it, and it turns out it was created by JK Rowling for her Harry Potter books."
"Well... you never know...
Maybe she based it off a true event?
Yeah, not gonna happen... "
"Well, unless most are lucky many might only see a glimps. No idea how common bats are but if you really want to know if a dragon may fly aroound where you live just do something like what I do. Go somewhere dark so you can see the sky and stars with little light and just sit/lay down/ or stand looking up for a while. Even talk to the sky like I do, who knows maybe one might hear you. And just look up.
You may not know the exact breed, but does it really matter, that when you look up and then just see a glimps or a small sudden flash for a beautiful winged animal from above. I have done that and seen glimpses and one semi close encounter. I think it was about 40-60 feet about the street lamp. Sadly since then I havnt had any luck with close encounters though I wont stop looking^^
Hope you can look up and see one, and if you do come back on and post. Sure it may not have an artist detail but even a glimps can make a soul sore ^^"
http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_WWSD/ind...wtopic=454

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
15-03-2013, 07:22 AM

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
15-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Makes some of our trolls sound sane!
Next we'll be getting reports of Zombies riding Dragons and fighting Vampires. Could be the next book Vera has to translate Smile

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
15-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Dragonriding zombies. My D&D players are gonna see that soon (I already got the idea of zombie-dragonriding necromancers from OOTS, maybe I'll blend the two ideas).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
16-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Has anyone reported seeing Bahamut and Tiamat dueling in the sky?

Because that would be awesome........

Blink

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
16-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Re: Dragons? Really?
Those books are pretty neat, they are fiction.

I've seen them at Ren Fairs in book stores. They have Wizardology and Pirateology ones comparable
22-03-2013, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 06:07 AM by ELK12695.)
I wish dragons were real, I want one of these:
[Image: 904242_1324200479057_full.png]
25-03-2013, 04:06 AM
I think the author of the book you read would have written
on this topic because it's catches the reader’s attention easily and who
wouldn't read something that creates a hype.

Private Detectives UK are undoubtedly the best you could find.
25-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I honestly hope you didn't think that the author was being serious.....it's silly children's fiction.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard