Drain's Westboro Baptist Church Memoir

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
22-04-2013, 02:12 AM

RE: Drain's Westboro Baptist Church Memoir
(21-04-2013 09:46 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  Also, "Sympathetic character"? This isn't some fictional being in a Sci-Fi novel....this is a real person, writing about her REAL life...she's not a "character"...try being a little more humane.

Bite me.
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 02:15 AM

(21-04-2013 10:48 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Personally, I hope she makes a trillion dollars exposing this sadistic cult

Try reading the book. The worst victims of that church sued and won millions, but ultimately lost on appeal at the Supreme Court. Why should Lauren Drain make trillions? She wasn't abused by the church, but she participated gleefully in their activities. Why should she make trillions.

Oh, you don't know, do you? Why? Because you haven't read the book, have you? But that doesn't stop you having an "opinion" does it? Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 02:45 AM
We don't have a problem with the book, we don't need the book to understand that your statement on child abuse or pretty much anything you say is ridiculous.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
22-04-2013, 04:10 AM
(21-04-2013 04:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  Anyone who isn’t a Veridican—or something like a Veridican—isn’t part of the elect, anyway.

You are the only Veridican in the world.

"Something like" a Veridican?

You mean any screwball who thinks he wrote a book of the Bible can get into Heaven? Blink

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Abdul Alhazred's post
22-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Quote:Instead of flying off the handle, why don't you try reading the book. She loved being part of the church. She wanted their acceptance. She loved picketting. Then they kick her out for her own admitted disobedience that she promised them she wouldn't do, and suddenly she's pro-gay, pro-choice, and against all the church did.

Dude, every child indoctrinated from childbirth WANT to belong to their fucked up belief's...even if WE know its wrong, the children are raised to believe its right. She loved all the things associated with the church because she was taught and forced to love it.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
22-04-2013, 04:49 AM
(22-04-2013 02:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  Bite me.

No thanks, I don't eat rotten meat.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 2 users Like Likos02's post
22-04-2013, 06:46 AM
(22-04-2013 04:49 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  Bite me.

No thanks, I don't eat rotten meat.

He's just being Jebus-like. Jebus said "bite me" a lot.
Egor is just "being Christ".

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

22-04-2013, 07:14 AM
BTW Egor, isn't it a bit megalomaniac to call your one man band the First Veridican Church?
Like there will ever be a second member, let alone church.

Here's the Seventeenth Church of Christ, Scientist

[Image: 640px-Seventeenth_Church_of_Christ%2C_Sc...ois%29.jpg]

That's what a successful cult looks like.

Eat your heart out, Bubbee. Rolleyes

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
[+] 1 user Likes Abdul Alhazred's post
22-04-2013, 07:21 AM
(22-04-2013 07:14 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  BTW Egor, isn't it a bit megalomaniac to call your one man band the First Veridican Church?
Like there will ever be a second member, let alone church.

Oh Egor...
[Image: pwned%20DH.jpg]

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous
22-04-2013, 09:12 AM
(22-04-2013 02:15 AM)Egor Wrote:  Try reading the book. The worst victims of that church sued and won millions, but ultimately lost on appeal at the Supreme Court. Why should Lauren Drain make trillions? She wasn't abused by the church, but she participated gleefully in their activities. Why should she make trillions.

Oh, you don't know, do you? Why? Because you haven't read the book, have you? But that doesn't stop you having an "opinion" does it? Dodgy

She was dragged into the WBC by her deranged father who called her a whore because she flirted with a boy at school... she was rejected by the people in the church for not being a bigot and you're arguing that she wasn't abused?

She was indeed abused. Not only by her father but by the people in the church he drug her into.

And, I don't have to have read the book to support this woman's efforts. As I said above, I hope she gets filthy rich from the book, because that will mean she has exposed this hate filled cult to that many more people.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 3 users Like bbeljefe's post