Drain's Westboro Baptist Church Memoir

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
22-04-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: Drain's Westboro Baptist Church Memoir
(22-04-2013 07:14 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  BTW Egor, isn't it a bit megalomaniac to call your one man band the First Veridican Church?
Like there will ever be a second member, let alone church.

Here's the Seventeenth Church of Christ, Scientist

[Image: 640px-Seventeenth_Church_of_Christ%2C_Sc...ois%29.jpg]

That's what a successful cult looks like.

Eat your heart out, Bubbee. Rolleyes

Seventeenth Church of Christ...lol
Still trying to get it right I suppose

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 09:25 AM
(22-04-2013 09:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:14 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  BTW Egor, isn't it a bit megalomaniac to call your one man band the First Veridican Church?
Like there will ever be a second member, let alone church.

Here's the Seventeenth Church of Christ, Scientist

[Image: 640px-Seventeenth_Church_of_Christ%2C_Sc...ois%29.jpg]

That's what a successful cult looks like.

Eat your heart out, Bubbee. Rolleyes

Seventeenth Church of Christ...lol
Still trying to get it right I suppose

I was just curious so I checked and, yep, there is a thirteenth too. Funny how some people will ignore one superstition and base their entire lives on another.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Egor "got elected" by hanging out with KC. Talk about two left turns not even making a left... Dodgy

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
22-04-2013, 11:24 AM
(22-04-2013 02:11 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 05:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Many who are both physically and mentally abused say the mental abuse is actually worse and more painful. Who are you to judge the severity of her personal anguish?

Instead of flying off the handle, why don't you try reading the book. She loved being part of the church. She wanted their acceptance. She loved picketting. Then they kick her out for her own admitted disobedience that she promised them she wouldn't do, and suddenly she's pro-gay, pro-choice, and against all the church did.

Hey Egor...Mr. Psycho nurse...ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome?

It is truly frightening that you are in the medical profession in any capacity.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2013, 01:47 PM

Laura Drain was upset because they banished her from the Church. Laura didn't have a problem with the Church, she had a problem being banished from the church.

And I'm not defending the WBC. They are a completely twisted cult headed by a man who is obviously living out a reaction formation to some inner homosexuality. I wouldn't joing the WBC, but Laura Drain would still be in there today picketting fallen soldier's funerals if they hadn't banned her.

You talk about her being abused--everyone is abused. The abuse she describes at the hands of her father is not good, no way. But even in the manner in which she describes it, it seems they might have had good reason to keep her away from "the boys."
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh Egor. You really are a spectacular human being. I mean, every post is more entertaining than the last. Keep going like this and there is going to be one less atheist in the world; I'm going die of laughter.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous
22-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Egor is one cult leader that for sure does not abuse his followers, because he has no followers.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
[+] 2 users Like Abdul Alhazred's post
22-04-2013, 05:33 PM
(22-04-2013 02:13 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Egor is one cult leader that for sure does not abuse his followers, because he has no followers.

LOL

Well he has his wife, if that counts for anything.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
22-04-2013, 08:58 PM
(22-04-2013 05:33 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:13 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Egor is one cult leader that for sure does not abuse his followers, because he has no followers.

LOL

Well he has his wife, if that counts for anything.

He has never said his wife joined his cult...he just says he has one...and I agree with previous posters...HOW are you in the medical profession when you clearly have no empathy?

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
22-04-2013, 09:30 PM
(22-04-2013 01:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  Laura Drain was upset because they banished her from the Church. Laura didn't have a problem with the Church, she had a problem being banished from the church.

And I'm not defending the WBC. They are a completely twisted cult headed by a man who is obviously living out a reaction formation to some inner homosexuality. I wouldn't joing the WBC, but Laura Drain would still be in there today picketting fallen soldier's funerals if they hadn't banned her.

You talk about her being abused--everyone is abused. The abuse she describes at the hands of her father is not good, no way. But even in the manner in which she describes it, it seems they might have had good reason to keep her away from "the boys."

Oh. I get it now. Abuse a child to your heart's content but God Damn that child for ever speaking out about the abuse she suffered.

Because honor thy father and thy mother... even if they're completely wrong. Right?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb