"Draining the swamp" LOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2016, 08:39 AM
"Draining the swamp" LOL
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/d...story.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-11-2016, 08:57 AM
RE: "Draining the swamp" LOL
It's great when "the other side's guy" lies during an election, and then reneges on their promises.......

Not so much, when your guy does it......

And trust me -- there was plenty of bullshit being spouted by all sides.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Silly Bucky, they have to drain the swamp. They need more room for the greatest, biggest, swampiest swamp ever. It's going to be a first-class and it's going to have the word TRUMP (in ginormous letters) written all over it. Just you wait and see.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
14-11-2016, 09:49 AM
(14-11-2016 09:29 AM)julep Wrote:  Silly Bucky, they have to drain the swamp. They need more room for the greatest, biggest, swampiest swamp ever. It's going to be a first-class and it's going to have the word TRUMP (in ginormous letters) written all over it. Just you wait and see.

It's going to be awesome! It is going to be the most terrific swamp ever!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
14-11-2016, 09:59 AM
(14-11-2016 09:29 AM)julep Wrote:  Silly Bucky, they have to drain the swamp. They need more room for the greatest, biggest, swampiest swamp ever. It's going to be a first-class and it's going to have the word TRUMP (in ginormous letters) written all over it. Just you wait and see.

Is it in the budget to gild the entire White House?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
14-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Drain the swamp and replace the Alligators with Crocodiles [Image: dPeoPet.gif?zoom=2]

tl;dr A letter to the Average Joe, you can’t fight progress and you just shot yourself in the foot.

American and Americans have always prided themselves on innovation and industry. But this is a double-edged sword as many rural communities have found out since the 1950’s as machinery has replaced the common worker.

You can’t extoll the virtues of higher productivity, innovation, engineering and invention without coming to grips that the everyday common working class Joe will be displaced and become obsolete.

Those mega-international companies that you blame for your eroding and vanishing lifestyle were conceived by and are owned by your fellow countryman. Some guys saw a need for higher and cheaper production and came up with amazing stuff. (see videos below)

Meanwhile your neighbor, in pursuit of a better life for his family, made the business decision to have the widgets made in Anytown, USA made instead overseas somewhere in Everytown, Mexico or China or India. Globalization is the genie that can’t be put back in the bottle. Every American is now in competition not just with the guy down the street in his hometown but pretty much with every human on the planet.

I know rural America is hurting, but the government is neither the bad guy nor the savior for your woes in most cases. If you aren’t the innovator, the investor, the visionary you then are going to be left behind. If you can’t adapt to the changing landscape and circumstances being brought about by technology your lifestyle is going to suffer.

The classic case of the horse-buggy maker versus Henry Ford’s Model T.

Make America Great Again makes for a compelling slogan but it is but a verbal salve to the common Joe’s problems. What I think these folks are hearing is Make America Great Again for Me, back when our little steel town was thriving and we were the cutting edge of global production. So can we please roll back globalization, mechanization, innovation, competition, new materials and cleaner fuels and bring back my $20/hr manual job and company pension?

You long for a past that is gone and most likely will never come back. Meanwhile the things you could be doing to help your children be competitive in this new reality like supporting better pay for teachers, more education, higher education, secular education, vocational schools in modern industries, the health of the planet and basic healthcare for all, these things you vote against and yell and scream that they are plots by Liberals to, I don’t know, signal you out to destroy your vanishing way of life. Facepalm

Meanwhile the nominee that was going to be inclusive, had shown over a lifetime that she cared about the well-being of all children (not just her own), had plans for shifting more of the the tax burden to the millionaires and billionaires and corporations that can well afford to pay more for the opportunities that this country provides you vote against. Instead you voted in a billionaire that talks a big game but has never walked the talk, will cut tax rates for himself and his cronies and now is filling his cabinet with the very people you rebeled against. To me this is simply mind-numbing.

I wanted you to have a better life, I voted for the nominee that would try to make the playing field more level for you, for me and for everyone else but you in your anguish and pain and desire to blame someone, anyone else for your troubles chose the other guy, the guy that promised you a rose garden that is unattainable. You just don't know it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF-xkiOMYSI

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 13 users Like Full Circle's post
14-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Just watched the John Oliver episode on another thread here. He's not draining the swamp, he's simply adding piranhas.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-11-2016, 10:14 AM
My concern right now is that Trump will put all of these established republicans in positions of power only to "fire" them later in order to:
1) pass the blame of his shitty ideas off onto other people
2) "make good" on his promise to "drain the swamp" by saying that he gave the establishment one last chance to work with him and they failed. Thereby allowing him to place even more corrupt but unknown (politically) fucks in these positions

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
14-11-2016, 10:37 AM
He's being captured and subverted, I think. Co-opted.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-11-2016, 10:46 AM
(14-11-2016 10:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He's being captured and subverted, I think. Co-opted.

Laugh out load They'll make a politician out of him, yet.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post